Good and not so good news at 6.1 week scan

Cland, I take daily probiotics. Is there a specific type I should be taking?

Yay for naps, Lilly!

I need to catch up on both of your journals. :friends: I haven't seen them yet today.

I'm so sorry that your numbers didn't jump more. What does your doctor have to say?

Culturelle and Florastor were what my GI doc recommended for me and Hubster, after my gallbladder removal (and being pumped full of antibiotics) - because they are high-level. He basically laughed when I said I ate yogurt everyday, because the level of the probiotic is too little to do any good. I would definitely call your doctor and make sure it's OK first. I can't think of a single reason why they would be potentially harmful during pregnancy, but I cannot suggest you (or anyone) do anything while pregnant without clearing with your doctor!

My journal is full of rage, profanity and generalized animosity.

Cland, these are the ones I take. https://www.amazon.com/Multidophilus-12-Strains-Enterically-Coated/dp/B000I4FDA0 I haven't found info that suggesting they are unsafe for pregnancy, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask my doctor. I definitely have food allergies. We just haven't figured out exactly what they are yet. It's probably a bad idea for me to go on an elimination diet while pregnant (and malnourished :dohh:).

Jellybean- She just said we have to wait for the scan. The numbers aren't very informative when they are this high. Most people don't have them drawn this late. The reason she drew them were to make sure they hadn't dropped. If they had, then I wouldn't have to wait for the ultrasound to know things were definitely going to end. Instead, the numbers pretty much have left me in the same place I was—not optimistic, but still in the running for a successful pregnancy.

I'm prepared for another miscarriage, but OF COURSE, I want to be one of the lucky percentage of people who go on to have a healthy pregnancy after a 6 week heart rate of <90. The one thing I have going for me is that the sac and fetal pole measured spot on with one another and within a day of my calculated dates. According to the medical literature, pregnancies with slow initial embryonic heart rates where measurements and gestational age are in agreement with one another (>5 days off) statistically tend to have better outcomes than those embryos with measurements that don't match up with the predicted gestational age.

I'm going to try to stay very busy until the 19th.

Solaray is a great company, I think those would meet my docs criteria for high dose. I'd clear all your supplements and OTC meds with a doc, just to be on the safe side. I just use that as a general disclaimer, because I want no responsibility for someone else's pregnancy.

PM me an email address and I can send you an elimination diet plan, I downloaded one awhile back for me and Hubster. I can't attach it here because of the file size. My stepsister was on an elimination diet for the entirety of her second pregnancy, so I know it can be done safely - I think you just have to check it out and plan what to eat in advance, so you aren't left hungry or without options. I would say it's a very easy thing you can do on your own to see if it improves things for you.

The closing of your post, referencing all the statistical stuff, sounds like something I would do in your shoes. Try to take some comfort in the fact that your odds are as good as they can possibly be under the circumstances and it will be what it will be at this point. FX this works out for you!

I wish you had better news but this is still good! Not the malnourishment part though!

The fact that your numbers are within a normal range for this stage of pregnancy makes me really hopeful! Everyone's numbers rise at different rates. :thumbup:

Well, I have bad news, ladies. I went in for my viability scan, which should have put me at 8.1 weeks. Baby stopped growing a few days after the last ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. I had a missed miscarriage.

I'm scheduling a D&C for (hopefully) Friday. I wish I could allow for a natural miscarriage, which would be my preference, but I've got my qualifying exams for my PhD program starting next week, and I can't risk the chance of miscarrying in the middle of those.

Pretty much right now I'm pissed off at the world and have nothing positive to say. It's not f'n fair.

I have some work to do, and then I'm taking a long nap. Thanks for all of your positivity and support through this. I wish it had a better outcome.

I'm so sorry, Lionchild.

I know it doesn't help. Miscarriage is fucking brutal. MMC is worse. I know what it's like to have your ultrasound pop up with no HB. I know "sorry" doesn't help your aching heart.

I'm here to talk and give you info on what it's like to have a D&C if it would help you. But mostly:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm really sorry :(. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Lots of hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->