Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Sadly if you already have little ones you will probably find your household sick often this pregnancy because little ones have lower immune systems and pregnant ladies have horrible immune systems so that our bodies don't attack the baby. I think best course of action would be to ask your doctor about the safety of taking garlic pills and a vitamin c supplement and start that as soon as you can.

I'm so tired and just feeling off today. I've been queasy pretty much all day and the only thing I've wanted to eat was grill cheese and Cheeto puffs neither of which we had in the house obviously haha. I'm hoping I'm just feeling off because I had an absolutely horrible sleep last night and not because I'm catching some kind of bug.

Hi all - I had my early Scan this Morning, Waiting was over 1hour - But all Ok :) Fetal pole, Yolk Sac and Heart Beating away - They have put me Back 4 days to 6 weeks, But can change on the 12week Scan x

Congrats Laura! So nice to hear good news.
So dd is on day 12 of bronchilitis and ear infection. I'm on day 11. Should be over by day 14 and last night Dh starts getting symptoms. Think I'll catch it back from him? Are our immune systems that bad?

Sorry to hear that everyone is sick! I had a cold I couldn't shake for the first couple of weeks after my BFP, but thankfully since then only everyone else around me has been sick (I may have given it to them...:shrug:).

Although our immune systems are pretty suppressed at the moment, which is why we are so slow to get over things, I don't think there's too much worry about re-catching the exact same thing (unless it has already mutated by the time it gets back around to you). At least as I understand it, our immune systems are doing a very slow, lazy job of building resistance to and fighting off illness, but it is still doing it's thing somewhat. So the usual antibodies should be there by the time you actually fight off the yucky thing. Anyone else know more about that?

From what I understand it's like our immune systems are working at 3/4 capacity and super slo mo haha. I have had a stuffy nose since shortly after my BFP but I'm pretty sure it's just because it's so dry and I think I might have allergies. I have to make sure to ask my doctor at my appointment on the 15th if I can have another ultrasound before the 20 week one. If not I at least girl sure want one after the 20 week one.

My doctor said clairitin is safe during pregnancy but I'm not sure which version. I've been taking plain sudafed to help with my popping ears and congestion and it has helped somewhat.
Can you pay for a private scan if you only get one? I would not be able to handle only one. I got two last time around, paid for one private and got three free from a research study I participated in. It was the greatest thing ever.

I cannot imagine only having one ultrasound during my entire pregnancy!

I've had 2 since I've had some unexpected trips to the Dr, and a planned one next week at my second scheduled prenatal appointment. Then 12 weeks for the NT scan and then for gender later on, but not sure how that one works - if dr does it or sends me out? I'd really like to do a 3D/4D one in my 3rd trimester. There are some places here that have really great rates since insurance doesn't cover those here. Even though it sounds like a really quick appointment, it seems to be a nice memory!

I was wondering the same thing Sass :shrug: With my other two pregnancies (in 2001 and 2004/05) I had only one scan and it was around 20 weeks. The 3D/4D scans weren't available then. That's something I'm going to ask at my first 8 week appointment. I want to know if I can have additional scans and if they include a dimensional scan with the usual 20 week one.

You get two if your pregnancy is considered low risk, the dating scan and the 20 week one. All of our ultrasounds are done at the hospital and the only way I can get a private one is to pay for a 3D scan and we just don't have 150 or more dollars lying around to spend on that. I think if I ask I'll be allowed atleast one more especially later on because of what happened with my son. But I just won't know for sure until my doctors appointment.

With dd we always had to be sent out but recently our doctors got some regular us equipment in their office so their much more apt to just do one if any things amiss. I have heard from a few local friends that their doctors machines literally have a button you can press that switches the whole thing to 3d so they can get a 3d every time.
I went with a friend in October for a private she scheduled at 10 weeks for $89, and they flipped it to 3d (which I always heard was ill advised til later on because it would look so weird) and it didn't look weird at all! You could see his head and limbs and the beginnings of facial features. It was so cool.

Oh I soooo hope I can see my baby in 3D! I'm so anxious! More so for my partner as this will be his very first of everything, he's never experienced any of this whatsoever :happydance: I have a feeling I am gonna be so emotional just watching him react with certain things such as hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It kind of makes me teary eyed right now just thinking about it :dohh:

DH cried at the first us, the sex and at the 3d. I think I cried at the first. The other two put me into shock I think. The 3d was the coolest though. It looks exactly like her. And she was pouting and touching her face and DH was like, "she's already got me wrapped around her finger." I should go find the picture. It was crazy.

They let us listen to the heartbeat during the scan and it was the best thing ever. I never got that with Holden so I didn't hear his heartbeat until like 15 weeks.

Hey ladies....hope all is well. Sorry im a little quiet....cant get on much. Suffering with Hyperemesis and in an out hospital :-( baby hates me already lol xx

Good morning everyone! I asked if we would get a scan at the 12 week apt and the tech said not typically unless the dr thinks something isn't right when she does the exam. Which is what happened to us last time. I go for my nurse apt around 8 weeks and I really want to ask for a scan then just to make sure all is still well, but I don't know if I will or not.

I had a lot of cramping throughout the entire day yesterday, had me a little worried. It wasn't anything intense, just dull, but still there off/on all day. The good news is that I am still having a queasy feeling off and on throughout the day. It's like I am hungry, but at the same time feel like if I eat I will get sick. I count this as a good sign that the baby is happy in there and working on growing:thumbup:

Nori I also has quite a bit of cramping for a couple days earlier in the week, as well as diarrhea :sick: The pain was so intense at times I was bent over grabbing my abdomen. Must have been gas pain :shrug: I was pretty worried but there wasn't any spotting at all and it has since subsided thank goodness! It's so hard not to worry!

I had so many ultra sounds from my first pregnancy I had to buy a photo album to hold them all. But I'm super high risk and they wanted to keep a close eye on me and my little man. After 30 weeks I had one ultra sound a week and was on non stress tests twice a week. All they had to do to get the 3d was flip a switch. It was really neat seeing them in 3d :). Now I'm getting excited for my first Ob visit Monday. I get to see my peanut.:happydance::happydance:

I ate two brownies and a cheese stick as a snack yesterday. Ultra bad move. I felt queasy all afternoon then after dinner got such insane stomache pains that I was breathing through them like labor pains and had a terrible episode on the toilet. Then I worried myself all night that I did some damage to LO as I'd obviously done some damage to myself. I think I'm just going to worry about everything til I get my Doppler back on Tuesday and can find the hb at home.

Just wanted to chime in to say that cramps are pretty normal, even stronger ones, as long as there is no spotting. I'm hoping when I go to the doctor on the 15th he will at least try to find a heart beat since I will be almost 9 weeks and that would put my mind at ease. I doubt I will get another ultrasound before 20 weeks and that's okay but I would really like to hear the heartbeat again. I'm hoping I get to order my Doppler soon since I promised hubby we would wait until we were sure everything was alright since it's fairly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->