• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hollyoaks

Anyone else see the Autumn trailer..? Could we have guessed they were going to do a PND style storyline with Peri? Hope they do it justice! I'm getting tired of stories not making full sense and characters behaving in ways they probably wouldn't in real life, like who would really believe a word of what Kim says with her past and the way she's being with Lindsay. No-one thinks, hang on, maybe she's being Kim again. Other storylines are similar where I think would that person really say/do that. It pees me off. And I know children have limited working hours, and rightly so, but there's so much childcare going on in that village - they're only good for a storyline and then they're always 'at nursery' or with someone else if it's clear at all. Made me laugh when Trevor instructed Holly to just drop Curtis off at nursery when she was too busy. You can't just rock up to nursery randomly. Then Curtis was with Leela - since when were Trevor and Leela best pals..?! Grrr.

I said to my mum as soon as peri kept her it would be a pnd story, exactly copying corrie. Have they named her, or is that who ashley/lola is? If not who is ashley/lola? Not seen it for a couple weeks

Anyone else see the Autumn trailer..? Could we have guessed they were going to do a PND style storyline with Peri? Hope they do it justice! I'm getting tired of stories not making full sense and characters behaving in ways they probably wouldn't in real life, like who would really believe a word of what Kim says with her past and the way she's being with Lindsay. No-one thinks, hang on, maybe she's being Kim again. Other storylines are similar where I think would that person really say/do that. It pees me off. And I know children have limited working hours, and rightly so, but there's so much childcare going on in that village - they're only good for a storyline and then they're always 'at nursery' or with someone else if it's clear at all. Made me laugh when Trevor instructed Holly to just drop Curtis off at nursery when she was too busy. You can't just rock up to nursery randomly. Then Curtis was with Leela - since when were Trevor and Leela best pals..?! Grrr.

I thought that about the nursery too! Like he is only a few weeks old and Trevor has only had him a few days, when exactly did he set up nursery?! lol

I said to my mum as soon as peri kept her it would be a pnd story, exactly copying corrie. Have they named her, or is that who ashley/lola is? If not who is ashley/lola? Not seen it for a couple weeks

Ashley/Lola is some 'baddie' type women who is in leagues with Trevor. Think she had something to do with Carly but ive only just started watching it again. I dont think they have named the baby yet.

Haha did anyone see the barman 'cleaning' the bar (when Freddie and Mercedes are in the bar) in Friday's episode?

I really want to punch Diana. So if she is having rose then does that mean tegna can fight for dee dee? Why does it seem all one sided? Its all about rose but dont see about dee dee!

I hear the whole Rose and Dee Dee thing is coming to an end very soon and a decision is being made. I wonder if this means one of them is going to die/go to jail....It sounds too short of a time to investigate and decide

only just caught up so ive finally come onto this thread.
whats everyones opinion on Patrick? i said to my OH the other day, in a way i feel sorry for him, but for everything he did to Maxine, i dont, but i would never wish a illness on anyone so thats the reason i have sympathy. but i still dont think they should have let the abuse story slide, surely there is people out there being abused, watching this thinking 'well maybe he will change' or that they know theres no way out, i know its only a show, and im not saying abuse victims follow what they see on tv, but IDK..

the Tegan, Dianne story, OMG!! it winds me up, surely the way this is going, really wouldnt be the case, i know they are making out Tegan is crazy, and Leela 'gave rose away' when Tegan was in prison, but surely it wouldnt really stick? if you brought a child up from birth although that child isnt yours, you cant keep that one, and the one you did give birth to who was brought up by someone else. i just dont get it??

I know, the whole Patrick thing, I really hope something happens that is some sort of justice, but I fear now its done. He got away with it, he got to live his life with Maxine and keep his job.

I hear the whole Rose and Dee Dee thing is coming to an end very soon and a decision is being made. I wonder if this means one of them is going to die/go to jail....It sounds too short of a time to investigate and decide

I hope the story line finishes its doing my head in. I am like 5 or 6 weeks behind lol. Trying to catch up

Patrick has got what was coming to him, karma is a bitch lol. No sympathy at all.

I think the whole Patrick storyline (although he acts it very well!) sends the wrong message out. Like the moral of the tale is; if you've been involved with an abusive man, the only way you will be truly free is if he's dead. Even then Maxine will suffer as if she goes through with this assisted suicide then she'll likely be arrested, like Ste. I just think she's never really had freedom or closure and will be haunted by the aftermath when he dies. What does that say to others in abusive relationships?

I think the whole Patrick storyline (although he acts it very well!) sends the wrong message out. Like the moral of the tale is; if you've been involved with an abusive man, the only way you will be truly free is if he's dead. Even then Maxine will suffer as if she goes through with this assisted suicide then she'll likely be arrested, like Ste. I just think she's never really had freedom or closure and will be haunted by the aftermath when he dies. What does that say to others in abusive relationships?

thats my point, i dont like how they show a abuser getting away with it, and the abused having to live with it, then at the end of the show say 'if you have been affected by blah blah' it just doesnt go together, they need to show that abusers do get found out, they do serve time for it, and the abused does get justice.. she did say in one episode (cant remember which) that she loves him.. so is that saying that if you love them just believe they change and when they are dying get back with them like nothing happened?

but still, i do have sympathy, no one deserves to die of an illness, or in pain. But at the same time, no one deserves to be abused.
IDK are they trying to make out hes changed? he knows what he did was wrong and all that? i just have no idea

Totally agree, and like you, I do have sympathy too - I didn't know much MND and it looks horrific. I like that they have explained a little about his father and how that influences his thoughts about Minnie and his need for control, I've enjoyed those snippets of depth. It is like they are trying to make out he has had some kind of Scrooge-style epiphany. I wonder what will actually be in his Will in the end, if any controlling conditions are made which somehow chains family members after his death or wether he'll be true to apparent change and honour Maxine and Sienna with what might seem like compensation...

i do believe he could have changed, but i dont think that means Maxine doesnt deserve justice, she does, what he did he did, but i do think hes trying to make amends while still having a controlling side to him, but ive noticed, whenever he raises his voice he always apologies straight away, that doesnt make it okay, but maybe proves hes changing.
death can sometimes do that.
I learnt about MND in the 5 years i studied health and social care, although i dont remember much now, it isnt a nice disease, no disease is nice though and i wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy.

i said to my OH randomly the other day 'i think i might cry when he dies, although i dont really want to'

i do think too much into soaps, not because i watch them like they are real life, but because i know they are based on real life, and people really do go through the things that are shown in soaps.

as for Perri, i have a feeling she wont get 'better' with the baby, like maybe she will never bond?

That is a very good point

Looks like the killer has been narrowed down to Kim or Lindsey if you go by these promo shots - look at the hoodies
https://i2.cdnds.net/15/36/618x408/promo-3.jpg

https://i2.cdnds.net/15/41/618x399/ho-tx-201015-07.jpg

Surely it's got to be Kim! Bet she manages to pin it on Lindsey though! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116