Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Thanks! Dh went in for his sa, but I need to call for results...which shouldn't they call me? I'm kind of waiting until after I O...dont want to put a damper on things I his results are not good.
After that I am going to see what this stupid lady says. If I don't like what I hear I am going to the doc I wanted to go to in the first place. I feel like this lady won't do much for me, I just want to finish all the testing she had us go through and see her final opinion on what we need to do next. Then if I don't approve I am going to the other doc.
I am imagining they would put me on clomid. I at least hope they do. Let's get this show on the road already!!! Lol

Stinas - when my OH got his SA done they said they only called if the results were not normal. They said if I wanted to know what they were I had to call because if they were good they do not call so I would think, if your doctors office does it like mine does, that it's a GREAT sign they haven't called you! I would call! I don't think it's bad news :) PMA!

Well good luck and I hope you get the answers you want!

Stinas, is your doctor a RE? If not, or if you are feeling unsure about her, I would go ahead and at least set up an initial consultation with the other doctor you have in mind. It can sometimes take weeks or months to get an appointment with a re as a new patient. At the very least, he can take a history and look at your tests and offer a second opinion. :flower:

She is an OBGYN...so maybe? I have no clue lol I have only been to her 3 times. Reason why I dont care for her is that she made me feel like I have no clue what my body is doing and she didnt really believe me when I said I have been TTC for over a year. She actually said "are you sure"....like really lady? I felt like I was this teeny bopper trying to have a baby...meanwhile im 27 and married.
I will make the apt with the other doc soon. I keep procrastinating. I have that problem.

Ash - I hope they work like that. I really do. Sometimes I feel like hes fine, others im like well maybe it is him, and then i feel like its just crummy timing. Who really knows. Hopefully I get answers soon. Im going to call next week sometime...hopefully by then ill have O confirmed.

Stinas make sure you go see a RE (reproductive endocrinologist). These doctors are ob/gyns AND endocrinologists who deal only with fertility patients. Most ob's don't know what they are doing, with regard to fertility.

Where are you located again? Are you in nj?

Daisy - Im in Bergen county....arent you too? Where do you go?

I go to RMA NY in the city, because both Dh and I work in the city, so I thought it would be the most convenient. There is also RMA NJ, and they have several offices. I don't remember all the locations... West Orange and Morristown are two. I think there are others. We have a whole RMA thread going. So far (and it's only been a couple weeks) we've have one bfp, and another girl going to RMA nj just had two embryos transferred from IVF. Hoping to hear her bfp announcement next week. I actually just got to hold a newborn RMA baby this week - her mom is the one who referred me there. Oh and, someone else on bnb that I correspond with got her bfp as a patient at RMA, she was just put on Clomid.

I need to look into it. If this cycle becomes a bust, I need to do something. I have waited long enough.

Hello everyone,
Did anyone find their AF was different after their HSG? I had my HSG this cycle just over 2 weeks ago and my AF is much different to my usual ones. My LP was shortened by 2 days (I don't chart but I base it on EWCM) and it is about 5 times lighter than normal. My first instinct is that I didn't ovulate but I just would like to know if any if you ladies have had the same thing xxx

Hi. My lp was actually a day or two longer and I chart. Af was slightly lighter than normal but I had no cramps or indication that she was on her way, which was different than other months. I knew she was on her way from charting.

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to follow up with a positive HSG story - I got my BFP on my second cycle after the HSG, so if it doesn't happen for you first time around, know that there's still lots of hope!

im hoping, unfortunately ive wasted my 1st and 2nd cycle post hsg on bum sperm. sigh

My doctor said that fertility is increased for 3 months after HSG - so I'll keep my fx for you!!

Hello everyone,
Did anyone find their AF was different after their HSG? I had my HSG this cycle just over 2 weeks ago and my AF is much different to my usual ones. My LP was shortened by 2 days (I don't chart but I base it on EWCM) and it is about 5 times lighter than normal. My first instinct is that I didn't ovulate but I just would like to know if any if you ladies have had the same thing xxx

I had my HSG 24 days ago and AF just got me yesterday, just one day early.. i found out that i ovulated by blood test on day 22 so i was really hoping this was it.. but the witch showed up.. shes about the same where days 2-3 are horrible with cramps and heavy flow (tmi sorry)
:dust:

I am doing my HSG on 13/4. Very nervous. I am just wondering can a person get pregnant after HSG? The same cycle? Cos I read tat the dye is not good, have to flush out be4 trying to conceive... is it true? I just dont like to waste another cycle

actually the dye is likely to help, more so with the old oil based dye. the issue is theoretically the radiation to the developing follicles.. but even that is felt to be highly unlikely to be a problem either

Another positive story.

I'm cooking a HSG baby :) I had my HSG 8/2 and got my BFP that cycle, found out the day I was due to go to the clinic for clomid.

Lots of luck ladies.x

It's been a long journey.... But after my HSG procedure (and 2 yrs of infertility) in sept '11, we found out we were expecting in November. Shortly after we discovered the pregnancy was ectopic. I received methotrexate shot (type of chemo) to dissolve the pregnancy and saved my left tube. We had to wait a few months to try again. In April we conceived again, this was the first month we were able to try. Sadly, we lost that pregnancy may 23, 2012. We conceived again in July '12 and I am happy to say we are 35 weeks pregnant!!! I really believe that I had blocked tubes that the HSG procedure cleared even though the results were normal!! Don't forget that there is hope!!!

It's been a long journey.... But after my HSG procedure (and 2 yrs of infertility) in sept '11, we found out we were expecting in November. Shortly after we discovered the pregnancy was ectopic. I received methotrexate shot (type of chemo) to dissolve the pregnancy and saved my left tube. We had to wait a few months to try again. In April we conceived again, this was the first month we were able to try. Sadly, we lost that pregnancy may 23, 2012. We conceived again in July '12 and I am happy to say we are 35 weeks pregnant!!! I really believe that I had blocked tubes that the HSG procedure cleared even though the results were normal!! Don't forget that there is hope!!!

Thanks LaineB, and congrats!!!! I have mine scheduled for next week. Is it painful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->