How many times are you up in the night?

LilyValley

Mum of 1, WTTC baby 2
Reaction score
Just wondering how many times your LO has you up during the night, what for and for how long. I'm a FTM and curious to see what nighttimes are like at different stages as I'm not very clued up. I know that all babies are different but I'm curious to see if there are any consistencies...

My LO is 12 weeks, he wakes me up usually between 1-3am for a bottle which takes about 30-45mins. He then fusses at 5am for his dummy and is up for the day at 7.15am without fail :).

Thank you for sharing x

Ohhhh how I envy you :lol:

At 3mo old, my LO would go to bed around 8pm and would wake around 12am, then was up every 2-3hrs after that. She used to take forever drinking her bottles (it wasn't unusual for her to take 60min+), it was exhausting!

We got excited a couple of times, when she slept through until 5pm around 4.5mo old, but she has never slept that long since.

Now she is 6mo old, goes to bed at 7pm, eats around 11:30-12pm, then she gets up around 5am, for another feed. Sometimes she wakes around 3am and I just have to put her back to sleep. She glugs her food down now though, which makes a HUGE difference!

i am up AT LEAST 10 times in the night, every night

I have it really easy! Since birth, I've only been up 1 - 2 times a night and only for a couple of minutes each time to readjust / put a boob in her mouth. Sometimes she's really wiggly and I have a hard time getting back to sleep, but not having to get out of bed makes a big difference in the amount / quality of sleep I get.

I would say 5x on a good night, maybe 10x on a bad one? I don't mind though, we're bedsharing, it's a lot easier than my reflux bottle-fed one was!! At least this one just goes to sleep after instead of crying!! :) And I don't have to get up and make bottles.

I have very low expectations this time :rofl:

1-10? :shrug: It depends really. Lately he's practicing standing in his crib so is waking up a lot more often :coffee:

I have no idea. We co sleep, I wake to baby stirring, pop boob out and fall back to sleep. Baby doesn't usually wake up fully so doesn't need getting back down to sleep again.

Normally 3, but she's been mass teething, cut four teeth and more to come. So since the last month, its changed between 5-6..

I'm usually up with my son 2 or 3 times a night. He was sleeping good through the night for about a month, now I think he's up more often due to teething. He wakes up for a diaper change & bottle

At 12 weeks I was getting up probably 2-3 times a night. At around 14 weeks my baby started sttn, and so far has been staying down. He goes to bed at 8:30 till about 7:00. I don't think this will last forever though lol

Normally 2-3, but with her sleep regression this week it's anywhere from 4-8.

My LO is 9 weeks and at the mo it's 2-3 times.

It has been twice for a few weeks now but think he's having a growth spurt as he's gone back to feeding every 2.5 - 3 hours so I'm getting up 3-4 times to feed the last few nights.

My Lo is 3.5 months. He stopped feeding at night a while ago. Goes to bed about 7 or 8pm & gets up at 7am ish. I get up about 3 times throughout the night to either give him his dummy or rewrap as he gets his arms out of his wrap and hits himself in the face.

i am up AT LEAST 10 times in the night, every night

Ummmm......WHAT!?! At a year???:( now I'm scared lol
I honestly don't know how many times I'm up. We cosleep and I just move and put a boob in lol but I would say around 5-10. Used to be 2-3 but 4 months came along and everything went crazy. At one point was up every 45 minutes. I haven't had a full nights sleep in over 5 months.

I'm up once any time between 12 and 3. My LO goes down at 7 and up at 7...I have to pump though because I EP so feeding/changing him takes 15 minutes and he's immediately down and then pump for 20 minutes...it isn't too bad.

At 12 weeks, he was sleeping usually 7-10 hours as a first shift and then topping the rest up to a 12-hour sleep.

At six months, he wakes up for the day 11-11.5 hours after I put him to bed, which is usually between 7pm and 8pm (though I prefer 7pm). He wakes anywhere from 4-10 times for a feed or comfort during the night, usually for about 15 minutes each time, and has done so for the past two months. :coffee:

none... my baby sleeps through the night...wakes up @ 7- 8am

roughly 2. I have to say that great improvement came when we moved her into her own room. When she was with us it was waaay more frequent

Baby girl usually goes down between 7-8 pm and wakes up around midnight and 5 am for feeds. She's 12 weeks.

Sophie sleeps from 6:30-6:30 and wakes to feed twice during the night, she's 15.5 weeks old. Has been like this for quite some time now.

She is starting to have a restless period around 5am though which is difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->