~Holiday Lounge~

i remember that with my son! so far i havent felt like that at all, the only smells that make me wanna puke are actual nasty smells like poopy diapers and the cat liter box. LOL

I took a test 2 days after my bfp 15-30 min after i had just peed and had even been drinking water so it was super diluted and it was a YES/NO digi test and i like literally had to put the stick on my girl part bc there was so not enough pee for a stream, lol, (sorry for the tmi) and it STILL said YES. LOL Ok im done with this gross story

I walked in the bathroom and the little box made me so nauseous and I recently scooped it too! Looks like it's going to be twice a day scooping or I'm not going to be able to use my own bathroom.

Lol about the test, I pretty much had to do the same thing. It was still going really slow so I dipped it in the toilet for a second to get it wet. Still a bright bfp so I'm pretty convinced lol. Am I the only one with chapped lips? I've been applying chapstick several times a day for several years and starting last night/today my lips are still soft but dry? They seem to absorb the chapstick a lot faster and they almost burn like they are chapped. I've been drinking tons of water so there is no reason for them to be dry.

YOu know you arent supposed to do the Litter box right? Make DH do it, there is harmful bacteria in cat poop that can be bad for baby. its just another excuse for me to have DH do it. but really annoying when he is not here and it starts to smell! gross! i just stay clear!

idk my lips are always chapped so i havent noticed a difference. Part of it could be the weather? idk...

I was reading something about that if the cats have never been outdoor cats then cleaning their box during pregnancy doesn't pose the same risk, though I could be wrong?I'm sure oh would clean the box for me. I don't want to risk this baby.

I'm not sure it's the weather since the weather hasn't really changed. It snowed for the first time today but it's been consistently cold and I don't recall my lips being like this last year.

Have you started taking prenatal vitamins yet? Is there any real differnce between the prescription ones and the ones you get over the counter? I still have samples from last month when I went to my ob because I was sure I was pregnant. I also still have the script that they gave me, I'm just wondering if I should fill it or if I would be fine getting it over the couter.

REALLY? i did not know that. Both our cats have always been inside... hmm.. i will ask my dr.. oh well though, for the time being, DH is doing it. LOL

I have been taking my prenatal for 3 or 4 months, lol. I dont think there is any difference unless you need something extra or something in yours than you need from a prescription, for example if you need more iron than other people or something ...

You ladies are funny!! Just scanned the thread..I got my BFP on Thanksgiving, can I join? :) :) Congrats to you both!

Of course you can missfish!! The more the merrier, and crazier lol!

I think I may start with a small bottle of over the counter prenatals and then see what happens at my firs doctor visit to see what they would suggest. I'll have to ask about the litter thing too. I think I recall my previous doctor from my mc last year saying it, but I can't be sure and better safe than sorry.

I feel like a terrible mother. I was getimg ready for work this morning and I began wondering if I made the right decision getting pregnant. I already love this baby more than anything, but I wonder if I should have waited... Is it normal to feel this way? I'm afraid I won't be a good mother. I wonder if since I am young (20) maybe I should have waited till I was older? I don't party and have never really wanted to so that isn't the issue, I'm just worried. Afraid of failing, of being selfish in wanting this baby, I just don't want to let him or her down because I wanted to be pregnan now.

Ugh!! I have the absolute worst heartburn, so bad that I think I'm goin to throw up. Only thing keeping me from doing so is drinking cold water to ease the burning. And my mouth tastes like a roll of dirty pennies. Bubs, I hope you know just how much I love you

Of course you can missfish!! The more the merrier, and crazier lol!

I think I may start with a small bottle of over the counter prenatals and then see what happens at my firs doctor visit to see what they would suggest. I'll have to ask about the litter thing too. I think I recall my previous doctor from my mc last year saying it, but I can't be sure and better safe than sorry.

I feel like a terrible mother. I was getimg ready for work this morning and I began wondering if I made the right decision getting pregnant. I already love this baby more than anything, but I wonder if I should have waited... Is it normal to feel this way? I'm afraid I won't be a good mother. I wonder if since I am young (20) maybe I should have waited till I was older? I don't party and have never really wanted to so that isn't the issue, I'm just worried. Afraid of failing, of being selfish in wanting this baby, I just don't want to let him or her down because I wanted to be pregnan now.

COmpletely normal sweetie. I was 20 when I got pregnant PURPOSEFULLY with my ds. Was married, stable, and completely ready for a baby! I dont think age has as much to do with it as where you are in life. Some 20 year olds are NOT ready, and some are! Although I do feel more mature now at 23 going into my second one, I never did worry about being a bad mom. I think its b/c i've been in childcare my whole life. But I know it is a common worry pregnant women have. But it is normal to have second thoughts and wonder, i do wonder sometimes if i should have waited myself, but you will never actually think that is what you should of done when you are holding that precious little one. They are so precious and wonderful and its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel this early into it, it seems like centuries until you actually will have a baby, but im telling you, you wont regret a darn thing! it will be beautiful!!!!!!!

Ugh!! I have the absolute worst heartburn, so bad that I think I'm goin to throw up. Only thing keeping me from doing so is drinking cold water to ease the burning. And my mouth tastes like a roll of dirty pennies. Bubs, I hope you know just how much I love you

lol- im probably jinxing this, but i dont feel that bad at all! i felt just like you are describing with my first pregnancy and it was awful, i'd be crying the heartburn was so bad. it was almost worst than the sickness, and the sickness was bad. the bad thing is the heartburn is the whole 9 months. ehhhhhh... and i am also sure im not this lucky to not get bad symptoms im sure they are just waiting until the perfect opportunity to strike their ugly faces! Probably on christmas, lol. i was getting awfully dizzy today though, ugh, kinda scary! Mostly my boobs are just killing me and im so tired i can hardly keep my eyes open! ahhhhh

That made me feel a lot better. It comes and goes really, one moment I'm excited and the next I'm terrified. I suppose I'll be feeling this way up until I have my litte one.

So far my symptoms are nowhere near as bad as with my mc and I'm thankful for that. The heartburn stopped, for now. Nausea comes and goes, so does the dizziness but it really isn't that bad. I am absolutely exhausted though. I spend my entire day wishing for sleep but by the time I climb into bed I can't fall asleep. My eyes burn I'm so tired but k have such a hard time sleeping. My pants are already too tight in the waist. I have to leave them unbuttoned and hope my belt keeps them up lol. I'm noticing some slight pulling pains when I stretch or move and it hurts to stand up straight and suck in my stomach. Clearly my uterus is getting busy already lol. Bubs is settling in nicely it seems. I can't wait to get a bump.

omg same here! i have had dizziness, and im so tired all day i cant wait for night time and then i cant sleep at night til i toss and turn for hours! ugh so annoying!! i also have been wearing sweat pants and when i MUST wear jeans i have to leave them unbuttoned lol! I think part of it is ive been eating like a PIG and the other part is the bloatedness!!

If I could wear sweats to work I would. Though I am definitely going to look for a pair of nicer pants with an elastic waist because I'm not sure I'll be fitting into my pants for much longer lol. I'm actually considering purchasing a belly band, those seemed nice. I hate not being able to sleep, I'm already exhausted on top being pregnant tired and working 40 hours a week is just wearing me down. I'm probably not going to have days off as I'll be sleeping through them lol. Conveniently I have several vacation days next week. Bubs picked the perfect time to enter my life lol. I hear you on the bloat. It seems all I really have a taste for is anything and everything junky, which then makes me feel sick but it tastes so good. I really need to start watching how much junk I eat. I don't want to gain a thousand pounds especially since I am slightly overweight, not fat but could definitely stand to lose some. It's just so hard to resist. I blame it all on the baby!

omg same here . im about 10 pounds heavier than before my son. so not ridiculous or anything but my tum tum is not super skinny. i lost 10 pounds in the first few months of my first pregnancy so that was one plus of the sickness lol. i only ended up gaining 16 pounds the whole 9 months. i gained in the right places in my belly but i lost in my arms legs and everywhere else, so thats what it ended up totaling. crazy huh!? I could stand to loose it in my arms legs and the fat in my belly! i want to have a nice bump instead of love handles, lol!

oh and you should join us over in the August Beached Whales thread!! ;)

Lucky you!! I would love to lose the weight in my arms, thighs and tummy. I wish I could have a nice round bump but I'm afraid I'm going to have those dreaded lovehandles and then some... I think I'm going to try to lay off the junk and opt for fruits instead. I really don't want to gain any more weight than I'm supposed to. I think I am going to start some light exercise to try to help prevent too much gain, especially when I slip up and devour a pack of cookies or a whole pint of ice cream lol. I was thinking of taking bump pictures starting this week but I am so body conscious...

I'll definitely check out that thread.. Just what I need lol another thread to take over my day.

Yeah I saw that. But there is still a link in first tri so we still may get some new people. It kind of makes me a little sad though.

oh my gosh i feel like ive been run over by a truck. i have a home daycare and i had a photographer come today to take pictures and i swear i have been bending over picking up kids, running around like a crazy person, yelling all day, and im sweating like a pig! ahhhhhhhhhh i just wanna scream! thank God for nap time!!

Sounds like you have definitely use a nap. I'm feeling alright for the most part, can't really say for certain as I am still in bed lol. I don't have to work for another 3 hours so I'm taking full advantage of it. I made a lettuce and tomato salad for breakfast, more like brunch, but it just didn't taste right to me. I wanted to do something healthy, but it's definitely not what I wanted to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->