Home education/schooling

I know , I seen forums here with not a lot in them to but there appears to be much less than I thought here for education. There seems to be more for gender disappointment and same sex (both of which I have nothing against) thats why I thought there would be an education one.
this :nope:

It does seem rather silly, especially considering that as the forum ages more and more members will have older children. Surely a place to discuss homework, how to support learning at home, activity ideas, choosing schools, educational websites, etc. as well as home education would be useful to lots of parents.

I asked for one of the group forums which is in here, gaming is here (groups and discussion) and its very quiet in there ?? so why not education.

I'm willing to start a forum for people if you want me to?

I think considering there is a gender disappointment forum and gaming ones it does seem crazy that something as important as education is missed out. However the fact that society does not take education seriously is exactly why I will home-school.

I think considering there is a gender disappointment forum and gaming ones it does seem crazy that something as important as education is missed out. However the fact that society does not take education seriously is exactly why I will home-school.

This :(

I am not currently homeschooling but I am all for learning at home and stuff and would have loved to see a sub bored. It would certainly get used x

Edited

Please read the forum rules

Whilst linking to personal blogs, profiles, petitions and charity pages is not against forum guidelines, threads made solely for publicising these pages do contravene our 'self-publicity' and 'advertising' rules, and will be removed (you may however place a link in your signature).
You may not link to third party forums, chatrooms, competing pregnancy/parenting resources, competing groups/pages or unapproved social networking Web Sites (Example: Formspring.me. The only approved sites at this time for personal pages only are: Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, YouTube, Myspace).

I home school my 5 year old and am needing some advice. My son doesn't do well with making his letters. Is there anything I can buy to help him with that? I know he is young and is new to learning stuff but I just think he would improve from a little extra.

Scott has learnt all his letters and sounds with a wooden board like this https://www.woodentoysuk.com/images/ABC_board_30.1190.jpg . You can use the letters to label things in the house , practice sounds, use them to practice writing, I also use the work books in the children's magazines and cut them up later for ideas. The magazines also have good freebies with letter stamps and word making games although they are normally special edition and a little more expensive. Scott is 3 years and 3 months and he knows all his letters, sounds, can tell what words begin with and pick out letters individually

We been turned down again for an education type section , not even just for home schooling for everyone. :( So this thread is all we have.

I have been looking for one! I think it's essential as our children are getting older. I can't home school but education is really important to us and will be a focus in our home.

I home school my 5 year old and am needing some advice. My son doesn't do well with making his letters. Is there anything I can buy to help him with that? I know he is young and is new to learning stuff but I just think he would improve from a little extra.

Do you mean actual letter formation? Something like Montessori sandpaper letters would be great for that, as he could trace them with his fingers.

Do you mean actual letter formation? Something like Montessori sandpaper letters would be great for that, as he could trace them with his fingers.

I mean he cannot seem to write them like he should. He does great with everything else but for example his K turns into a M when he is trying to write it.

He could. I have double deficient and my daughter has it.

I have dyslexia and I had to spend a lot longer that the other kids in school practising letter formations. For me it was a case of practising on worksheets. Here is a good website with free printable worksheets...

https://donnayoung.org/penmanship/zb-letter-a.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->