How long will you bf for?

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Anyone have a time span of when they plan to stop feeding? I did 8 months with my first and 2&1/2 years with my second. Considering 6-8 months this time xx

At the moment I keep thinking 6 months, that is mainly because I feel we may only just last until then due to all my little mans quirks, including only feeding in his room as otherwise he just gets too distracted. Not great with a toddler to entertain!

In a perfect world I'd like to continue until he is a year x

I go back to work when LO is 9 months and go on holiday when she is 6 months and don't want to worry about packing bottles and powder so I'm thinking about 7-8 months.

We go to disney florida when lo is 6 months and i'm worried about having to get my boobs out all the time :/ hoping to maybe have him on morning/night feeds and either formula/expressed milk in the day xx

I go back to work at 6/7 months so aiming to nurse 90% of the time until then then a few weeks before I go back I'll try and switch to expressing and nursing overnight. Ideally I'd like to reach a year but 6/7 months would be fine if that's what we get to! I only managed 5 weeks with my first then hit what I now understand is the week 5-6 growth spurt and went nuts!

2 years is my minimum, and I don't have a maximum in mind, although I'm quite keen for Alice to stop soon. While it still means a lot to her I'm ok to continue though.

2 yrs will be my minimum too, hopefully! I will follow her lead like I did with tom who fed until 16 months x

I fed DS until he lost interest at 16 months, I'll do the same this time. I'm not stopping until LO wants to.

For as long as i can! Until we're ready to stop, or something stops us. I have no minimum or maximum time.

I thought 2 years, 2.5 at a push. We're a couple of months off 2 years & Lauren still feeds very frequently. So I'm thinking 3.5. Which will probably change...!

I'm going back to work when he is 2-3 months old. I exclusively pumped with my first and I hated it. I dreaded coming home to that machine and having engirged breasts all the time. I think when I go back to work I will just switch to formula so I don't suffer. I don't think I can even pump at work if I wanted - there is no place. We have giant rooms we all sit in that's it. Not ideal but it's not easy being a working mom. Should have married rich instead of for love. Haha

Well I am hoping to keep going until it's right for both of us!

I aimed for 6 months with my dd and I stopped at 15 months (a couple of weeks ago) as she's been unwell and I wasn't sure how much she was getting from me anymore x

My goal keeps changing. Originally, I wanted to stop at 6 weeks, then 6 months, and now that she's 9 months old, I'm thinking I'll stop pumping at work at a year but keep going morning and night as long as she wants to.

My minimum is 6 months but I would like to get to a year. Just have to see what happens though :D

Minimum for us is two years. After that we'll see what she decides is best for her. If she wants to self wean before 24 months that is fine as well. But the way things are going now I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 3.5 or 4 when she is finally finished.

My goal was 1 year, and I made it :) She stopped at 13 months.

PS. Does anyone know how I can get that sparkly breastfeeding milestone badge?

I did 22 months with DS...not really by choice, in the end I had to tape up my nipples literally to get him to stop.
This time I plan for no more than 18 months

Im going for 6 months, if I can I would do 12 months. DS is a lazy eater and falls asleep on the breast a lot. Makes it hard to feed when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->