Help! Projectile Vomiting...

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
My LO will be 10 months old tomorrow, and never before has she done this. I wasnt actually sure what it was because Ive never experienced it before.

Anyway, she has had a little cold the last couple of days, and yesterday developed a cough (not a chesty cought, sounds like a tickly throat cough, u know the ones!) And all of last night, she was coughing in her sleep and wriggling like Ive never seen before. I was sleeping on the same bed as her (as we were staying with my mum for the night) and I was just watching her to make sure she was okay. And then it looked like she was pumping milk out of her mouth, I couldnt believe how much she spat up... probably around 3 or 4oz (ish.) I panicked coz it looked like something out of a horror film! I picked her up, and had to change her clothes.

This morning, she did the exact same thing... and it was then my mum told me it was projectile vomiting...

What should I do? Should I take her to the doctors?

Thanks in advance x

hi hun is milk all she is drinking is she keeping anymilk down? x

I know young babies do this if they have reflux as my lo does sometimes but i Thought when they were bigger they wouldn't do this for reflux so I would take her to the drs just to make sure she's ok!

Hey sweetie Fran started doing this too a couple of weeks ago - and then she got an upset tummy too. There are a lot of sickness and diahorroea bugs going around at the moment. We took Fran after she had been throwing up etc for about 5 days and she said they are lasting about a week.

The doctor says that getting fluids into them is the most important things - water, squash etc. She said milk can lie heavy which is often why it comes back up and not to worry if she doesn't eat anything for a few days as long as she is getting fluids into her xx

I think Avery had the same cold last week. It consisted of nothing but a dry cough, especially at night. She hasn't spit up any quantity in months. But the second night of the cold she started coughing after her bedtime bottle. Then she puked and puked and when I thought she was done.... She puked some more. The poor baby puked up broccoli she had eaten 2 hours earlier it was that bad. She's been fine ever since.

Colds can make babies projectile vomit. But if it's more than once or twice I would see a doctor. How is she now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->