Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Hi guys! Hope everyone is feeling well and your beans are growing nice and healthy!

I wanted to give an update on my weird discharge situation from last week...My blood test from Friday came back. They tested HcG, not progesterone like they said :shrug:, but my numbers were 79,400 and I was 7 1/2 - 8 weeks on the day of the draw. Nurse said they are very good numbers, but Dr wants me to go for a detailed ultrasound prior to my scheduled appointment on Friday. I asked why if everything seemed okay and she said its because I had some spotting (it wasn't, it was a vaginal discharge) and due to my prior mc. And this way they can measure heartbeat, size, etc.

Is there any reason they may actually be concerned, not just wanting more information? She said they want to make sure things continue to go well. I guess I'm just reading into it, but they never mentioned possibly sending me out for an ultrasound so I guess I'm confused why they decided to all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, I've been very tired. Nausea not so bad today, boobs more sore last night than they have been recently. And I finally went to the bathroom after I think 3 days so that feels pretty fantastic :haha:.

Congrats on your doodoo wonders! :rofl: Seriously though, I can relate and know how much of a relief that must be :laugh2:

Hey, I finally found this thread! Is it too late to join :flower: I was a part of the August rainbows thread but I think Im the only one of the only ones left there :cry: Kind of depressing :(

Welcome Macy!!

My appointment went great! I was only 1 day off on my due date, which is not bad considering I wasn't temping or using opks the month I conceived ;) I'm due one day earlier at August 17th. Heartbeat was 178 which was great. Here's a couple pics of my little squishy peanut.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
Lovely scan pics Smiley!

Well I have good news and bad news! Bad news is I spent the majority of yesterday in the ER. Hadnt eaten in days and was vomiting bile (ewwwww). They gave me about 3L of fluid and the ER doc said I needed to be admitted. At about 2am my midwife breezed in and saved me! She said they could manage me outpatient. She mentioned a zofran pump & picc line, I have an appt today so I will find out more then. I sooo hope they can help me bc Im on the max dose of oral zofran and it doesnt feel like it is doing anything...

The very very very good news! I had a sono at the ER and baby is doing awesome! Measuring a lil over 6wks, which according to my period I should be 7+2 but the doctor said not to worry, a discrepancy is normal when everything is so small. The sono tech said the hb was awesome for how early I am! Oh, and going by my sono my edd is Sept 6th. This is a very special day to me because it is my mother's birthday. I lost my mom 2 yrs ago and then shortly after miscarried my first pregnancy. So I really feel like I have a guardian angel looking out for me and baby :)

Hope you dont mind but I will stick around in the August thread as my midwife said to still go by my last period dating wise. She said my next sono may be more accurate when everything isnt teensy tiny.

Well thanks for listening! Hope everyone is doing well.

Good news Smiley!

Macy! I may have been on that thread...I know I was on one of the rainbow threads, but its not too active. That really sucks about the hospital, but it sounds like your little bean is doing well and so good your dr let you go home! I thought that is so sweet that your due date may be your mom's birthday...I love all that sentimental stuff and totally believe I have some guardian angels watching over me too! That was so a sign that she was with you that day!

Hi ladies! I am glad to hear everyone's little beans are doing well ;) Today was exciting for me as I managed to go to the bathroom...day 3 without going...so that was a bonus!! the nausea is still around-it seems to get worse as the day goes on. The afternoon and evening seem the worst! I haven't thrown up yet (hoping I don't), but trusting all is well in there since I still feel yucky. I can't say I have trouble eating, just eat small amounts throughout the day. The bad thing is that nothing really sounds good when it comes to meals. But if I make myself snack or drink some water, the queasy feeling subsides for a little while (kinda).

Take care everyone and have a great week!!!!!:hugs:

Congrats all around to everyone. Sounds like such a positive day.
Re: the poops: I've been taking a colace before bed and it's been smooth sailing every day. Does make the days so much better.

Congrats all around to everyone. Sounds like such a positive day.
Re: the poops: I've been taking a colace before bed and it's been smooth sailing every day. Does make the days so much better.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well (or as well as can be expected with nausea, fatigue, constipation, sore bbs, etc :happydance:)! AFM, nausea has gotten SOO much better the past few days. Still taking just a fourth of a zofran in the morning to make sure I get through the days, but I can eat and I don't have to spend all evening hiding out in bed and crying because I feel so yucky, yay! Still super sleepy all the time, especially during work of course :sleep:, but my appetite is back somewhat and a wider variety of foods is starting to sound appealing (including, thankfully, some fruits and veggies at last). I don't know if this is just a temporary reprieve from the morning sickness or if I just had the condensed version, but I am trying to enjoy it and hoping little bean is still doing well in there.

Constipation, on the other hand, has been getting worse and worse :dohh: Finally had a crisis on Sunday when I hadn't gone in 5 days and made DH run out for some Colace (thanks for the tip, Sass!). It was a very unenjoyable experience, but I was finally able to go (and embarrassingly clogged one of the toilets in the process :blush:, so DH's next trip out was for a better plunger). Oh, the indignities. I am hoping now that I feel better and can move around a bit and eat more variety it will improve things, but I'm also thinking of taking a Colace every 2-3 days just to keep everything moving in there.

Still over 2 weeks until my next appointment. Not sure what to do in the meantime, besides try to stay calm and enjoy feeling better for the moment. Hope everyone else is feeling in good spirits today!

Oh, and just now that the nausea has started to clear up I've noticed a new symptom: even when I'm hungry I feel full quickly and can't eat that much at a time. I thought that wasn't supposed to start until later? Anyone else noticed that happening yet? It could just be from my couple of weeks of minimal eating.

Oh, and just now that the nausea has started to clear up I've noticed a new symptom: even when I'm hungry I feel full quickly and can't eat that much at a time. I thought that wasn't supposed to start until later? Anyone else noticed that happening yet? It could just be from my couple of weeks of minimal eating.

I'm noticing this a little bit, but seems to happen mostly at dinner :shrug: I have heard it can happen early.

Macy, hoping your feeling better soon! Keep us updated. I wanted to share with you by my period I should have been 10 weeks, but peanut was measure 9 weeks. I have long cycles, so that was expected.

That happens to me at dinner too but I'm still feeling sick with it so it's a somewhat full/somewhat just too grossed out to eat.
Also, a while ago someone was asking for an announcement that DH didnt have to be a part of (sorry I forget who) and I found this one I think is a riot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2
So cute Sass. I also like the signs on the dog that say "Baby **last name** Guard Dog, Reporting to Duty ***insert due date here***!

Constipation, on the other hand, has been getting worse and worse :dohh: Finally had a crisis on Sunday when I hadn't gone in 5 days and made DH run out for some Colace (thanks for the tip, Sass!). It was a very unenjoyable experience, but I was finally able to go (and embarrassingly clogged one of the toilets in the process :blush:, so DH's next trip out was for a better plunger). Oh, the indignities. I am hoping now that I feel better and can move around a bit and eat more variety it will improve things, but I'm also thinking of taking a Colace every 2-3 days just to keep everything moving in there.

That's awesome! :rofl: I'm sorry I always love a good doodoo success story. I was suffering not too long ago with an overactive digestive system, if you will, and most recently have moments where I won't go for days (or maybe it seems that way compared to the prior constant explosive diarrhea :sick:) and it's just great to finally get it out! :happydance:

Thanks Smiley

Sass that announcement is adorable.

How are you all having poo success? I havent gone in about 10 days :( I stopped the zofran and switched to another med so hopefully that helps...Im already take Colace with no luck.

10 days?!?! OMG, Macy, I am so sorry. I'm not taking anything special, trying to drink more water and I'm eating more fruits. I'm averaging 2-3 days - my norm was everyday. Maybe the Zofran can cause constipation as a side effect? Plus, have you been eating? Only so much can come out if you're not putting much in.

How are you all having poo success? I havent gone in about 10 days :( I stopped the zofran and switched to another med so hopefully that helps...Im already take Colace with no luck.

I definitely think the zofran is contributing, but I am still taking it in small doses because it seems to work so well. As I said, I did take the Colace but also I downed a TON of water (I think digestion generally and also the stool softeners work better the more hydrated you are) and also ate some of my magic cure - dried apricots. They tend to have an intense laxative effect on me.

Finally, my special solution is gravity. I've had constipation issues on and off most of my life, and I read a few years ago that one reason the Western world has a lot of constipation issues (aside from diet) is how we sit on the potty. Evidently it's much more easy/natural for the bowel to empty itself from a squatting position.

Now I don't do anything wild like squat over a hole in the floor, but when I'm having issue I do try to get a little extra leverage by elevating my legs a foot or two. My personal preference is to sit normally on the toilet but with me feet up on a small trash can or step stool, imitating more of a squat position. With the step stool, you can also rest your weight somewhat on it to reduce the concentration of pushing force in your bottom and abdomen (sorry, TMI), but usually I don't have one of those on hand.

The extra leverage and help of gravity really can make a big difference (and reduce some of the strain). Of course, even that doesn't make it pleasant to go when I've been really backed up, but it at least gives me that little extra assistance.

Hope you're able to find some relief, Macy! I know it can be really uncomfortable.

Thanks ladies. I haven't been eating or drinking much, but I know I should have gone at least something by now :( I appreciate the advice. I was on the highest dose of zofran they could prescribe but it wasn't working anyway so I'm gladto be done with it...

Had the lovely experience of projectile vomiting bile thru my mouth AND nose today. Ugh. Sorry for tmi, but I had to whine to someone. I think the constipation is contributing to the nausea.

Macy, that sounds horrible! I really hope you feel better soon!

AFM, my ultrasound went great. Baby is measuring pretty much on track for my dates at 8-8 1/2 weeks and the heart rate was 183. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->