Had a british couple in at my work yesterday

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
I <3'd them!!! They were super nice and (of course) I loved their accents.

However, they totally thew me for a loop ha ha ha! I work in a kid's clothing store and they kept saying something about the smallest size, I for the life of me couldn't understand them. :blush: It wasn't until I checked the size of the other things they bought that it made sense.

They had bought 0-3 month clothing. They called it "naught to three", whereas over here we call it "zero to three".

I was curious, is that specific to a certain area or are all 0 sized clothing called "naught"? :blush: Sorry if that seems daft, it was genuinely interesting to me. :flower:

Haha I call it zero! Probably depends on your area...I'm common as muck!

Nought! As in 0! Is nought a uk term?? I didn't realise that!

Naught - 3 months here too. I don't know anyone who would call it zero-3 months, sounds odd. X

Haha I say naught too, didn't know it was a British thing! It's not just clothes, it's just a word we have for zero. Normally if I read a number like a phone number though I would say 'oh', do you say that over there it do you always use zero? As in James Bond is 007 'double oh seven'. Don't tell me you don't have James Bond!!!

I say zero.Naught seems really odd to come out my mouth lol! Could be a scottish thing. Or could be just AP :)

I'd say nought too.

I think we use it in that sense because we generally tend to use it when counting e.g on a scale of nought to 10 and so it's just more natural to us to say nought to three. That's why we'd still say size zero and not size nought (which sounds quite silly lol)

I say naught to three to, I didn't realise it was a British thing

Our language has so many rules and variations! I say naught to 3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->