Help re. Sisters wedding present

Broody85

Reaction score
So, my sister is getting married next month. I am maid of honour.

Now, I have already spent a fortune on her 3 hen do's :dohh: so the first thing I wanted at ask was, how much should I spend on them?

The second is what shall I get them? They don't have a gift list. They go on honeymoon the day after the wedding to Italy so I was thinking I could maybe buy them an experience like entry into a tourist attraction or dinner at an amazing restaurant. But I really am a bit lost with this. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Also, me and my bro can join forces and give a joint gift, but do you think as MOH I should get them something separate?

Help!

I think both your ideas - a joint gift and an experience are fab. Money wise, I would say whatever you can both comfortably afford, I'm sure your sis will appreciate how much her wedding has already cost you x

wow 3 hen do's!!!
I agree a lovely experience day out or if you want something for their home do they drink coffee? I always think a good quality coffee machine is a must for a home LOL

What ever you can afford.
I gave my sis a video player, they gave us a camcorder.

DHs siblings with more money than my sis gave us about £100, so that's what they got / getting back.

Thing is I can technically afford quite a lot, it's more what I want to spend on them, haha. I'm thinking about £50?

I was actually thinking about a coffee machine. But I think that could be expensive!?

Thanks girls :)

I would have thought round about the £100, I guess both you and your partner will be going to the meal at the wedding?
If I had an all day invite to a wedding for DH and I would have given £100. Around the same as it would cost them to invite us to the wedding (food and drinks). However when we got married a lot of couples gave £50. With some about the £100.

I gave my sister £50 cash, as thats what she gave when we got married but i think thats more than enough x

My OH can't make it to the wedding as it's over a bank holiday and he has to work as our other manager is on holiday (we work in a restaurant) so it is just me. I'm really gutted about it tbh but that's a whole other story. I guess they are paying for a room for me on the evening of the wedding and I'm guessing they will also get me a small gift? Ughhh, this is so hard. Thing is, I know that's he doesn't spend a huge amount on gifts for birthdays and christmas' so I'm not sure she would expect a huge amount? Also I am traveling to Surrey for the wedding which is all added cost x

How much can your brother comfortably afford? I think I would put in £75 if he can afford that, then £150 would get them a fantastic experience or meal in Italy. I then wouldn't get something separate apart from maybe a card directly to your sister (obviously a joint card to them too), telling her how much she means to you, how proud you are to be her MOH etc, that will mean a lot to her I am sure.

Surrey is beautiful, nice place to get married.

You could just give money, but have it converted to Euros for them so it's obviously intended for use on their honeymoon (maybe include a little note saying "dinner is on me/us" obviously changing me/us depending on if it's just from you, or from you and your brother :) xx

My brother has special needs, he is on benefits but my mam controls all of his money in anyways. She is toying between £50-£100 for him too so maybe £75 is a good compromise? Thanks for all of your advice girls :thumbup:

Yeah I think it is a good compromise too, meet in the middle.

Where about is it in Surrey?

Well they live in wallington but they are getting married Dorking. Is that still Surrey? :haha:

:haha: Yes it is. I use a hospital in Epsom for my loses, it isn't that far from Dorking, pretty area.

Are you excited about being MOH or nervous?

Oh yeah Epsom is close by, they were at the races there a couple of months back. Do you live close by?

I'm excited for the day because I think it will be lovely and good fun later on, but I am really nervous. I'm quite an anxious person and this is way out of my comfort zone but I'm trying to just not think about it too much and just deal with it when the time comes. The other bridesmaid is also an anxious person so god help us. It will be my sister calming us down haha:

Yeah it is about half an hour away when there is no traffic. So not too far at all.

Oh no, bless you both. I think once you're there and it's happening you will be fine, the thought is often worse than the actual experience.

I think an experience day is a goodidea.

My parents live just off the race course :haha:

And my cousin had her reception in dorking x

Yeah, I'm really hoping so Tasha, I might have to get some kalms or something!

That's pretty cool Pink, my sisters wedding and reception is in a barn, I really hope that the weather is nice!

I bought them a wedding memory box today, it's really cute and I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to store all of their little bits that they would like to keep. It was £25 so I will use my remaining £50 on a trip whilst they are in Italy. Need to do some research tomorrow :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->