Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by trying4#1, Aug 26, 2009.
has anyone suffered from bacterial vaginosis in their first tri?
no, but i did have it diagnosed at 19 weeks when i was admitted with a heavy PV bleed, i was randomly swabbed and put on oral tabs and given cream and pesseries, i had no idea i even had it no odd discharge or smells etc..
i did. not this pregnancy but my last one; i was given strong tablets to get rid.
I had it between weeks 5 - 10 I think (was spotting the whole 5 weeks)...didn't know I had it either but was bleeding so by week 8 I did a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant! by week 10 the bleeding stopped but the dr. wanted to swab me for any infections and by week 19 they sent me anti-biotics for BV!!
I did, I was given antibiotics, I have had this for years! So far so good tho, as it hasnt come back and the antibiotics I was given in first tri got rid of it first time which dosent normally happen for me but it did! x
thankyou so much girls - i am really glad i posted this in 3rd tri. i dont feel so alone now!...there was one thing about the medication though, were you taking 1 tablet 3 times a day for 5 days or 1 tablet 2 times a day for 7 days? the gyn at a and e gave me the 3 times a day approach but did not reasure me it was ok for baby, so i asked my chemist who knows i mc'ed at 22 weeks just a few mths ago and he checked out their product journals and recommended the 2 times a day approach. which were you given?
Mine has been asymptomatic for decades and I chose not to have it treated. Everything has been fine so far.
thank you pk baby. its so scary from what you read about the impact of bv on pgs. unfortunately, the smell has meant i need the treatment, im just a little worried about the dosage
I don't want to tell you not to get treated, especially if you are having symptoms, but I went to all the sites, and they talk about worse case scenario as though it is the most common occurence.
How far along are you?
My original doctor agreed that it was probably not worth treating. I changed doctors (I moved) and the new doctor wanted to treat me just three weeks ago. I declined, as I read that even after treatment the BV can come back in just a few weeks. I certainly did not want to have to undergo a second treatment.
(Especially, as there seems to be a lot evidence regarding the effects of the antibiotics on the baby.)
But then the doctor said not the way I treat it, meaning she prescribes high dosages.
I was well into my third tri, so I had to be firm.
But I think the major difference might be that this has always been part of my vaginal flora, with no symptoms.
It's a hard decision.