Hiring a doula?

zeetpetite

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of my Doula training at the moment.

I would love to hear from mums/dads or mums/dads-to-be about their doula experiences, good and not so good (hopefully they will be very few!). What do you look for in your Doula? (everyone's different) and were your fears/anxieties/questions resolved once you found 'your' Doula? I do hope so.:happydance:

I live in East Yorkshire by the way. Can't wait to hear from you, much love. :hugs: x

I'm hiring a doula. I got her on a trainee rate so very affordable. She is mad about baby and pregnancy stuff and has worked as a midwife assistant and is now on the infant feeding team at my local hospital, but for her she sees being a doula as her main job now.
She is really supportive and excited and we feel that as someone who has been at a fair few births that she can reassure us both on the day when I give birth at home in water.
It is important to us as otherwise we would be on our own at home and being first timers don't want to lose our nerve at any point. I lost my mum nearly 4 years ago and can see the benefit of having a female support throughout labour.

Thanks for your lovely reply onedaybaby - it's wonderful that you have found 'your' doula and I wish you all a loving and wondrous time ahead with her. I feel that often now women don't have that extended familial support anymore and the role of older women 'mothering the mother' has sadly diminished...at a time when women really do need it. Lots of love to you all. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->