Happy holidays

My DD didn't have much of a summer break; right after she got out of school she had summer phys ed and then band started.

My DD didn't have much of a summer break; right after she got out of school she had summer phys ed and then band started.

I would have loved to have had the option to do stuff in my summer hols from school as I used to get so bored

If it were up to me, the school break wouldn't be as long. DD spends the first quarter of each new year reviewing last year's material bc most of the kids have forgotten everything.

My state has finally gotten rid of the graduation test the kids need to get out of high school, so I am hoping that she actually gets taught now vs. being coached to pass a standardized test.

I love having the kids off school in the hols. They get back into a school routine pretty quickly after a tired and cranky start back at school. :haha:

I know me too ,love the lazy days and love having my kids with me 24/7,:hugs::hugs::hugs:Hope u are ok melly,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My kids usually go to a summer scheme for 2-3 weeks every year but it was over subscribed this year and they didn't get in ,but I have kept them busy and spent a fortune,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy holidays Despie. :hugs:

Thanks Wendy,hope things are working out for u lovely,ATM I am playing hide and seek with the kids ,I am hiding under the bed with my iPad lol,the kids are still looking for me and dh is watching football ,then we are going for a stroll then coming home to set a tent up in the garden of the bungalow we are staying in ,such a lovely day ,lots of love ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you are having a lovely holiday Despie, we are all missing you!

I remember the school summer holidays, here in Scotland we only had 3 tv channels and they didn't start showing the kids tv shows until the English schools went on holiday 4 weeks after us - we had to make our own entertainment then ha ha.

I remember the school summer holidays, here in Scotland we only had 3 tv channels and they didn't start showing the kids tv shows until the English schools went on holiday 4 weeks after us - we had to make our own entertainment then ha ha.

Wen I was a kid we had to play outdoors all day ,so we played rounders and jacks and kerbie and tied a rope on a lamppost and used it as a swing ,funny I remember only having bbc1 bbc2and itv,now we have like 300 channels :haha:Hows your fitness going?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wen I was a kid we had to play outdoors all day ,so we played rounders and jacks and kerbie and tied a rope on a lamppost and used it as a swing ,funny I remember only having bbc1 bbc2and itv,now we have like 300 channels :haha:Hows your fitness going?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes I remember those days, the Why Don't You Gang didn't even start up until 2 weeks before we went back to school :growlmad:

We had Swingball, and I was rubbish at rounders they used to call be butterfingers. Living in the country there was no icerink, or summer camp, or mall.

Did you ever play that game with the elastics, you know all the brightly coloured elastic bands ties together into a wee stretchy rope and you'd put them between 2 girls as a jump and gradually it would go up higher and higher? I was quite good at that one as I have quite long legs LOL.

Kids nowawadays hey Despie, they would not know how to entertain themselves with a packet of rubber bands :nope:

I went to the gym yesterday morning, and I'll be going again tomorrow after work - today I had a B&Q/homewares shopping day

Ladies, we are all about the same age here...am I the only one who had cable growing up? I'm 38, lol.

What about Atari and Nintendo 64 video games?

We have swingball,we brought it with us on hols ,I love to beat dh at it as he goes crazy ,it's also great exercise,dmom,

Well cd17 today and still no line on my opks ,it's so weird thou as wen I took the cup out this morning there was loads of cm sorry tmi :blush:So am letting dh have a lie in,it's only half seven here, and then I am gonna grab him( as wooly says )how's everyone,anyone gonna test soon ?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We had an Amiga, but my brother hogged it most of the time, and I'm not that great at video games anyway, my hand eye coordination is not the best!

Monopoly, Mousetrap, Operation, jigsaw puzzles -yeah the good old days ha ha.

I cant play video games either. I even have trouble with the wii. :haha:

While theres cm there grab him Tracey!! Just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->