Hemorrhoids and childbirth? Ouch!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Blackrain90, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Blackrain90

Blackrain90 DS-2 & Bean on the way!

Hey, does anyone know how having bad Hemorrhoids affects childbirth? Will it affect any of the 'stretching' down there, increase need for episiotomy etc? Probably a silly question but I can't help but wonder (and worry haha)! Any experiences with this appreciated!

2. October2013

October2013 Mommy to a baby girl

I was wondering the same thing, as I have a nasty little monster that WILL NOT go away and will most likely stick around for my child birth. :roll:
    There are some older threads posted in third tri if you search for "hemorrhoids" as the title. It looks like some people say their roid was exasperated during child birth, and others say they didn't even notice it.

3. bevan88

bevan88 Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of them-the midwife asked if they had always been bad when I was in labour with my son. I wasnt aware of them during labour-i have suffered them for years on and off. But afterwards omg my bum was more sore and troublesome than my vag!

4. hoping4bbynm2

hoping4bbynm2 MomOf2BoysNexpecting

A couple here and there are not a problem but after child birth sucks!!! I completely agree with "bevan" my bum hurt a lot worse then my vag:(