*Gulp* Is this really really bad???

hey just wanted to let you know im also rh neg . i just had to get 2 shots during pg and all my kids came out ok

My boss had RH neg and her husband pos, and one of her babies was fine (a little jaundiced) while the other needed a very simple, easy blood transfusion when she was born and now you would never know - both as healthy as horses!

:)
A

Thanks, Ladies. :hugs:

I agree w/u, mmoon1, about the internet. But ironically enough, it wasn't the internet that scared me. That's not where I heard about this. I knew about it from when I was a kid (everything bio related has always stuck w/me). And I know how the body works pretty well (have biology degree and taught bio, incl anatomy & phys). Thus, when I asked OH last night what is blood type was and he told me AB+, all my bio knowledge came rushing in and I freaked (visions of mean mommy antibodies rallying to attack poor little baby)! I didn't know treatment had advanced so far since I last remembered learning it was potentially dangerous. :dohh:

Thankfully, all you wonderful ladies at BnB have proven that it's just fine. :) It's wonderful to hear and see (lilmomof3 soon to be 4!!) about beautiful kids and everything being cool with treatment. :hug:

My mum was - and i'm pos like my dad. I was 2 months prem and nearly died but i was left with no damage. I'm not looking to scare you at all. They didn't know as much about it then but now they can deal with it as needed.

I'm sure you would be fine. It's a lot more common than some people think and they're very good at monitoring you to make sure everything is as it should be x

I'm O rh- and when I was pg with my daughter 16 years ago, I had the anti D jabs thru out my pregnancy and after she was born. I was fine, and my daughter was fine.. in fact she was nearly 2 weeks late and weighed nearly 8lbs so the anti D jabs didnt affect her in the slightest. She was slightly jaundiced but the docs said it was common in overdue babies.
I really wouldnt worry about the whole rh neg thing, Rhesus disease is very rare these days. :)

i've heard of this and there is something for you to take i belivee when you find out your pregant, talk to you doctor about it.

How do u know wat ur blood type is? I dont know mine n my OH doesnt know his.
xxx

How do u know wat ur blood type is? I dont know mine n my OH doesnt know his.
xxx

I had to get typed when I was in college and went into the peace corps. My OH got typed once when he gave blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->