Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

No special diet have u tried a special diet?
I have my 2 you see boys 14 months and 3.5 months and my 13 year old and 7 year old I share custody with my ex

I didn't try anything to conceive this baby. Didn't even know about the swaying and diet. This baby is planned but we weren't actively ttc since we only dtd once and got pregnant. So I guess I shouldn't complain about gender.

We started last month but we are relaxed about ttc since I had 2 separate births in the same year 2013

I have I think 9/10 days ti af I guess we will see

Did you get pregnant straight away In 2013? It must be hard without a break. I think I need at least a 6 month break before having another one.

I'm currently putting together my sway plan but still so much to learn. This is my last shot after 4 boys (didn't sway with them)

What's sway?
Ya I think I got pregnant my first real period which I didn't think was possible

Changing diet and things like that. It can 'sway' the odds in your favour.

I think the whole thing about changing what u eat must be a hoax because technically it's the sperm that decides not ur diet

Its to do with the environment you make for the sperm to survive in. Different genders are slightly different shaped and can move through different cervical mucus easier, and do better in different PH of mucus. Also its noted that in certain times there are higher numbers of certain genders born, like girl babies would naturally stronger than boys and have a better chance of survival, so you tick your body into thinking times are hard and food is scarce to produce a girl (low everything diet and 60 minutes cardio a day) or you make it think times are good and boy babies would do well now (high everything diet and moderate exercise)
Thats just the tip of the ice burg, all the info is overwhelming at times.
And of course it isn't one 100% because it is ultimately down to which ever sperm gets there first. But you can help even out your odds. Of course if you just keep going on and on having babies you will eventually get the opposite. Or you could get lucky and get it next time because the odds are in our favour with out doing anything.
Who knows perhaps it is just that persons time to get that gender. I'm pretty sure I'll get a boy no matter what I do, but I'm not taking any chances either, so if I can improve the chance of a girl even slightly, at this point with it being my last shot, then I'm going to give it a go.

If after having 4 boys and I still get another boy wow I'll be damed hopefully it's a girl

Hi ladies it's another boy for us. Gotta admit I was a bit disappointed but dh seems to be thrilled at the idea of having 2 boys close in age to be playmates. When I saw the nurse afterwards and she asked me what I was having she even heard the disappointment in my voice.

I don't know if my husband is actually happy or if he was acting that way to comfort me but next time I'm definitely looking into the sway plan and not taking any chances.

Im so sorry but im so happy i do have 2 boys close in age 11 months apart gl for next time :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get your desired gender, but I hope all was otherwise well. It is lovely having 2 the same, close together as playmates.

In my 'due in' group with ds4 there was a Mum expecting her 7th boy. SEVEN! And I made quite good friends with one expecting her 5th boy on here, there is only a couple of weeks between our babies. And another with 7 girls, finally expecting her boy. While a friend of mine had 3 girls then got her boy.

Ill be happy if my next is a boy but I'd really like to have a girl and have that mother daughter relationship I didn't get to have with my mom

Gosh I feel so terrible. I keep telling myself that I am happy but deep down I dont understand why ever since finding out its a boy, I havent been bonding and kinda feel depressed. I know its only my second and I shouldnt be feeling this way but I cant help it. Makes me feel so bad for the baby.

After all we've been through, I should be glad that baby is healthy and developing properly and I wish I could be excited like I was with my son.

I hope I can get around this.

Were you ladies upset when your second was a boy or you didnt mind?

I think it's natural to feel disappointed. You just found out too, give yourself time. It does get better. I have 4 boys and I do understand how you feel. With my second pregnancy I had twins and since my first was a boy I was really hoping for a girl. I was sad also when we found out our 4th was a boy. My youngest is 7 now and I got over it years ago. But now I'm pregnant again and my hopes are up again. I know I'll be upset if it's another boy but I also know I'll get over it. Try to stay positive. It might help to buy your baby a new outfit. Try to make yourself excited and it will happen.

You need to give yourself time. And also try to separate the feelings. Your sad for the girl you are not getting rather than the boy you are. It does help to start buying and planning and looking at all the positives rather than dwelling in the negatives. But even so you will have good and bad days. You'll love this little man, you will bond, you just have to let it happen. There will be a time when you look at him and hold him in your arms and think "yes, you are who I was meant to have"
I know number 4 was who I was supposed to have in my life, and that he brings a new dynamic to our family with out even doing anything, just being him. I still long for that girl, which is why I'm still here, but I wouldn't change him now. I just pray that next time I'm meant to get a girl.

problem is I am feeling so guilty and blaming myself for feeling this way. After revealing my gender, everyone including my husband and family pointed out that there shouldnt be a reason for me to be disappointed because this is only our second baby and we plan to have more anyways. I just feel like I shouldnt be feeling this way yet I am. I am just having conflicting thoughts. Right before the scan, I couldnt decide what I wanted. I wanted a girl for a new experience but I started freaking out thinking "actually, I want a boy after all so he can be best friends with Zachary". So I persuaded myself that the gender didnt matter after all. I am guessing if this turned out to be a girl I would still feel the same like I didnt get my boy. I hope you know what I mean.

As far a the buying things go, Zachary has sooo much stuff that I dont think I will be buying that much since it will be a waste of money buying him all new things again when Zachary only got to wear most of his outfits once or twice. I am planning on buying him 1 or 2 newborn outfits to come home from the hospital. I guess its just not exciting because he's going to be using most of his brother's stuff and I wont get the shopping experience. Maybe the accessories that Zachary lost such as socks, mittens...but thats about it.

Zachary is so sweet and so much fun that I keep telling myself once this baby comes its going to double the fun. I guess I am just being a snob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->