How many children is enough?

Everyone is individual - so if you and your OH are happy and can afford to, have as big a family as you want!

I also think that having babies is a balance between how many you want and how many your OH wants. When I was growing up, I always wanted around 3/4 children, my DH says he would be happy with 2 - so hopefully we will meet somewhere in the middle at 3! He says we will TTC number 2 soonish and then see what happens after that! Yipee!

I do think it is more of a hormonal urge for women than men - I am so broody at the moment, it is almost like a physical thing. I often wonder that when you are 'done' having babies, if the urge goes away, like you accept that your family is complete - or do you still have that urge within you for more babies? You probably do, but just move on. I don't know.

Good luck with making baby number four!

xxx

I have always wanted a large family, we are going to try for our 3rd in June and I know that when number 3 is about 2 years old I will probably be wanting another one.
I have always wanted a large family and would definitely be happy with 6. My husband is perfectly happy to go to 4 and says that any more than that will need deep discussion and thought but he isn't denying it's a possibility.

I agree with the above poster that as long as you can support your children and fulfill their needs then thats all that should matter.

I know someone who is pregnant with her SIXTH for me thats way too many, id like 3 tops (have one at the moment) but then I may change my mind who knows. I think it is all down to preferance and how many you can afford, she has a HUGE house but only lives on one income so unless he has an amazingly well paid job then im guessing they get alot of help but she said they will stop at 6!

:happydance: 6!!!! i think i might stop there!!

Go for it!! :thumbup: Its lovely seeing big familys with loads of siblings, I couldnt do it lol x

I don't think the urge for childrenwill ever go away for me, no matter how many i have.

Ever since I was little I wanted something to take care of...I got pet after pet after pet after pet, mothered my siblings, friends, aquantences, decided to become s nurse to mother strangers....some of us are just made to be mothers...and if you've got all that love to give and all that desire..I don't think it will ever stop. i don't have baby #1 yet...but I don't think I will ever want children less, regardless of how many I have.

i LOVE kids :)

I am pregnant with number four and KNOW that this is my last. I am done. I KNOW that my body can't physically or mentally have another after this. I didn't feel that way after number three. I remember leaving the hospital thinking yep I can do this one more time. I am only 12 weeks and already this pregnancy has been physically and mentally hard for me.

Hubby and I always want 3 or 4 and now we are on the way to number 4 I am getting through knowing it is our last.

When we were tossing up whether to go for number four I just felt that if I didn't that I think I would regret it for the rest of my life and at 34 It really needed to be now or never.

If you still feel that urge to have another baby I would go for it because you don't want to regret it forever. Good luck with your decision.:flower:

I am pregnant with number four and KNOW that this is my last. I am done. I KNOW that my body can't physically or mentally have another after this. I didn't feel that way after number three. I remember leaving the hospital thinking yep I can do this one more time. I am only 12 weeks and already this pregnancy has been physically and mentally hard for me.

Hubby and I always want 3 or 4 and now we are on the way to number 4 I am getting through knowing it is our last.

When we were tossing up whether to go for number four I just felt that if I didn't that I think I would regret it for the rest of my life and at 34 It really needed to be now or never.

If you still feel that urge to have another baby I would go for it because you don't want to regret it forever. Good luck with your decision.:flower:

thats exactly how i feel. i will be 37 in sept, so 38 when baby born. that will be getting nearer to the big 40 and when probs really start arrising.
good luck !!!:hugs:

I now have 4 twins boys age 7 a little girl of 5 and a 23 mths old little boy... i also lost a baby last october... after the loss i though that was deff it no more but over the last week or so i have the urge again... i wish i didnt keep feeling like this...
help:wacko:

I now have 4 twins boys age 7 a little girl of 5 and a 23 mths old little boy... i also lost a baby last october... after the loss i though that was deff it no more but over the last week or so i have the urge again... i wish i didnt keep feeling like this...
help:wacko:

sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:

its so hard to make a decision not to have anymore children. it s closing a whole chapter of your life. i certainly don't feel ready to say no more babies. Does your Dh want more children? is it a possibilty?
if answers are yes then i'm guessing why not?
but then like i said initially at some point you have to say no more and be happy with what you have. which i am more than happy with my children, i just can't help wanting another.
perhaps have a date in mind say another 6 months and if you still feel the same then talk about another. maybe you'll change your mind!
anyway :hugs: not sure i'm any help as feel similar. X

Im 32 and have a little boy who is almost 18 months and im 28 wks pregnant with a girl. Me and my oh have said we would love more children but will probably wait until these two are a little older and maybe starting school then have another 1 or 2. I think 4 will be plenty but who knows i think as long as you love and support your children it isnt anybody elses buisness.

i have a son whos 15yrs old ive longed for another baby ttc 14yrs now mc last yr was heartbroken now im on my first cycle of ivf/icsi started down regs 8th march so hopefully will get my bfp on the 27th april

I want 4 :)
That's always what I have wanted and nothing will ever change that. No one can ever tell you YOU'VE got enough children. Its your life, your body, your decision.

Good luck sweetie :) xx

I think probably 4, but hubbys keen on 6-8, so somewhere in there!
Im from a big family so its what im used to, but we want to be sure we can provide for them all as well:thumbup:

You have as many as you want my lovely! As long as you have enough space at home and your not completely brassic. I think it takes a special mummy to want, and be able to care for multiple children. Your children are very lucky to have you, OH and their brothers and sisters!

xxx

I want 4 :)
That's always what I have wanted and nothing will ever change that. No one can ever tell you YOU'VE got enough children. Its your life, your body, your decision.

Good luck sweetie :) xx

Yay!!:happydance:
thanks. I totally agree!!:thumbup:

i have a son whos 15yrs old ive longed for another baby ttc 14yrs now mc last yr was heartbroken now im on my first cycle of ivf/icsi started down regs 8th march so hopefully will get my bfp on the 27th april

so sorry to hear this!!:hugs:
I wish you all the luck in the future!! XX

I think probably 4, but hubbys keen on 6-8, so somewhere in there!
Im from a big family so its what im used to, but we want to be sure we can provide for them all as well:thumbup:

wow he wants 6-8!!! i wish my dh did!!
I think 4 will be my number!! too!!

You have as many as you want my lovely! As long as you have enough space at home and your not completely brassic. I think it takes a special mummy to want, and be able to care for multiple children. Your children are very lucky to have you, OH and their brothers and sisters!

xxx

Aww thanks!!:hugs:
i do have to admit the kids will have to have bunk beds, but they seem very happy about that!!:thumbup:

babesx3 it's as if i've written all your posts!
i have 3 children and i want another one soon but i'm worried i wont be able to stop ..how can i say no more??

I only have one little one so far and he's my world!!! I tend to get baby crazy a lot, Poor hubby! I don't know at what point I will be done(him either for that matter!) I'm worried even 2 more may not satisfy me! We just have to plan when the right time is so I can go to school for my RN. I don't even think I will be able to hold off for long at this point! I think to each their own, as long as you've got the love, the money & sanity to spare-go for it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->