Good and not so good news at 6.1 week scan

*in church lady voice* Well, now, isn't that special! :haha:

Huzzah, nausea! There's something I didn't really get! I was weirdly upset that I wasn't puking all the time. :haha:

Pregnancy makes us wish for very strange things. Doctor, please poke me in the arm again draw more blood and stick probes up my vag more frequently! Also, please pregnancy fairy, make my boobs hurt badly everyday and let me puke (or at least feel nauseas) at least once a day!:rofl:

I've officially been struck with MS. Last night before bed, I started feeling achy, freezing cold, and nauseas. I eventually ended up in the bathroom tossing half the delicious dinner that DH cooked for me. Not so delicious the second time around. This morning, I woke up slightly nauseas and then ended up in full dry heaving mode for an hour after eating some rice cakes. I'm feeling better now.

I'm hoping this is a sign of good news to come. Can't wait until tomorrow!

I'm stalking and hoping for some good news tomorrow. It's all good signs having nausea and sickness. I'm jealous, I want some nausea and sickness! :haha:

I agree with Lilly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

And YAY for MS!!!

Ugh I thought today was Friday. How is it not Friday already?!!?

But yay MS!!

Stalking! Patiently waiting for tomorrow and keeping everything crossed for you lionchild.

Blood has been drawn! Now it's just the wait :munch:

They usually post my results online within 4-5 hours. My doctor is also supposed to call me, but I'll probably see the results before she calls. I'm so so nervous. I'm hoping for at least 30,000.

I have a meeting, which won't finish until the time I expect the results. I'll post the numbers on here as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your well wishes!! You all are amazing!!! Please universe, give me some good news!

I hope the time flies for you and its good news :)

Well, the results were not what I was hoping for.

My HCG on 8/3 was 11,530 and today on 8/9 it was 21,316. HCG levels usually slow down a lot after 6000+, but it's pretty darn slow. It hasn't quite doubled and it was nearly 6 days between tests. The good news is that it's still rising, so there is still hope. Also, I'm in the normal range for HCG levels at this stage of pregnancy (6.5 weeks). Levels aren't very informative at this stage. Basically, it looks like the test didn't tell me much except that it doesn't look like I'm miscarrying at the moment. I'll just have to wait it out for the viability ultrasound on August 19th. Still in limbo. :-=

In other news, I had some other concerning test results that came back today. Along with the beta test, I also had unrelated blood tests ordered by my primary care physician. I kept forgetting to fast, so I haven't been able to have them done, but I remembered today. Anyway, there are ketones in my urine and my ALP and BUN levels are too low. What this all suggests is that I'm malnourished. I have some pretty severe gastrointestinal problems, which they've been trying to diagnose for a while now. I'm thinking whatever is wrong with my digestive system is causing me to be unable to absorb certain nutrients from my food. I eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly (and take vitamins), so there is no dietary reason I should be malnourished. I wonder how this could be impacting my reproductive system and the baby? I need to figure out how to fix this problem ASAP!

I'm in desperate need of a nap. Off to bed for a bit. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

I'm sorry you didn't get news that was more definite, but am glad that things seem to be normal. Definitely sorry you have to wait until the 19th, as I imagine that feels like an eternity right now.

Can you ask about starting a probiotic (Culturelle) to help with your absorption of stuff? Also, do you know if you have any food allergies, because I know those can cause absorption issues due to gut inflammation. Good luck to you!

Hmmm, maybe not the numbers you were hoping for, but like you said, they DID go up :thumbup: even if it's slow.

10 more days till scan!!! :coffee:

:hugs:

P.s. lots of napping going on around here today lol...busy week for everyone I guess. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->