• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi. ntnp for #2

DCS I sometimes feel quite scared too. Flora is at a bit of a tricky age, and sometimes it takes all my patience and strength just to take her out and about, God knows how I'm going to handle too. I'm hoping by then she will have reached an easier age. My niece was a terror of a 2 year old apparently and now she's 3 and a half she's much much better.

Welcome SG! Perhaps you are pregnant, know way to know I guess until you test! Good luck x

Hi and welcome SG. I have no advice really as im rubbish at this ntnp thing. Im so clueless.
So glad im not the only one whp is scared. Oh is so laidback and calm.
Ok, so I still have lower back ache, its horrible. My skins shockingly bad. Never been this bad. I have a warm bile like feeling in the bk of my throat iygwim. Are these symptoms?

Goodness feeling so I'll today! Tom had a sickness
bug yesterday and has kindly passed it on to me! :doh:... I keep hoping that diarrhea is a pg symptom lol!

I've got loads of spots
too dcs but putting it down to coming off the pill rather than pg!.... When is your af due again?

Ahh bless u toms mum. Hope your both better soon.
Iv never been on the pill, so I cant even blame that. Maybe its all the golden syrup im eating. Af is due 20th.

:rofl: haha, golden syrup is good!

Well I'm out of bed now and watching crap on telly! It's raining here! Where does everyone live? I'm in North Wales by Caernaron :)

Im from leicester in the east midlands. Whats it like in north wales?
So I told oh about how I was feeling he said to just test. He also told me that he was abit more excited this time as with lo we had no idea what having a lo was like. It almost made me cry, he never tells me how he feels. I admitted that I wasnt as excited, because im scared about how lo will cope.
So for the first time ever lo called oh daddy today. Well it was more deedee but close enough. Up untill now oh has been mama too. That also almost made me cry.

Aww how lovely dcs! It's exciting and scary the second time end as you know what to expect good and bad lol! But u forget the bad which is good!... I bet ur oh was chuffed you lo said dadee, so sweet! X

yeah north wales is nice, we
live in the national park so lots
of walks and cages and tourist lol! There's a great natural mamas community here too which is great, you see more baby wearers than buggies lol!... Would be nice to have more clubs and groups for lo though like in cities!... I've never been to leicester, is it nice there? Z

:hi: ladies, wow lots of chat over the wkend! sorry I haven't had a chance to pop on this wkend. Had a friend down, then SIL rocked up and I also had a really high temp and felt like poop :dohh:.

Tomsmummy hope you're feeling better now!

DCS I think it's normal to worry about coping with two +, I know I am as like tomsmummy said lifes just beginning to settle down again! can almost guarentee a full nights sleep and i have my evenings back again.

I'm still bfing too, but my cycles came back at 4mths pp (so much for bfing being a contraception :haha:), am kinda hoping getting pregnant again will mean LO will self wean, but if not we'll see how I feel about tandem feeding or stopping him bfing altogether. He's only on one feed a day now. What are you planning on doing DCS?

greenlady, your LO is about the age now mine is going to be if we concieve soon when a new LO is born! eeek!

ooh and we want 3 kids :) xx

He was dead pleased. But then lo got confused and we all became mama, nana and deedee. ( ohs mum and sister were round)
I tried to explain to oh the reason im not as excited yet is because there isnt a lo yet. And its hard to imagine loving a non existant person as much as lo iygwim.
Leicester is ok. It isnt anything to shout about. I get judged alot by the older people, especailly in our area. Everyone knows someone so when me and oh first started seeing each other my mum recieved alot of concerned calls. Lol. Its very mulitcultural here.
I plan to let lo self wean. Whenever he is ready. If it means tandem feeding so be it, im sure it will be tough but we generally always follow his lead.
Lo would be 2 yrs and 3 months if I got pg now. Im hopeing by then he wont need bfing to sleep. He bfs first thing, and to sleep. And for comfort a few times a day.

Is there anything u ladies would do differently next time round?

aw I bet your DH was pleased! we're still generally called mama too, or sometimes i get called dada too :dohh:

we're in sussex, I like the area but its blooming expensive to live :wacko:

hmmm do differently, not sure there is really. Only thing I can think of is not letting LO nap so late in the day :haha:. I used to totally screw my night sleep over by letting him nap for like 4 hours until 6pm+ at night!! but obviously that's not until baby isn't a newborn anymore

Thanks Caro, feeling better nw, although just drinking milk today as anything else comes back up! TMI, sorry :blush:

Hope you had a nice weekend!

I got really upset last time during night feeds when LO fed and fed and then would still cry when put down... we started co-sleeping from abut 2 months, after weeks of no sleep and me losing my mind!.... Next time I will Co-sleep from birth!

Agreed on the cosleeping. I used to find it exhausting, but oh used to stay awake with me and give me a footrub or leg massage at every night feed.
I would also encourage self soothing. I had no idea how to and just found myself feeding him to sleep. He used to nap on me untill he was 13 months.
I also wouldnt try to please everyone or listrn to every bit of advice.
And eat better. After lo was born I litrtally lived of cereal bars and water. Then went 2 days eating nothing because I just forgot.... Wound up falling down the stairs. Not good.

ooh yeah i forgot about the frustration of nighttimes feeds! think i'll go more down the co sleeping route next time too. Although still won't do it all the time as I really like that my LO sleeps on his own now, and has done since about christmas no problem. I'm also going to try and master feeding lying down next time, never quite managed it this time after he chewed me to pieces in his first week of life :dohh:

Yeah I will try feeding lying down sooner next time as I just couldn't get the hang of it with flora for like 3 months. I will try to avoid the dummy next time, or wean it sooner. I wouldn't do much else differently really.

Caro dont worry I get the feeling my daughter is a slightly high maintenance child! Hopefully your LO wont be like that at this age.

I am from Sydney, having just moved back here 2 months ago. I lived in London for 12 years and I was ready to come home!!

Also next time I will do more baby wearing. I am looking forward to buying myself an ergo!!

I was rubbish at self settling lo! It's only been in the last few weeks that I can walk out of the room before he's fallen asleep :dohh:

also, I had a bit of an obsession with prams last time, I went through 7! Now I'm storing one for next lo but reckon I'll have a sling obsession next time! We had a calin bleu wrap when he was born then a mei tei. My oh didn't like the wraps so we never did it much but I have an ergo and we both love it! I still use it now when lo is tired! I'll def be getting an newborn insert!

Green lady u live in sydney? So jealous.
Lo hated his pushchair , we uses to take it out and end up carrying him. Till we brought a cheap carrier. Saved my sanity it did. So deffo be buying a sling. And keeping quinny just incase.
We used to co sleep from like 4am till 7. He sleeps really well in his cot. But we bring him in when he wakes.
I also wont b worried about bfing in public. It to me months to feel comfortable. But now it feels so normal....even if lo does exposeme.

Yes I do, I grew up here and I always wanted to move back. I mean its a big city and has all the usual fast paced city life stuff, not too different from any other big city. Its just you can go to a beach or place of wilderness within minutes of anywhere and the climate is so nice.

Toms mummy thats funny because lately I've been in lying next to Flora till she goes to sleep otherwise she panics and wont go to sleep. She just went into her big bed 2 months ago. So I was wondering how soon I could enforce her going to bed by herself.... I guess I shouldn't rush it but there's a few things she still does that are a bit babyish and I want to move her on to the next stage iyswim? e.g she still has a dummy for sleep and she isn't potty trained.

greenlady, my LO is quite high maintenence too :haha:, he's a right cheeky monkey too!
I'd not say a dummy at bedtime nor being potty trained is bad at your LO#s age. What about using upcoming xmas to give santa her dummy in return for a present she wants? that worked really well with a friends LO whose DD was a similar age to yours, she got a doll and chocolate and she never looked back, she was literally attached to her dummy 24/7 too, so i was amazed how well it went! and potty training is supposed to be quicker when their ready, I don't even intend to buy alex a potty until he's 2 :shrug:

I def want a decent sling next time! Hoping that might help me get away with having only a single buggy and not need a double. Although i'd get a buggy board.

Ah due to Ov in a few days! We dtd last night but used preseed so now I can't tell whether i had ewcm today or whether it was just leftovers :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->