grr.. i hate presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
this year i approached all of Colins family (the adults) and asked if it was ok if we just did silly presents for eachother this year, no more than £10 spent on each of us and we would do the same for them. we have NO money. our kids havent had a lot spent on them. me and colin are only buying stocking fillers for eachother, and my side of the family arent exchanging presents at all.

but.. grr.. i got a text from colins brother to tell us to keep the 3rd jan free coz they have organised 'something' for us to enjoy as a family... the text made it seem very expensive and important (cant remember the exact wording) so i texted back and said ok.

then i hear from other family members that they are jealous of our present.. lots of 'oh i wish it was for me' and 'youre gonna have a lovely day!'

so to cut a long story short, they spent lots of money on us for christmas. and i havent got the money to spend on them.

i know its not about money, its the thought that counts blah blah blah.

but what a way to make me feel like shit on christmas day when i hand over their discounted dvd box set to share between them and they hand over this huge, special, day out somewhere.

dreading christmas now.

Awwww hun, I dont know what to say so I will just give you some :hugs:

My dad's family does not buy gifts at all for each other. Each family buys a gift for the grandparents and the grandparents (who've retired and sold their house and have all the money from it as their mortgage was paid off..) give us money to pick out our own gifts.

My mother's family used to do a Secret Santa type thing and we'd buy for the kids when it was just the 3 of us. Now that there are 7 grandkids however, we don't do Secret Santa even, we just buy gifts for the grandparents, and they usually buy us something small (and lame, lol).

aw hun. u never know. the thing they hav organised for your family may not even include money. u never know to you get it :) and anyway, even if it does.. just enjoy it. Im sure they are not doing it to make u feel guilty for spending less on them. Its def the thought that counts and it seems they have thought of you and ur family when choosing/organising this day for you all so dont feel down about it babe xxx

Maybe they have a lil extra cash and want to treat you guys?

Its not nice that they have let you know something big is in the air but maybe its something nice and not exspensive?

Your a foot journey from town the closer to the day you'll get some little bargains even in boots if you had a few extra quid bet you coudl do a little bumper on their gifts even 3 for 2 on Boots but in th past a day or 2 bebfore Christmas Boots have got their sets half price an all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back