Hollyoaks

How long is the Maxine and paddy storyline running for, its making me feel really uncomfortable :(

As for Sinead :cry:

How long is the Maxine and paddy storyline running for, its making me feel really uncomfortable :(

As for Sinead :cry:

I'm not sure how long it's running for but I'm hoping it will be over with soon because I keep having nightmares about it all :shrug: now I get the shivers every time Patrick comes on tv :/

Its meant to end in march, that's what ho said at the beginning.

Oh good. Not too long then. Hope everyone sees Patrick for what he really is and they lock him up and throw away the key!

Hollyoaks bad boy Robbie Roscoe makes a brave decision next week as he tries to save his former teacher John Paul McQueen from a jail sentence.

With John Paul (James Sutton) about to be locked away for attacking the troublesome teenager in class, Robbie decides to do the right thing by revealing exactly why the incident happened.

Robbie takes the surprising course of action as he is full of guilt now that he knows about John Paul's rape ordeal. Twisted Finn O'Connor (Keith Rice) is fearful as he spots Robbie hand his statement over to Sam Lomax, but is it too late for him to do anything about it?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Charlie Wernham, who plays Robbie, to hear how he feels about exploring a whole new side to his character.

What kind of reaction have you seen to this storyline over the past few weeks?
"It's been really positive. We're dealing with such a big and serious issue, so me, James and Keith were all a little bit worried about what kind of reaction we'd get from people. Luckily it's been fantastic and nobody has said a bad word against it. All of the fans have been very mature in the comments that they've given us, so I've loved all of the feedback from everybody."

We saw a different side to Robbie when he found out about the rape. Did you enjoy that opportunity?
"Absolutely - the scene with Robbie and John Paul on top of the archway is one of my favourites from everything that I've filmed since I've been here at Hollyoaks. It was the first time that Robbie had ever apologised for anything he'd done, and the first time that he's ever felt any genuine remorse. That was great to film with James and I've enjoyed every minute of Robbie's remorse and guilt."

Since then, we've seen that Robbie hasn't lost his bad boy edge. Are you glad that the experience hasn't changed him completely?
"Of course - I'd never want Robbie to lose his cocky and bad boy side, because that's what makes him who he is. It's nice to have a little change in him due to the guilt that he's feeling, but I'm glad that he's still keeping up his image and his usual appearance."

When John Paul's court case approaches next week, is Robbie's guilt still playing on his mind?
"Definitely. As we saw in the scene on the archway, Robbie wants to make everything right - but he obviously has Finn threatening him and watching him. Robbie is very scared that if he told the truth, he'd be in trouble for not speaking up sooner and for being involved in what happened on the night of the rape."

In the end, Robbie writes a brand new statement and hands it over to Sam. How much does he reveal in it?
"In the new statement, Robbie says everything - he tells the whole truth with no lies. He completely admits to everything that's gone on. On the day of John Paul's sentencing, he takes the statement to Sam Lomax and says, 'This is what actually happened. I can't explain, but can you take it to the court?'"

But Finn is watching on…
"He is, but Robbie has no idea! Robbie is trying to do the right thing, but he wants to hand over the statement and get away from the conversation with Sam as quickly as possible. Finn is watching Robbie like a hawk because he knows there'll be big consequences for him if the truth is revealed, but Robbie doesn't realise that. It's just a weight off his shoulders that he's told the truth, although he's terrified of what the consequences will be."

The story still has a way to go, so will Robbie stay heavily involved?
"I think so. I've not seen much in the scripts for what's going to happen next, but I hope there'll be more and I'm sure there will be. Robbie's been part of it from the start and I can't wait to crack on with whatever happens next."

Could John Paul and Robbie ever become proper friends or allies in the future?
"I'd personally love that. I even said to James the other day that I'd love Robbie to have that sort of relationship with John Paul when it's all concluded. It'd be nice for things to move on and for our characters to have nice scenes for once!

"I don't know, though, because it really depends on the characters and whether John Paul thinks that Robbie has gone too far. A big part of it is whether John Paul will ever forgive Robbie. I think Robbie will definitely stop being so out of order and outrageous towards John Paul, so maybe it could happen in the future - but there's a long way to go yet."

Do you think Robbie needs to face some more consequences for his bullying?
"I think people can see that Robbie is really out of his depth and has learned his lessons, but I also think there needs to be a bit more of a consequence to what he's done, because the way he treated John Paul was horrific. Even homophobic bullying on its own is incredibly disgusting, so I think Robbie needs more of a comeuppance even though he's already feeling a lot of remorse."

Everyone involved in the storyline has been promoting a campaign called 'Break the Silence', which raises awareness of male rape. Is it having the impact you all hoped for?

"Definitely. James has been heavily involved in that campaign, while myself and a number of other cast members have all been helping to promote it. It really has made a difference and there's been some great responses while we've been doing it. It's really rewarding to be a part of it and it's a real honour."

Is there more coming up with Phoebe and Robbie?
"Yes, there's a lot of stuff coming up for them. I think a lot of people have already seen that Robbie fancies Phoebe a little bit, but she isn't really interested. There's a lot more coming up with me and Mandip in the future and I love working with her. Hopefully we can do a lot more together."

Robbie has managed to steer clear of Fraser and his dodgy dealings so far! Would you like some involvement in those storylines?
"Yes, I'd love to do some stuff with Greg [Wood, who plays Trevor], Tam [Wall, who plays Grace] and Jesse [Birdsall, who plays Fraser]. I'd love for him to go to the dark side and be a bit of a prodigy gangster! He's done a lot of bad stuff as it is - he's got a pretty good 'gangster CV' so I think he'd be more than qualified to join the Loft crew!"

Fans were surprised at the weekend when your on-screen mum Gillian Taylforth announced that she's leaving Hollyoaks. How do you feel about her decision to go?
"It's a massive shame, but obviously she wants to spend more time with her family. As long as she's happy, that's the main thing. On a personal level, Gill will be really missed - I love working with her and we have such a laugh from the minute we get on set. She's one of the most amazing actresses here, so it's sad that she's going.

"I'd love to keep in contact with her and she's got a lovely family too, so I'd like to stay in touch with them. It'd be nice to be heavily involved in her departure storyline too."

Most Hollyoaks fans will know that you have a connection to BBC Three after your work on Bad Education. What do you make of the decision to close it as a broadcast channel?
"It's a real shame and it was a massive surprise to me when I saw the news on Twitter. They have some great stuff on BBC Three which I enjoy watching and obviously I've done a bit of work for them in the past. I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it, but I'll be sad to see it go."

With all the recent petitions and campaigns, do you think people power could save it?
"I was thinking about this the other day and I'd like to think that people will listen to what the audience want. A lot of people obviously want it to stay because it's been trending on Twitter so much and there's been petitions set up to save it. It's obviously up to the BBC, but I'd love it if they changed their mind. So many people are getting behind it and I'm certainly supporting the campaign too."

Are you confirmed for the next series of Bad Education yet?
"That's still to be decided. I know it is going ahead and I'd love to be involved in it, even if I can just do a little bit of it to finish the journey. It's hard when you're working on another job every day, and I'm pretty busy at Hollyoaks at the minute. Hopefully it will all work out though, because Bad Education is another amazing show to be part of."

A big part of it is whether John Paul will ever forgive Robbie
Well, he forgave Sonny, he allows him round the family!! Sonny was quite the homophobe back at school!

Anyway
Seeing as this storyline has such a long way to go still, I am betting that letter either never gets read by Sam and Finn puts a stop to it seeing the light, he's ruthless enough

Apparantly....

Trevor buys the florists and turn sit into a tropical fish shop :rofl:

Don't know how true but I love this :rofl:

So...

Do you really think Peri is Sophie now

Discuss :coffee:

Me? I suspect not anymore. It's all too obvious...

No I don't think Peri is Sophie. HO don't like a happy ending :(

As for the Trevor spoiler :haha: LOVE IT!!

I do it's all to much of a coincidence. But I was surprised she figured it out so quick x

It's a massive coincidence you are right, i don't know how they would get away with it NOT being Peri now, but the whole thing seems a bit off. Like, as if Hollyoaks are trying to make us believe it with Sienna

I don't think Sophie is perri. I think she will finally find Sophie n she will actually be dead.

haha ah trev does love his tropical fish. Kinda a geeky hobby for a hardman

Yeah I don't think Peri is Sophie either, seems a bit too obvious and all too much of a happy ending which isn't Hollyoaks usual style :lol: so there's bound to be some twist in there somewhere :shrug:

I don't think Perri is Sophie either.

I really hope that Finn is found out, it'll be awful if he gets away with it!

Awww is Trevor showing his softer side LOL ... tropical fish :saywhat: x

Wouldn't Patrick and the adoptive parents know each other? They've been sending pictures so it's not a totally closed adoption, makes me think it's not Peri.

Wouldn't Patrick and the adoptive parents know each other? They've been sending pictures so it's not a totally closed adoption, makes me think it's not Peri.

Patrick said he never met them, it was all done through a mutual friend x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->