Having mixed emotions about this pregnancy

trinaestella

Aliyah's mummy! <3
Reaction score
One minute I am happy, and then the next I am not looking forward to it at all.
I don't know what to do, obviously I'm not ready to give up my lifestyle it's just hard, I'm scared how my life is going to change and I am not going have any me time. :cry:

My mum's really worried me now, she's told me that when the baby gets here it's going to be the hardest thing that I have ever done, and being a mum is the hardest job. Then she went into it, and mentioned how my sister had baby blues and never got any sleep:cry: And sleep is so important to me, I'm so scared right now. I know I am early, but it's still not really long to go if you think about it.. is anyone else scared?

I'm so scared!! I worry everyday. Yes I'm super excited to meet my little man- but I am so scared.. That I won't get enough time with him with having to do school, not loving him, and just regretting him. I get scared a lot, it's probably split 50/50 with excitment and worry, but I think that's normal.. Or I hope it is.. :wacko:

I hope it's normal too, because I feel selfish and mean for feeling this way, of course I am going to love it but it is a huge step for me. Especially when OH needs to make his mind up if he is going to stick with me or not. :cry:

OFC its normal. I think its more normal in teen pregnancies to feel this way because there's so many things we havent done. But look at your signiture, Trina! You've fallen in love already.

Yes its scary, and yes its going to be hard, and yes you wont get enough sleep. But you're going to be a mummy. You're going to love your LO more than you knew humanely possible. Everyone worries, you'll be fine. I promise.

But have you ever considered adoption? :flower:

I hope it's normal too, because I feel selfish and mean for feeling this way, of course I am going to love it but it is a huge step for me. Especially when OH needs to make his mind up if he is going to stick with me or not. :cry:

I feel super selfish too, I mean I know I love him so much already or else I wouldn't protect him like I do.. And if I didn't think it'd be worth it I'd have looked into adoption.. I guess I'm more scared of doing it without his dad :( it makes me really sad and I cry a lot because I wanted him to have the perfect dad that I never had..

I'm usually okay during the days. It's when I wake up at night and stumble to the bathroom that I think "omg, there is no way I can do this, what did I get myself into?"

...only right now, I can't even remember why I think that, just that I do.

Maybe I'm less freaked out because I'm a little older...it also probably helps that I'm still so in love with my ex that I'd go through anything to give him the baby he's wanted for a long time.

I'm sure it's completely normal. I'm still scared. I used to have doubts all the time and I used to have selfish thoughts and over time I've left those thoughts behind, now I worry that I'm not going to be a good mom and I'm not going to know what to do when he's crying, etc. I'm going to do my best because I love my son more than words could ever explain, and when I finally see him I'm sure I'm going to love him more than I knew was humanly possible as Sarah said :flow: I'm scared and nervous as hell but I wouldn't change this for anything in the world, I would never go back, I will never regret him. I can't wait to be a mom now and I'm just going to do the best I can. I am sure there are going to be overwhelming times, but I'm up for it! It's all worth it too me. For the first FEW months I wasn't confident at all and always had bad thoughts but things have gotten a lot better. Even though I'm confident, I still have my moments where I get scared as hell. Its normal!

Also, I wasn't so sure I was ready to give up my life style but over time I realized what and WHO was more important... Things are still new and scary for you, give it some time :hugs:

You'll be fine!!!
I used to sleep 24/7 before my LO was born and could barely function unless I got a good 10-12 hours sleep a day! Your body just gets used to less sleep once you have a baby, you may get lucky and your LO will sleep through after 6 weeks or so. :) Honestly loosing a little bit of sleep is SO worth it. You can sleep when there older ;-)
As for your life changing, yep it's a massive change but you'll be soo busy with your newborn you won't really care too much that your not going out and doing the stuff you used to do, you grow up so much as soon as your baby is in your arms. You'll be fine, don't panic just enjoy it. :) x

Aww, it's totally normal. I'm probably going to have my daughter in two weeks or less, and I still get really discouraged. I'm not so much worried about giving up my lifestyle, because I guess I've had a lot of time to deal with that reality. Most of the time now I worry that I won't be enough for her, that I won't be a good enough mom. I worry that she will just cry and cry and I won't know what she needs. I worry that I will be so exhausted that I'll fall asleep and not hear her crying. :( I think everyone gets really scared when they are expecting their first. Having a child is a completely new and life changing experience-- it'd be insane for someone not to get overwhelmed from time to time. Its good that you are feeling this way now. It gives you lots of time to think and talk about your feelings and insecurities. It's healthy! :flow:

Aww, it's totally normal. I'm probably going to have my daughter in two weeks or less, and I still get really discouraged. I'm not so much worried about giving up my lifestyle, because I guess I've had a lot of time to deal with that reality. Most of the time now I worry that I won't be enough for her, that I won't be a good enough mom. I worry that she will just cry and cry and I won't know what she needs. I worry that I will be so exhausted that I'll fall asleep and not hear her crying. :( I think everyone gets really scared when they are expecting their first. Having a child is a completely new and life changing experience-- it'd be insane for someone not to get overwhelmed from time to time. Its good that you are feeling this way now. It gives you lots of time to think and talk about your feelings and insecurities. It's healthy! :flow:

That's exactly how I feel :flow:

What you are feeling is completely normal.
I was so scared hun!! More scared then i had ever been. I thought am i going to be a good mommy. am i doing everything okay. its normal to be scared
I found out late that i was pregnant and that made me think oh crap she is going to be here sooner now.
well she was here sooner. I had to have a emergency c-section with her.
let me tell you that you will feel this way throughtout everything. but when you look into your LO's eyes for the first time it all dissapears.
YOu cant believe this precious fragile little baby is yours.
Having my daughter was the hardest thing i have ever done and changing my life for her.
I look at my life now and wht i have given up for her and i wouldnt change it for anything. i couldnt care less about hanging out with friends.
but when i do go out for a hour or so it feels good but i miss her so much.
hun im here for you.
if u need anyone to talk to just PM me on here.

What you are feeling is completely normal.
I was so scared hun!! More scared then i had ever been. I thought am i going to be a good mommy. am i doing everything okay. its normal to be scared
I found out late that i was pregnant and that made me think oh crap she is going to be here sooner now.
well she was here sooner. I had to have a emergency c-section with her.
let me tell you that you will feel this way throughtout everything. but when you look into your LO's eyes for the first time it all dissapears.
YOu cant believe this precious fragile little baby is yours.
Having my daughter was the hardest thing i have ever done and changing my life for her.
I look at my life now and wht i have given up for her and i wouldnt change it for anything. i couldnt care less about hanging out with friends.
but when i do go out for a hour or so it feels good but i miss her so much.
hun im here for you.
if u need anyone to talk to just PM me on here.

You've helped me worry a little less :hugs:

You will find a new lifestyle though, that can still allow you to have fun while you have 1 child. Once youre having 2 though, it's over lol. JK!!! :D

I feel like you feel right now, and Im still in so much shock. I feel like Im not excited or happy to be pregnant but then whenever I get a twinge Im freaking out because I dont want to lose the baby. That's how I know that it is going to be okay, because I wouldnt pray everynight for God to let me keep my baby if I didnt want this. During the day I overthink things, but at night when I am going to bed, I know evrything is going to be okay.

Im sure you notice things that you do like that, too. It will be great, hun, mommyhood is amazing, I love it. And hey, Im going to have 2, only 11 months apart, and Im only going to be barely 21 when this 2nd one comes!!! Trust me that you are going to have the time of your life. The first couple months are the hardest and it gets much easier once you set a routine. You wont be overwhelmed for TOO long :):) :hugs:

Don't lie Leah!! You know that you don't care about anyone on here has got to say- :rofl:- you just wanna walk around talking to your newbie self!! :p how does it feel to be the biggest dork on bnb? LOL

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i107/fireangel05_photos/shiningdorkaward.png

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/blackwelsh13/thdorkawardcopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->