Hospital bag

I was told to do it by 36 weeks, so I had it mostly done then. Just finished up last night and it's in my car now. I just have a list in the kitchen of the few things I can't pack so that DH can gather them and bring also. It's a bigger deal for me to have a bag because I live an hour from the hospital and there's a standard 3 day stay even for vaginal births.

I haven't got a thing organised! Plan to buy everything I need this week & pack my bag with everything but make up, notes, iPad & chargers. Baby's furniture is arriving next week too, so once hubby has built everything & that is all organised, I will pack baby's bag too....gosh it is all starting to seem more real!

I wont be packing mine until at least 35 weeks, and even then il be taking everything out and in about 5 times checking ive not forgot anything :dohh:

I dont think im going to pack mine..i'll pack hers in the next few weeks after i wash her clothes but with mine i still need the things i plan to pack so ill just have a list inside my bag and the day im feeling is "the day" ill put everything in the bag and head out the door. I dont have much on my list anyway clothes and toiletries..if i wanted to pack everything now id have to go out and buy travel sized of everything i use daily and its not really worth the trouble im only going to be at the hospital 2 days tops. My sister was induced with her first 2 so she was lucky and actually knew when to have everything packed..i wish our due date was the exact day our baby would be here no earlier or later it would be so much easier to plan and get things done!

Bsby's stuff is all packed. I just need toiletries for me and i'll need to throw in clean clothes at the last minute as I don't have enough that fits to be able to pack some now!

with my first i had my bag done by 26 weeks all i needed was the phone charger on the way out the door. i'm 28 weeks now and haven't even started i'll probably start putting my bag in the next couple weeks just because i remember last time i took things out and added things 100 times before the time actually came...i also overpacked extremely last time so i'm thinking thats why i'm not as stressed about it this time

My husband wants me to have mine packed and stashed in the van by july 1st, which will put me at about 36 weeks. I think he's assuming we're not going to have time to get anything together once I go into labor.

With Aden my bag was done by 24 weeks as I had brought a load of things and just wanted to get them washed and packed in one go. Haven't brought a thing for this baby yet (i'm 30 weeks) and I probably won't until end of May as all of my money for the next few weeks has been swallowed up!

I'm just finishing off mine,i would say to all pregnant woman if they wanted advise on when to start (unless otherwise) the best time to start packing is 34 weeks, thats what my "pregnancy app" said when to start and i couldn't agree more lol! You have plenty of time, don't stress hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->