HELP! Been told I need to lose 3 stone.

It is generally not considered safe to LOSE weight while pregnant. If you are obese (you are not) you are recommended to gain very little. My BMI was 30 when I conceived DS, I gained 33lbs in 33 weeks (he was a preemie) and lost 30 of them in the first 6-8 weeks after he was born. It is perfectly safe to gain a reasonable amount of weight, you are creating a life support system for a new person!

No one mentioned taking any extra folic acid to me, I took the regular amount in my prenatals.

According to the NHS I am extremely close to obese, less than 0.5 bmi point. I do not want to balance on the tightrope for the next 6 months. The NHS guidelines state that being a BMI of 30 or over can lead to many complications ranging from excessive bleeding, induced labour, prolonged labour resulting in emergency c section and death in childbirth. Therefore I do not want to go to that extra point in the bmi scale as I have already experienced a dangerous labour.

Thank you to everyone for your replies with this query. I have spoken to an expert and have set a weight goal which is achievable and safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->