How much ££ do you spend per child?

I save from January too.
I truly believe no one should be made to feel bad for what they spend. Everyone says big budgets will make those who can't afford a lot feel bad, but then they try to make people with bigger budgets feel that they are creating spoilt brats who won't appreciate anything. I think if you raise them right all year then no matter what you spend on Christmas they will be grateful. And we all know that no matter how many gifts they get, the day you create and the memories you make are the things that will matter down the line.
Besides, I just can't help myself. My fingers are constantly slipping whilst on shopping sites ha ha

Couldnt agree more :thumbup: my boys would never demand anything or show no appreciation for what they get, alot of the stuff my boys get they dont even asked for :blush: this year Dec wants a laptop, thats all, Dan wants an xbox, neither of them have asked for anything else, I just have a slippery finger too :winkwink:

Ds1 and 2 rarely ask for anything. DS1 when asked will list a couple of bits. Mostly books and video games although those can add up, it's never a long list. DS2 last year asked for surprises and this year has said he doesn't know. Ds3 puts lots on his list, but he doesn't expect it all and everything he opens he shouts yay that's exactly what I wanted! Even if he never asked for it, and isn't faking as he wants it out to play with right away.

I haven't even started yet first time ever as I'm usually done by now!

Isabelle were spending between £200-£250 and Daisy around £50-£60

K's gifts are done (well I thought they were :haha: ) and so far it's cost around $310 but I plan to spend another $30 plus tax on a doll house set yesterday... then stocking stuffers and her Christmas Eve box.

J, I have no idea :( I have a budget of $400 for him including his stocking and box too... but he's so darn hard to buy for.

I originally said the budget was £100 each but we've bought things and ds1 has asked for a couple of different things, after us not thinking he would ask for anything! So I may increase the budget a bit.

About £150 for my two. This year they both have a tablet each at £99 so thats the bulk of theirs already.

Probably £200 on the older three each plus joint present of £400+, Orion has had just about £180 so far but a huge chunk of that is a high chair (he just needs clothes now).

We try to spend about £100 per child at the moment (I have a three year old and an 18 month old).

They get completely and utterly spoiled by grandparents and other family members, so it gets a bit over whelming.

We plan for a stocking and then one main present each.

I think it's going to get more expensive as they get older, but then the things in their stocking will become less expensive (chocolates, socks and a couple of bits and pieces instead).

I don't count I never have and never will. I'll say about £300-£400 each shockingly but I spread it out over the whole year so don't notice. My hubby would kill me if he knew but I get carried away and then panic buy at last minute

Will end up about £100 for Amelie and £200 for Callum as I have managed to find presents cheaper than I thought I would!

Hmm i would say three hundred per child last year we dint really budget just do what we can afford :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->