• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help me........

bluebaby

Wife & mum to a princess
Reaction score
ok i need some help and advise.

I need to lose 2 stone before i go back to work in August. I have joined the gym and i have been going for 2 weeks now and go 3 times a week. My work out is a cardio work out for burning fat and burn 400-450 cl per session. In 2 weeks I have not lost any weight yet. I don't eat too much as I don't have time with a baby.

So my question is do you think the gym is not enough? Does anyone recommend the WII fit, I was going to try this on the days I can't get to the gym? Should I maybe join a weight loss programme?

Please help.....

Hi

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you consuming enough calories for your height/weight? If your eating under 1200 cals, body will go into starvation mode and store body fat instead of burning it.

I'm really not sure how many calories i eat to be honest but i don't starve myself - always have a breakfast/lunch and dinner. I could prob drink more water, i drink about a litre a day.

TBH I never had a problem with weight before LO was born, always a size 10/12 but just can't seem to lose the weight now.

I always get "stuck" dieting until I get into the habit again to constantly drink water. Then it all falls off! I drink over 2L a day.
I know it's not healthy to drink too much but it's spread out over a whole day so I hardly notice anything bad. It's annoying as you have to go to the toiled all the time tho :blush:

I always get "stuck" dieting until I get into the habit again to constantly drink water. Then it all falls off! I drink over 2L a day.
I know it's not healthy to drink too much but it's spread out over a whole day so I hardly notice anything bad. It's annoying as you have to go to the toiled all the time tho :blush:

So do you think drinking more water each day could help with the weight loss then?

drinking water helps aid weightloss.
i was the same S12 before my first, once had her i couldn't shift the lbs. It just got worse.

Hi

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you consuming enough calories for your height/weight? If your eating under 1200 cals, body will go into starvation mode and store body fat instead of burning it.

above is great advice

keep a food diary for a week or two of EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth
sometimes we over/under estimate what we eat and how much we snack

if you are new to exercise, muscles can hold on to water therefore you can weight an extra pound or two.
the way to get rid of xs fluid is to drink loads

there are some websites to work out how many calories you need for your weight/height/activity

https://www.weightlossforall.com/calorie-requirements-daily.htm

as mentioned above... you may be eating too little!!

as with anything you need to stick at it

weight loss is basically burn off more than you take in

I eat 500 cals less per day ( so 1500-1700 ) and burn off 500 per day (mainly power walking with the pram)

That's works out about 2 pounds loss per week and I've lost 2 stone 2 lbs!

good luck
xxxxx

I heard on Embarassing Bodies this evening that muscles burn more calories than fat? So if you are more muscular you burn more calories than a not-so-muscular person? :shrug: With this in mind, do you do any weights/resistance training? It might help shift a few more lbs. I do both cardio and weights and can see a difference after 3 weeks at 3 times a week (deffo more toned), I will drink more water though to see if that helps further.
:flower:

Just thought of this thread today when I read this: https://www.shapeupshop.com/weightloss/water-weight-loss.html

It's like a breakdown of why and how water is really good for your weight loss :hugs:

You need to cut 3500Calories from your diet or burn 3500 calories more than you consume, to lose 1LB.

The best way to find out if maybe it's your eating habits is to write down everything you eat, every single thing! Sounds like you're doing good with the gym membership so now it's probably time to figure out where you stand with your diet, what do you ACTUALLY eat on a day.
Food diaries tend to make you more conscious of your food decisions, it works really great for me and it's a great motivation to keep on going when I see the last few days I did good.

Ah and what the other girls said; water water water! 2L's a day helps your body work, keeps you regulated down there, helps keep your energy up, stops you from eating when you're actually thirsty... good for your skin... etc. etc. I've got a bottle next to me right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->