• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hoping for a Sticky Rainbow in Winter 2015/16

I feel like I'm out for this month. Husband is feeling pressured now and having trouble and we got into a fight this morning. So I guess baby making is done for us. So he's left me to cry all morning and now I'm in the bathroom at work crying.

Aah hun, sorry to hear that. It's very stressful, TTC :hugs: You did BD in the few days leading to O though didn't you? Don't worry if you missed O day - both times I conceived my boys, I was on a "I give up" month and we only DTD once in my fertile window.

I'm on CD16, pretty sure I'm ovulating today. We dtd on CD12 and CD13. For some reason I just feel like it's too far away. I guess because last month we dtd 2-3 days before O and I wasn't pregnant. But last cycle wasn't a normal one either.. so I don't know.

I feel like I'm out for this month. Husband is feeling pressured now and having trouble and we got into a fight this morning. So I guess baby making is done for us. So he's left me to cry all morning and now I'm in the bathroom at work crying.

Aah hun, sorry to hear that. It's very stressful, TTC :hugs: You did BD in the few days leading to O though didn't you? Don't worry if you missed O day - both times I conceived my boys, I was on a "I give up" month and we only DTD once in my fertile window.

Sorry fairycat. Yeah. TTC is stressful. Last cycle I got in a tiff with my DH because he got "too excited" during our BD session on our positive OPK day. Let's just say the special delivery didn't quite make it to the mailbox.:haha: I guess I should be flattered? LOL.

I got upset because we can't BD as often as I'd like because he has a really bad back. So, I try to time everything just perfectly to the nth degree. Thing is, I didn't tell him that it was O day because I didn't want that to dampen the "romance." Plus, I don't want BDing to turn into a chore or a high-stakes performance for my DH....but that's exactly what happened. We had a talk about it and decided to just give him a heads up the day(s) I think we have the best shot.

Still, it's like walking a tightrope. How do people decide what to discuss with their DH's about TTC without stressing them out or making the whole process super clinical? IDK. :shrug:

I am being monitored on femara so I tell H after visiting the RE what days we need to have sex. I also confirm with OPK's so I keep him update to date as to what is going on. Even if I didn't, he know when I have my appointments with the RE and such and would be able to figure it out.

I'll be honest, I tell DH everything but its not like it ever feels forced or clinical. We are still having fun, just planned fun. I warn him that during my fertile period I'll want to BD at least every second day and once on O. I think sometimes the anticipation of knowing it's happening helps. He's yet to complain that's for sure! Of course the fact he wants a baby as much as I do means that he's willing to give it all we've got no matter what. I'm always super honest about where I am in my cycle, what we need to do for our best chance to conceive and how I'm feeling after ovulation. It works for us :thumbup:

I though hubby wanted me to tell him stuff, he originally told me he did. Now he says it's too clinical... exactly the word he used. Now he doesn't want to know anything. He claims it's because I told him I would O while on our trip (which basing it off my last few cycles, that was accurate at the time) so he "prepared" himself. Now that I'm telling him I didn't, and I am today he feels pressure? What's the difference? Seriously!? lol Well whatever. We talked and we'll try again tonight and if it doesn't "work", it doesn't work - we'll just hope his little guys last 3 days.

This is still my opk line today? Ugh...

Attachments

• 20151125_165048.jpg
    20151125_165048.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
Yeah. I think I just need to be more open with my DH. Another reason I tried to shield him from all the TTC planning was that it took some convincing to get him on board with trying (he's afraid he won't be a good dad...completely unfounded...he's a fantastic man...just has some issues with abandonment from his relationship with his own father). I think I was partially afraid that if it became a chore for him, he'd jump ship. It ended up just stressing me out which, in turn, blew up in our faces. LOL.

Lynanne- Maybe I should take a page from your book and just think of it as building anticipation? I could get into that!

fairycat- Sometimes I don't think men really understand the level of preparation, and sometimes guesswork, that goes into TTC! It's not exact science and it's not as easy as just BDing once and POW (unless you are super lucky)! When I finally explained to my husband all the things I have to chart each day just to guess at my O day, he was really surprised. Maybe we should show them "the great sperm race?" LOL. That would be an eye opener!

OPKs confuse me sometimes. Hopefully my temp is up in the morning.

Today would have been the due date for my second pregnancy if it hadn't resulted in an ectopic. Feeling a bit sad to be honest, especially as I'm not pregnant with my rainbow any more. The plan is to light a candle tonight for baby. I'm just hoping that we've caught this month and the beginnings of my real rainbow is right here.

Aw Lyn, that's so hard :( you'll be in my thoughts today.

So.... according to my chart I still haven't ovulated?? I'm so confused.

Aaw so sorry Lyn. The anniversary of losing my first angel is coming up next week too. Thinking of you today. Xx

Can I join please - 3 losses in total and last one was injanuary. Fingers crossed for us all soon!

How is everyone doing?
I finally O'ed yesterday and we dtd, so hoping for a Thanksgiving baby :D
1dpo today!

So at about 12 DPO my temp went down quite a bit. I'm just waiting for my period. I'm so incredibly upset and disappointing. I had a feeling this cycle wouldn't work, now seeing the proof is hitting me pretty hard.

I'm pleased to hear that fairycat!

Danser, so sorry that your temp has dropped! It's hard when you want something so much and you end up disappointed.

AFM - firstly, I just want to say thanks for the kind words for my due date yesterday. I managed to get through it okay although the tears hit me today instead. In other news today is DH's birthday so we've had a super relaxed, chilled out day together and are ordering pizza for dinner! Woo hoo!

Sorry danser, I had one of those months last cycle. Even though you didn't lose anything, it still feels like you did. Hugs.

Fairycat - Yep. You definitely O'd on CD 15! BD timing looks good! Fx'd for you! :happydance:

Lynanne- Hugs for you at this time...:hugs: The due date for my first lost is December 11. Not looking forward to that day...

Danser- Sorry about the temp drop. I have heard of ladies who get temp drops and still get a BFP, so hold on to hope until you see the witch.

AFM- I'm a bit frustrated with temping. I have a big temp dip today, no positive OPK's or EWCM yet (possibly some watery CM yesterday), but I slept with the window open last night. Had a dip the last time we slept with the window open, so I'm not sure if I should throw out those temps? Had a rise in temp day before, but I had slept in about an hour and half, so not sure about that one either. Ugh. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->