Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

So fun fact, you can get diaper rash during pregnancy, no matter how well you clean yourself. I got it with my son and now I have it with this one. I don't remember exactly why my doctor said it happens but he said it's fairly common. It was so embarrassing having to ask my husband to bring me a baby wipe and the diaper rash cream haha.

First appointment tomorrow! Excited and nervous, can't wait to see my little peanut!! Picture to come soon.:happydance:

Hey, I finally found this thread! Is it too late to join :flower: I was a part of the August rainbows thread but I think Im the only one of the only ones left there :cry: Kind of depressing :(

Thanks! How have you been J? I've been dealing with hyperemesis and in and out of the hospital. I'm telling myself that on the positive side that probably means the baby is progressing, right?

Welcome Macy xx
Sorrg I've been missing for a while don't get chance to come on much between feeling sick constantly and working :( xxx
I've tried to Catch up so I hope everyone is doing ok. Got my midwife appointment on Friday and my 12 week dating scan on 3rd Feb xxxx

Sorry you have been sick Jenna, can totally relate! I'm counting down the days til 2nd tri xx

I don't mind feeling sick tbh... As strange as it sounds at least I know my little jelly bean is ok xxxx

I've been hoping the same, that the hyperemesis means baby is doing well! I was never this sick with my mmc so hopefully its a good sign.

I can't exactly related because I had no morning sickness with my son and this time around I have it but it still isn't bad. Every day between one and 7 but usually more like between 3 and 6 I get struck with this super queasy feeling. It last for a couple of hours and then dies down but it's making it very hard to eat supper lately because during that time I just don't feel hungry at all and if I do feel hungry then the thought of eating just makes me want to throw up. I try to force myself to eat atleast a little every night for supper but I've already lost 4 lbs (don't worry, I had plenty of extra to spare haha) my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all and in the first trimester with my son I lost 15 lbs and I was eating all the time. I was so happy to go to my ultrasound because other than just plain feeling exhausted I have had very few symptoms so it was nice to see and hear a heartbeat. I can't wait until Thursday for my first official prenatal appointment with my real doctor. I'm hoping he doesn't give me too much fuss about wanting to try a vbac because I will stand my ground. All I want is a planned c-section set for 1 week after my due date and if I don't go into labour by then he can chop away. I just want another chance to try to do labour and vaginal delivery.

I'm not being sick xxxx it's just. Constant sick feeling xxx it deffinatley makes eating super difficult and my OH is shouting at me coz I'm not eating enough for 2 :( xxxx

I just keep telling him it will hopefully get better in 2nd tri xxx

J, Im glad to hear you havent been too ill. I can def understand wanting a chance for a vaginal delivery too! I hope it works out the way you want :)

Jenna, I had the same concerns because Ive been throwing up constantly and the nausea makes it so I have zero appetite. If it makes you feel better I brought it up to my dr and she said as long as you stay hydrated baby will be fine, they dont really become dependent on you for nutrients until second tri. She basically said one of the reasons you feel nauseous is because baby sucks up every last vitamin/nutrient you have from wherever they can. Hope that makes you feel a bit better xx

Makes me feel a lot better hun xx this is the first time I got this far so everything terrifies me at the min xxxx

Threw up out the car today. First on that front. Ugh. Really hoping this goes away once were through the first tri.
I'm going for a vbac too J. Do they do gas and air in Canada? We don't have it hear and I wish we did. I think it's such a nice alternative to an epidural.

They probably do in the bigger centers but but place that I will be delivering you get nothing except morphine and another morphine derivative for pain because they don't even do epidurals.

Wow. What was your first delivery like? Do they give you morphine for a c section too?

No. They do spinals for c-sections. My labour was intense because I was induced and they didn't know that my son had his head stuck sideways in my birth canal, making it virtually impossible to push without hurting him or myself. So I was in bad back labour and then my uterus tried to contract and got stuck like that. I made it 7.5 hours of one constant contraction before finally taking the drugs. In total I was in labour 37 hours before my c-section and I had only dilated from a 2 to a 4.5. The doctor thought that the cord had prolapsed and he took an ultrasound and that's how they found out my son was sideways. They didn't think it was as bad as it was though. My doctor actually apologized to me when he was operating for letting it go on that long without helping me.

Sorry to hear about your first labor experience, J, but glad you had a healthy and happy bundle at the end of it!

Also, glad to see some other morning sickness sufferers speaking up. The last couple of weeks have been a real drag, especially with work, but just the last few days I've felt a lot better. Really hoping that's not a bad thing, but that my body is just adjusting to all the wacky hormonal changes. Haven't had any other warning signs or anything.

Hoping to hear baby's heartbeat again at my next appointment, but that won't be until the end of the month. Just have to hope everything's okay in there until then.

Oh that's just terrible J. I'm so sorry.
I had trouble dialating too. I was in labor 36 hours before they manually broke my waters and they came out black. I never got past a three on my own. They got me from a three to an eight after giving me extreme amounts of pitocin over the next 16 hours, then I spiked a fever and my contractions slowed down too much do they gave me a c section.
I'm just nervous that there's something off with me that I didn't dialate. My mom didn't dialate with me either and just opted for a second c section w my brother. I'd really love a vbac, for many reasons but especially because I'd like another kid or two after this one.
I'm also reading that mega vback thread in the labor area and it seems like the trick is going with as little monitoring and meds as possible, which also scares me. DH doesnt think I can do it without an epi.

My doctor said that my not dilating was more than likely because of how Holden had his head shoved in my pelvis and he said that that's not likely to happen with a second baby. He basically thinks that my body was trying to warn us that it was dangerous to proceed with labour so he has high hopes that this time I will be fine. I just don't want to have to get a c-section every time, so much scar tissue. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->