How many kids do you want and what gender(s)?

Hi ladies,

Hubby is one of two and he has an older sister, and his dad is one of 6 I think, 3 of each. I'm an only child so who knows lol.

I posted before about possibly wanting 3 and hubby and I were talking today and it would appear that he was having the same thoughts lol :wacko: It looks like after we are successful with our 2nd (god-willing) we'll be trying for '2 under 2' - I think we must be crazy. I think I'd still like a boy next as a little brother for Earl would be brilliant, but either would be a blessing.

I'm seriously excited about adding to our family generally. Earl is such a bundle of fun.....but I think we must be mad as he's a handful too! :haha:

Eh, you're not mad. A tad on the crazy side maybe :winkwink: but not mad. I am excited about adding number 3 and even though we have decided that we will be done after that I sometimes fantasize about having 4.

Eh, you're not mad. A tad on the crazy side maybe :winkwink: but not mad. I am excited about adding number 3 and even though we have decided that we will be done after that I sometimes fantasize about having 4.

Hubby said that we'll end up with a brood - 'it'll be great!' :haha:

Good luck on you quest for number 3 - I love your names of your LOs by the way! :flower:

You'll come up with something when the time comes, it will pop out at you I am sure. When we chose Cormac we honestly didn't think about how it would go with Tiarnan, they just happen to fit well together.

I'm seriously excited about adding to our family generally. Earl is such a bundle of fun.....but I think we must be mad as he's a handful too! :haha:

If you are mad then so are half of us here. :haha: I know what you mean though, I love my son so much and think I would love another one because of how great he is (I know a second would not be the same as him but you know what I mean) but at the same time he is a real handful and I wonder if I am mad to even think about a second.

Nah, you're definitely not mad! :) He's a cutie - why wouldn't you want another? hehe

Six. I currently have five (boy, girl, girl, girl, girl) and my sixth I completely dont have a prefrence :flower:

I'm so sorry for your losses and hope you get your BFP soon. My OH and I would love 4-6 kids but we're still working on number one right now! Actually, we're preventing this month with condoms since our wedding is in 37 days! But we'll begin trying again on our wedding night and honeymoon!

OH and I would be keen on 3 or 4. I'm one of 3 (though my Mum used care for my cousins when I was growing up, so unofficially one of 5!) and hubby is one of 4. We are so used to bigger families that stopping after 1 isn't really something I think we'd chose to do.

Hubby is also a Fraternal Twin (twin sister) and there are quite a few sets of twins on my side (My G-Grandmother had two sets, and I have 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins who are twins). I'm one of three girls, so I would be more used to all of the same, but hubby's side are even stevens - two of each, and so far pretty even on the nieces and nephews side - 2 boys, 1 girl and 1 'yellow' who's arrival was due last week!

Actually we're now even more even. The 'Yellow' turned 'Pink'. She was born this lunchtime weighing in a pretty hefty 9lb 2. Not bad for someone who was supposedly underweight!

Not long til you get to say 'I get married this month' GOE. That's a great moment! xx

We want 4 kids (Unless we have all girls) Then we'll try with a 5th for a boy. We have a girl now and I am one of 6 girls on myside.. I just have a feeling we are going to have alot of girls. But I would be pleasantly surprised with something else. :)

I'd like 4....will be lucky to get 3, and most likely will end up with two :thumbup: No great gender preference but would like a boy :thumbup: xx

Ok, I obviously didn't read all of the post, lol.

The entire concept just makes me giggle a little. I've never had any luck getting pregnant when I wanted, so 'choosing' child spacing is a foreign concept to me. It's fun to imagine how your family will turn out, but you don't always have a choice. And, I'm a firm believer that any type of gender selection just doesn't really work.

With that in mind, I have 3 and would love more. I'd like a total of 5ish kids, DH was happy with 2, lol! But, seeing as how I don't get to choose whether or not I get pregnant, time will tell.

That's true that you can't completely decide how far apart they are! Cool thing to note though - in my hometown we had a baby born EXACTLY two years after her baby brother in the past few weeks. She was born in the same hospital room, delivered by the same doctor, born the same day (two years later), and even at exactly the same time of day according to the newspaper article...pretty cool!

We're wavering right now between two or three. Three is the absolute maximum however. We already have a daughter so a son would be nice, I like the idea of having one of each. But really as long as the baby is healthy that's all that matters to us, I grew up with three sisters and we were really close as kids even despite a large age gap between myself and my youngest sister. As far as an age gap goes, if we get pregnant soon my daughter will be just about 5 years older than her sibling, which is good for us, close age gaps have their pluses but personally I'm happy only changing diapers for one kid at a time. :)

in an ideal world where money grows on trees I'd have 4, 2 boys and 2 girls with 2 years exactly between all of them and the girls would be twins :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->