Homemade food gifts-share your ideas!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Is anyone doing any homemade gifts this year? Food,drink etc?

I was thinking of doing some flavoured vodka as a little extra gift for some of my family...

Ideas welcome :flower:

Im going t be making Chocolate Orange fudge and Baileys Fudge :xmas14:

Fudge here too, I make a vanilla fudge and a chocolate fudge. It went wrong last year though it was all mushy (still gave it away though it tasted yum!!) so fingers crossed I get it right this time!!

I don't think I'm making any food gifts this year but previous years I've made snowman soups, fudge, giant reeses cup and mini Christmas cakes.

Just discovered sloes growing at the end of my road, so I'm making sloe gin for my brother. Also made some plum jam last week, so everyone gets a pot of that :haha: Will probably do some chutney, biscuits, fudge as well. We're on a tight budget this year!

I did brownie mix in a jar last year which people loved. And snowman soups. This year I'm not sure. Maybe doing s'mores as gifts for DDs nursery staff. Also saw this recipe on pinterest for edible coal sweets https://www.sprinklebakes.com/2011/11/christmas-coal-candy.html

I'd thank anyone for homemade shortbread. honestly!!!

I'm doing chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge bars and millies cookies again. I might do OHS mum a nuttela microwave cake in a jar. And usual gingerbread biscuits and rock cakes. I really want to make some shortbread. But it never turns out right. I have a huge family so I normally send round a box of bakes stuff for each house.

Fudge here too, I make a vanilla fudge and a chocolate fudge. It went wrong last year though it was all mushy (still gave it away though it tasted yum!!) so fingers crossed I get it right this time!!

How did you do it? Slow cooker? If so add 100g sifted icing sugar (just done that one last batch and it wasnt gooey)

I plan to do some gifts in a jar (cookie mix, sugar scrubs, my special dry rub that everyone loves etc...) and then I plan to make chocolates and try my hand at some fudge. :)

How did you do it? Slow cooker? If so add 100g sifted icing sugar (just done that one last batch and it wasnt gooey)

I'd love some slow cooker fudge recipes :)

I too would love some slow cooker fudge recipes!! I love my slow cooker and fudge, I can attempt to make as gifts but may eat it myself :winkwink:

Past things have been: peppermint creams, biscuits, mini Christmas cakes, mini mince pies, fudge, chocolate truffles.

This year I may make peppermint creams again as they're easy and you can make them look cool with colouring, wrapped in cellophane and tie off with a candy cane.

I made coconut ice last year! Planning on doing some more this year, aswell as peppermint creams and some fudge!

I too would love some slow cooker fudge recipes!! I love my slow cooker and fudge, I can attempt to make as gifts but may eat it myself :winkwink:

i use 400g choc (i use 200white and 200 milk....and for special occasions i use choc orange instead of plain milk)
Tin of condensed milk
Bung it in SC on high for 1 hour stiring every 10 mins, sift in 100g icing sugar. Put into a lined tray or whatever you prefer and set in fridge over night.

I am also making a few Crochet Happy Hippos one for my daughter and her friends.

I did it in a pan on the hob but I thought it might have been because I didn't get it to the right temperature, I tried to blame it on my husband for breaking the pan I usually use so that I had to use a different one haha! Had no idea I could do it in the slow cooker so I'm definitely going to use that tip this time, thank you so much :happydance:

Wow I am so excited about this fudge!! I normally just make seasonaly decorated cupcakes n sugar cookies.
Going to make this tomorrow to test it out n then go from there, i typed into google n found so many options so you can make a batch to suit each family member!! Amazing!!

Does anyone use silicone moulds to do in christmas shapes or cut into slices? If you cut into slices how do you make it presentable enough for gifts?

Wow I am so excited about this fudge!! I normally just make seasonaly decorated cupcakes n sugar cookies.
Going to make this tomorrow to test it out n then go from there, i typed into google n found so many options so you can make a batch to suit each family member!! Amazing!!

Does anyone use silicone moulds to do in christmas shapes or cut into slices? If you cut into slices how do you make it presentable enough for gifts?

Pizza slicer!! It has been a life changer for me

Last year I did chocolate covered pretzels, mint chocolate covered oreos, cookie mix in a mason jar, and white chocolate covered nutter butter cookies decorated like snowmen. I may add some breads this year, like zucchini bread or banana bread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->