Had 12 week scan today, guessing a boy based on nub theory

I wish there was some magic wirds to get us through times like this. But know that everything you are feeling is normal. No matter which number child you are on if you hoped for one gender and got the other it takes time to adjust.
I passed everything down and when in your position, I felt like I wouldn't get the fun part of shopping and that there was no point buying too many things as the others had had enough. But now I find myself packing away clothes that they have all worn and feeling sad that if I get a girl she won't ever wear them and some are STILL in fab condition! I made sure each of them had their own blanket, teddy, and few bits of clothes at each age that were new and just theirs. But it's also a special moment telling your son "you once wore that, you really were that small"
Honestly I can't say whether it ever goes away, but it does, for the most part, get easier.
There are times when it is overwhelming and all consuming, and times when it's a little niggle at the back of my head and I feel happy with my life and what the future may hold.

Up until my last boy which was my 4th boy but I now would like my girl but I'm preparing myself it might be another boy which I will be okay but ask me that a month ago and it would have brought me to tears and everyone I know at least 6 are all having girls it seems I'm the only one having boys

I really hope we could all be in the same birth group but I won't be ttcing again until this one is at least 6 months so earliest is feb 2015. You will probably all have your babies by then.

Hopefully I should be either getting af 7-8 days from now or I'm pregnant let's see what happens :)

Fingers crossed for you Kaiecee! Keep us updated!

So yesterday I was looking at baby clothes hoping to get more excited about Kaden but didnt end up buying anything. It seems like I already got all the cute stuff for Zachary. I just dont know if I should keep looking to buy something just for him or if I should just put him in what Zachary already has. I dont have much newborn stuff though but tons of 0-3 months. So if he ends up in nb clothing to come home with, its not going to be anything fancy. I think its reasonable to get him something to call his own though, so I will start looking some more. My mom was against it and said I should just use Zachary's clothes.

I had so much from riley a StuffIt but i still brought Stuff for Jacob u dont hâve to listen to Anuine if u want u but whatever u want for ur lutte boy :)

Yea he definitely needs a swing since I sold Zachary's swing to save space, not knowing I would be pregnant again so soon.

I saw this adorable swing at the store that I loved unfortunately it's for a girl. You see these are the times I feel bad for not having a girl.

I needed to replace the Moses basket with ds4 as I leant my other to my ex-SIL and she never returned it. All the boy ones were so plain and the girl ones so pretty.
But I do have to say that if I was the other way and all girls my GD would be so much worse as I'm very much a boy person. It took a 4th baby to make me really actually want a girl.

Yea all the boys stuff are mostly plain looking. I found it so difficult to even choose 1 outfit for baby whereas I could easily by everything in the girl's section. On a side note, do you think its a little weird to buy a swing thats meant for a girl? I mean the price is unbeatable but I dont want people to come over and be like "why does he have a girl's swing".

I remember being so enthusiastic first time pregnant. Couldnt keep my hands off of Zacharys clothes and always sorting them out and choosing his going home outfit. I know I should be sorting through his clothes for Kaden to see what I absolutely need to buy but I just dont have the energy and keep putting it off. I should at least sort through his nb and 0-3 months clothing. DId you ladies have any babies that were born during the summer? How did you dress them? My mom said I should dress Kaden in those footed one piece outfit but I am thinking it would be too hot since it can go up to 90 degrees here in august.

You may find sorting through his clothes for the new baby helps. It will bring back all those tiny baby boy memories. It's worth remembering that when in the worst throws of gender disappointment we are usually pregnant with hormones making everything 10 times worse.
With the swing I guess some people may find it weird but if you said it was a bargain and don't agree with gender stereotyping I expect most would just shut up.
I'm not sure about the clothes. My babies are feb, march and 2 Octobers.
I'd provably have some of the footed ones, but also get some of the lighter short legged ones as well. But here we can still be hit and miss through the summer.

We got our swing today fortunately it's gender neutral. I have always wanted this swing even for ds1 but it was too expensive. Got this for a bargain.

Attachments

• $_3 (1).jpg
    $_3 (1).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
So nice happy u got a bargain when we went to buy ours we bought the cheap 69$ portable swing but when we got home we saw they ended up giving us the 2-in-1 that cost 250$

Did your family/friends get it for you? Its nice to receive gifts from families and friends once in awhile when you are expecting. My family dont really care much for gifts so we had to buy everything on our own from A-Z thats why we always had to look for bargains.

Lol I misread that so you bought a 69 dollar swing but the store ended up giving you a $250 dollar one. At first I thought you bought a 69 swing and came home to find someone buying you a 250 swing.

It kinda saddens me when I'm baby shopping and run across grand parents who are shopping for their grand kids. It's just so sweet. I wish my mom would do the same thing doesn't have to be anything spendy it's the gesture that counts. But ds got nothing so I'm not expecting for this one to get anything either.

My mom talks to my older boys with my ex but stopped talking to me 2.5 years and took my ex's side even though he was cheating on me and getting my kids to lie to me so she's never seen my youngest and we have my dhs parents but 2 weeks ago there was a big fight because his mom always goes thru my stuff even in my own house so she ended up starting a Bigfoot when we confronted her and she pushed me 2 times in from of my boys and said she was going to punch me so I'm done with her

Oh wow and I thought my family were crazy. I don't really have in laws to deal with since they are over seas. My mom has a habit of making a deal out of everything so we have to be very careful around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->