How much ££ do you spend per child?

I think it's easily done, like the big expensive gifts, for example a ps4. I would get away with that and a couple of games only taking 100 out of all 4 of mines budget and then they could still have a good sized pile each too. But if you have 1 then the whole cost of the ps4 is on their budget and I couldn't just give 1 gift, I would still want them to have a nice sized pile too.

I didn't budget this year, but am cutting back on number of gifts. I thought I'd not be spending all that much until I decided to make a train table for daughter and have found that tracks and such add up fast. I'm also building her a reading loft with playhouse underneath for her playroom and I'm sure that will add up once I get in to decorating it. But an actual $$, I don't know yet.

We've spent just over £200 on them each. Stocking fillers aren't included, or their Christmas outfit.

Yeah he is getting a laptop this year. So more than half the budget gone just like that. You are so right about everything coming out of his budget as he has no one to share with. I also think I do as I can't physically have anymore children that I feel I need Christmas to have lots to open as he has no one apart form us to play with on the day. Gone off topic there a bit lol

I've budgeted £120 each on my 2 girls including stocking fillers. We already have lots of toys and a not very big house which will have to fit another person and all their stuff in it soon lol :winkwink: I'm sure when they're older and want more expensive things the budgets will increase, yet the piles will shrink :dohh:

Yeah he is getting a laptop this year. So more than half the budget gone just like that. You are so right about everything coming out of his budget as he has no one to share with. I also think I do as I can't physically have anymore children that I feel I need Christmas to have lots to open as he has no one apart form us to play with on the day. Gone off topic there a bit lol

Spend what u feel happy with I say! You shouldn't have to justify it. I physically couldn't spend £100 on my son as he wouldn't have anything to show for it. We don't have a budget because his taste and latest gadgets change every year but usually about £300-£400. And our daughter is only 10 weeks old at the minute. (Adjusted age is 5 weeks as she was early) we are only getting her a few rattles etc. She has everything she needs we bought her a jumperoo and other stuff when it was on offer before she was born so she's not technically going without x

I agree, it's sad we have to justify spending whether it's 'too much' or 'not enoygh'! I imagine no one has resorted to crime to fund Christmas ��

I don't set a budget per se, I just make a list of what id like to get and what I know they'll love then try to hunt down the lowest price of that item! I spend roughly the same on each child but each year it varies. Their lists this year came to £560 each (that's everything including stocking, Xmas eve box and outfit) but with offers and discount codes it came in at around £420 each. Now onto the adults !

Mother of Boys makes a very good point. Only children do get more spent on them because they can't "share" toys. If I had 2 kids and wanted some new board games they'd get one each reality is I have one child and if we want a variety of games in the house then he gets more than one.

This year from us he'll probably get £150, but I've picked up bits in sales etc and all he really wants is a £15 helicopter.

Edit - Adding up what we have bought I'm closer to £250. Its so easy to loose track when your picking up bits all year.

Spend around 200-250 on the older 2 not including outfit and pj's and only spent around 70-100 on the baby mainly because I have all the baby toys from the other 2 so nothing he really needs

So stocking were around 20 each then I'd say around 200 on each of them. Having to think carefully about what we buy as we're off to lapland over Christmas so need all Santa's gifts to fit in our suitcases lol. The rest they will have on boxing day when we come home x

We're going to get lo a new bike which comes in at £180. We would have been buying her this anyway though, even if it hadn't coincided with christmas, seen as she's grown out of her balance bike and we're big on biking in our family.

I've spent around £80 on her other gifts with just a couple more stocking bits and a game to buy. I've really thought about her gifts this year and just bought her a few things I think she'll really like. :)

my DD's birthday is on the 31st December, so I'm planning on spending £350 on both birthday and christmas then splitting the presents :)

I never set a budget because I never stick to it :haha:

This year so far I have spent £279 on Dans xbox one, I will probably spend another £150-£200 on him (he is almost 18 so things dont come cheap)

I have spent just under £400 on Dec, the 3 downloadable games he wants for his laptop will bring it to about £450.

I have told myself this is all I am spending as we have an 18th birthday to organise 2 weeks after christmas :dohh:

I have 6 children and I try to keep to £250 each I save from January all the way to Christmas getting bargains but my eldest 4 are 14 11 twins who are 10 and there budget has gone way over as 3 of them have an iPad each and a bike and my eldest wants a ps4 it's ridiculous money thankfully my youngest 2 are 3 and 2 so they had around £150 each toddlers are so much easier to buy for

I save from January too.
I truly believe no one should be made to feel bad for what they spend. Everyone says big budgets will make those who can't afford a lot feel bad, but then they try to make people with bigger budgets feel that they are creating spoilt brats who won't appreciate anything. I think if you raise them right all year then no matter what you spend on Christmas they will be grateful. And we all know that no matter how many gifts they get, the day you create and the memories you make are the things that will matter down the line.
Besides, I just can't help myself. My fingers are constantly slipping whilst on shopping sites ha ha

I haven't set a budget especially this year when she has asked for lego. One castle is £60, the Ariel one is £50, houses £50 & then the smaller sets around £20-£30 so I'm stopping when the pile looks big enough.
I've managed to pick up the horse stable lego sets on ebay but even second hand lego is not cheap especially when they are retired sets.
Last year we spent hundreds on Sylvanian families only for Daisy to spend most of the afternoon copying jokes from the joke book in her stocking into her lockable 99p diary.
I think sometimes gifts that may not seem that exciting to us are often the things that catch their attention.

I've spent about £700 on my boy for the same reasons and because I am a shopaholic. My family moan and say it's too much and he is spoilt but he's my angel and if he showed off or asked for things then he wouldn't get them iykwim

I save from January too.
I truly believe no one should be made to feel bad for what they spend. Everyone says big budgets will make those who can't afford a lot feel bad, but then they try to make people with bigger budgets feel that they are creating spoilt brats who won't appreciate anything. I think if you raise them right all year then no matter what you spend on Christmas they will be grateful. And we all know that no matter how many gifts they get, the day you create and the memories you make are the things that will matter down the line.
Besides, I just can't help myself. My fingers are constantly slipping whilst on shopping sites ha ha

Couldnt agree more :thumbup: my boys would never demand anything or show no appreciation for what they get, alot of the stuff my boys get they dont even asked for :blush: this year Dec wants a laptop, thats all, Dan wants an xbox, neither of them have asked for anything else, I just have a slippery finger too :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->