How much ££ do you spend per child?

cazi77

Mummy to my 2 girls x
Reaction score
Sorry this has been asked before but just wondered how much everyone spends per child?

We spend about £100 on each of the girls and I try to pick things up in the sale when I see them throughout the year.

My parents say we get them far too much to but I do enjoy shopping for them :)

Around the same as you. May go slightly over or slightly under but aim for £100 mark

I don't budget. I think last year was around £400 per child. I say I'm cutting back this year but we will see.

We usually say 250 but sometimes more, sometimes less. This year their main present gokart was 110. They havent much else apart from lego which is so expensive. So 250-300max per child. They get money from most of the family so ours are only presents as such

I have budgeted around £75 for 4 year old and £40 for baby . I'm sure I will spend more when they are older .

They also will get presents from their dad and a lot of other relatives so do end up with a lot which is why I try not to spend too much .

I budgeted £80 for the toddler and spent £61. Budget for the baby was £50, spend was £40.

All in all probably £350 each if I'm counting presents, stockings, Christmas Eve bags, outfits and our grotto trip.

On main gifts this year I was budgetting £200 each for birthday and Christmas but I've spent around £50 more on actual gifts then their stockings etc are on top of that amount.

I don't budget as such. Probably far too much in all honesty. The little ones aren't so bad but when they're wNting iPads and x boxes it's very expensive. The little ones probably get less spent on them but more presents.

I thought meadow would be super cheap this year but I've actually went over budget with her easily �� I did buy her a mini micro I hadn't budgeted for because she's recently became very skilled on her brothers and they argue over this scooter lol

I spend around 300 each. This year though I'm almost done for my littlest 2 and still well under 200, and DS1 is almost done too and just under 200 so I'm going to aim for 200 for Ds2 as well. Then it will just be pj's and stockings. I'm going to keep the rest of their budget to one side though just incase there are any last minute wants.
On their birthdays they only get 3-5 presents and no more than 100. Got some major bargains for ds4 this year so spent 40 odd on his birthday! I also don't buy for them through the year. So I like to go all out at christmas. This is the first year ds4 has had the same amount as the others
I always think you should spend what you can afford without getting into debt or making things too tight for yourself in day to day life, and what you are happy to spend. Whether that be £50 or £500

I don't have a budget but I'm trying to keep the number of presents down and only get them things which they will love and won't just gather dust (they have way too much stuff). I think I'll probably end up spending around £150 each on DS and DD1 and £50 on DD2; that's including stockings but not counting things like Christmas pj's, bedding, craft stuff and books.

We don't really set a budget and don't worry with making sure they both have had the same amount spent as each other. DS is always more expensive than dd because he's into his techy stuff. We probably average at around £350-400 each including stocking ect. I know we go overboard but it's my fav time of the year. We are off to lapland for 5 nights in December to meet the real father christmas hehe

I don't budget but I try not to go over about £150-£200. Definitely going to try and stay under the £150 mark this year, but it shouldn't be too hard when all he wants is toy swords and a scooter (and an X Box, but I've already told him he can sod off :lol:)

Not sure what we'll be spending this year, it's £110ish so far (mainly because the science membership was £86) but I've still got half of his presents to get.

I don't set a budget but tend to buy things from the start of the year that are in the sale so I probably end up spending around £250 for DD. Baby will only be around 7 weeks old this Christmas so I've only spent £50 on him as he wont have a clue.

We also don't set a budget, we do spend a lot as both LO's birthdays are within a few weeks of Christmas.

I say £150 per child but this year ibam also getting a wooden kitchen as a joint present which is £150 including bits so more like £250 each (best not tell husband lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->