How many weeks (Mat pay)

CLH_X3

Love my two babies!
Reaction score
:flower: Im just wondering as I dont have a clue...

Say for example this pregnancy was all done and dusted and I was about to return back to work..

How many weeks would i need to work before i got company maternity pay AGAIN...

I **think** iv read somewere that you have to be working for the company 26 weeks again before your due the pay... but this includes you being pregnant aswell...

so for an example... I started work 1st june 2011, found out I was 4 weeks pregnant end of July...

would it count 4 weeks from start date then 25 weeks pregnant before you HAVE to tell your work which would mean you would of worked 29 weeks before you had to inform your employer.. so you would be entitled to more mat pay ?

Sorry if this isnt very well explained! :wacko:

not a clue hun sorry didnt want to r&r perhaps something to ask cab or your hr department?? x

You don't have to return to work at all to get an additional period of maternity leave, as you are counted as being in employment for the entire length of your first mat leave, and therefore you have the 26 weeks service you need.

Since mat leave was extended to 52 weeks, it perfectly feasible for women to go straight from one period of mat leave to another without going back to work (or only returning for a short period).

Whether you would attract company mat pay again would depend on their policy.

This link is really helpful: https://www.maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/pregnantonmaternityleave.pdf

I have heard that its if you have 26 wks continuous service with your employer by the 15th week before childbirth....ie you start work with them just before you get pregnant, then you qualify for Mat Pay.

I went back to work 5th Jan and got pregnant 28th Feb so am entitled to it.

Yes, the way you describe it is correct to me!:flower:

I read it as you needing a second period of maternity leave immediately after a first period of mat leave - is that correct? i.e. if you get pregnant again whilst off on maternity leave with the same employer you are intending to return to work for?

If it's just a first period of mat leave, then you need 26 weeks service by 15 weeks before your baby's due to be eligible for SMP. However you mention company maternity pay, which usually requires a longer qualifying period (often one year by 15 weeks before the baby's due, but it varies a lot from employer to employer).

However if it is a second period of mat leave with the same employer then your first period of mat leave is continous service and therefore you will already meet the 26 week requirement without having to return to work.

thats what im looking for ..

If it's just a first period of mat leave, then you need 26 weeks service by 15 weeks before your baby's due to be eligible for SMP

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->