GypsyDancer's wedding journal! :D

I love it too :D
Just got our venue website back, I emailed them over 2 weeks ago asking if it was ready yet and they said it would be sent to me within the next day or two, so i still hadnt heard anything back today so emailed them..they sent it to OH's email address and apparantly he doesnt check his emails :dohh:

Booking the new cadillac has just reminded me why i wanted a cadillac in the first place. OH and i love the 1950's, pin up girls, tattoos, our living room has pictures of Dita Von Teese on the walls, we like burlesque and rockabilly style, although were both pretty toned down now, my oh is covered in tattoos though..i feel like our wedding theme isnt really showing us as a couple but more what a normal wedding would be..Im getting sucked into the what a wedding should be and forgetting who we are..

I really need to rethink everything ive planned so far and i have no idea where to go from here :dohh:

Hi girls :hi:
I have been MIA for a while!
Its been both my little boys birthdays plus my OHs birthday so ive been putting wedding planning to the back of my mind for a while..

However a few weeks ago my oh and i took a trip down to London to go to The Great Frog which sells and makes rings for the likes of Motley Crue, Kat von D, Marilyn Manson, The Rolling Stones ect..

We ended up ordering the same rings as eachother, although OH went for silver and i went for gold..my ring turned up on Thursday and i loveee it..i know its not to everyone's taste but everyone we've showed them to have said "its very us"

This is my ring, i think im going to have diamonds added to the eyes before the wedding.
20131010_114637.jpg

20131010_114614.jpg

20131010_114625.jpg

Ive also been trying to sort out our invitations as i want to get them sent around christmas time to give people enough time to reply and make their plans after christmas..
I designed and painted a picture for the front and created my own invites on paint and word using different fonts but im not really happy with it all now so think im going to scrap it all..although i may still use the picture i painted :shrug:
inviteartwork2a.jpg

I like the picture! I also like your ring but you're right it's very different, I love that you have chosen special to you though - a lot of people would go for something generic because of what others will think! My invites are just going out now, most have gone but oh my god it's so nerve wracking haha! Xx

Now that Christmas is out the way wedding planning is full steam ahead! Im starting to panic at how close its getting!

Weve sent all but 2 invites out now, still need to send out our evening ones.

The invites took forever! I printed off each one individually, put them together, distressed them and colored the insides of them, by the end i was just so sick of them!

So glad to have them out the way now, but very rewarding knowing they were so personal as i drew and painted the picture, designed it all and made them all by hand so its like i was giving away little peices of art to everybody.

Attachments

• 20131027_000451.jpg
    20131027_000451.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20131027_000511.jpg
    20131027_000511.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20131027_000438.jpg
    20131027_000438.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 9
My plan was to have sweetie trees as centre pieces. I wanted something a little more in your face than the normal sweetie trees in metal buckets so i came up with the idea of making them in plant pots with lots of flowers. (artificial flowers)
I made one up and was originally really pleased with it, but now im worried that they look a little grannyish..
The plan was to have them in the centre of the table, with the pink heart paper lace doilies i bought, and then the candle tea cups i made darted around too..

I just don't know now..I have so many things i like that im finding it difficult to channel in one direction :wacko:

This was the first one i made, ive now taken off the pearls and moved some of the flowers as i wasn't completely happy with it..im still not completely sure..maybe i should keep it more simple?

Opinions?

Attachments

• 20131119_205259.jpg
    20131119_205259.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20131119_205135.jpg
    20131119_205135.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20131119_204947.jpg
    20131119_204947.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20131118_181758.jpg
    20131118_181758.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
I love them! They're quite out there but I honestly love them. Your invites turned out amazingly too! Xx

Im starting to get wedding nerves now i know its creeping up on me. I am so worried and panicky about how im going to look and feel, I know its so silly and shallow but i have such low self esteem since having children. I started on a diet, which i was doing great at, excercising loads, then i stopped taking my anxiety tablets (im back on them) but i just cant get back into the swing of things..instead ive been binging on sweets, chocolate galore! Im so angry with myself! I tell myself every night tomorrow will be different but it isnt :dohh:
I picked my dress up last week, and took it to my old dressmaking teacher to see if she could or knew anyone who would change the neckline of my dress and alter it and basically it sounded hopeless, because the dress has lots of hand sewn beading its very complicated to even fit it, and she suggested i keep it just how it is, but i dont want to wear it that way :(
I love how it makes my hips and waist look but the other parts i hate!
Ah im just feeling down, i never wear makeup anymore, or do my hair, or wear nice clothes and i feel like everything is gearing up to me looking amazing for this one day and im putting so much pressure on myself that im not going to live up to my expectations :/

On the plus side, i have bought my bridesmaids gift, mil's gift, our little boys suits, lots of pom poms, striped paper straws and sweetie bags :happydance:

Awwh :hugs: everything seems so awful when you're feeling crap. Its not the best way to diet but for me its easier toi have cereal for breakfast/lunch (with skimmed milk) and then a proper meal in the evening. Then I don't feel like I'm missing out. Just try again each day if you don't do it the day before :) Hopefully when your anxiety pills kick in again you will feel much better. You will look amazing on your day! I don't have any suggestions about your dress though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->