how to make GRAVY !! immediate advice plz

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
just cooking sunday roast chicken and I forgot how to make gravy ( just a simple one ).
advice please
i got OXO, bisto,and flour. i just dont know how much i need to put in for each incredient:blush:

If you've got Bisto....all you have to do is follow instructions on the packet which just involves mixing Bisto with boiling water till the right consistency. If it goes lumpy at all...just sieve it:blush:

If I make 1/2 pint real gravy, I usually put approx 2 tbls fat from meat / butter in pan and add one heaped tbls of flour and cook for about 2 mins till flour goes brown. I mix 2 oxo cubes into 1/2 pint water and add this really slowly (or I end up with lumpy gravy :lol:) Sometimes I have to sieve it if it is lumpy :D

Then I'll just add pepper at the end to taste.

xx

The sieve is my best friend :lol:

I just put the roaster on a burner until it bubbles, then mix COLD water and flour in a bowl until I have a runny paste, and then slowly pour it in and stir it until its thick enough. It has to be hot liquid and cold flour/water or else you'll end up with a ton of lumps though. Then put gravy browning in

thanks a lot. now i have a few recipes for next meal as well,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->