Hg need support

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
This is my 3rd hg pregnancy. The only difference is this one was a total surprise. I wasn't ready or expecting it. So I'm finding it extra hard to cope with being so sick. I'm on meds but I'm barely functioning and I have a 13 year old and 19 month old twins to take care of. I'm depressed and really struggling and just wishing each day away. I can't think of anything else. I know I'll be happy about the baby once this goes away but right now it's all consuming:( I'm so upset

Wow! You will get used to the idea. The first trimester is so hard with little ones.

I am sick and tired all of the time. And it is REALLY HARD!

What is HG?

Congratulations!! <3

Your not alone! And I feel your pain!
I have been so sick, almost admitted to hospital on meds, they stopped working so almost admitted again but had injection and had meds changed.
I have not been sick since I started these new meds but if I forget I start feeling sick very quickly :dohh:

It hasnt helped with the hg tiredness, and I still have a very 'picky' appitite. But im not being sick every 30mins!

If your meds arent working see the doctor! I think he said there are 3-4 diff meds and I have one other option if these stop working like others did. I too am looking after my toddler, well hes running rings round me tbh :dohh::haha:

:hugs: your not alone!!!!

I don't have any personal experience but just wanted to offer my thoughts and support.

My best friend has HG too and because her husband works away all week, I'm looking after her. It's been awful to watch her be so ill and so upset about the whole thing. And that's without any children or anything. I really don't know how you cope with being so poorly. My friend has been in hospital and is now on a combination of drugs which are def helping a bit at least.. can you go back to the docs and see if there is anything else they can try for you? And don't be afraid to go to hospital if you need too, sometimes you just need the extra help with fluids and IV meds (it's a shame you can't self inject these things, they seem to work much better!).

Do you have any friends or family close by who can help with your kids? I work full time but I go see my friend before work and after. I've been cooking bland food for her and making her ham sandwiches so she always has food in to eat quickly. Doesnt seem like much but I hope it helps. I hope you have some support to help too! Do you have any option of childcare for a couple days a week to help you rest?

I really hope you are OK and it doesn't last all pregnancy.. thinking of you.

Hi I'm not pregnant anymore (delivered in may) but I suffered with HG this past pregnancy so I feel your pain. This time last year actually I was admitted for 4 days in hospital due to severe dehydration. I was on 3 different types of meds( diclectin, zofran and maxeran) round the clock. Top it all off I had two other kids that were 4 and 2 at the time. I thought it would never end. I couldn't eat, couldn't drink and couldn't function. I spent the first trimester on my couch. I remember it being Halloween and I couldn't even stand up let alone take my kids trick or treating. However, It started at 6 weeks and went off like a switch at exactly 12 weeks. My hg vanished as quickly as it started. The rest of the pregnancy I was totally fine and never vomited again. I hope you feel better soon. I completely understand the despair. I been there. I even wished my pregnancy away. Now I have the most adorable 5 month old who is just a pure joy so hang in there, this too shall pass xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->