Hurry up BFPs!!! We are ready when you are :-)

sarahkr,
Do you always cramp like this during O?
You're supposed to ovulate after the positive OPK. I'm not sure how the FM works, regarding lines and low and stuff like that... The pains might have been caused by everything gearing up to ovulate?
You'll get used to temping in the morning, it takes some time!

:flower:yeah, really bad, last month was my first ov, and it was that bad i nearly called the dr, but it started like that on thursday night, i'm convinced i ov'd then, but cramping all day yesterday, and today, af cramps :shrug: thats how i knew i was ovulating... dr re-assured me it was normal :wacko: i guess i'll just dtd still, for the next few days??? i did a smiley, two dark lines, but 0??? is that right? does a smiley get it wrong, as it never has in the past??? xxxx:hugs:
lol, i will remember to temp tomoz, before i jump up to pee xxx:hugs::hugs:

Blimey - I can't believe how many posts there have been! It's taken me a while to catch up! Lovely to hear what's going on with everyone though.

Twinmommy - I'm so glad the op went well - one less thing to worry about now! O:)

Susan - is the mammogram a pregnancy related one or a normal check up? I hope everything comes out clear.

Nina - I'd forgotten about this part of temping! I hope you don't mind but it almost made me chuckle as I know exactly that dilemma. I've had this debate with myself sooo many times in the cycles when we were trying and it's brought back those memories. I often find that I wake up randomly an hour or so before i was supposed to test and I would always take both. You could take an average of the two - maybe that's what you would have got if you had tested at your usual time. Looking at your chart that would still be well above where your cover line is likely to be. I know it's hard but try not to stress about it or you'll end up waking up early again and end up with the same problem tomorrow!:wacko:

I'm off on a bit of a holiday from today so won't be back on here until Wednesday - looking forward to seeing some good symptoms from some of you ladies by then....

I still have no sign of AF. I'ts now 5 weeks and a day since my op and nothing. Hurry up!!! (well actually maybe hold out until Wednesday :winkwink:)

nina- since i tempted at this time testerday, i just did it again, its bang on 37.00, so i guess its coming down... but i'll do it as soon as i wake, what does it mean? what am i looking out for? rise? dip? the same? i'm confused?? xxxx

Hilso have a lovely holiday.

Nina try not to stress about one temp. I had mine going up and down a bit in my tww when it was a bfp.

AFM my temp was low this morning. Its just random at the momeny and not telling me anything except my body is crackers lol xxx

nina- since i tempted at this time testerday, i just did it again, its bang on 37.00, so i guess its coming down... but i'll do it as soon as i wake, what does it mean? what am i looking out for? rise? dip? the same? i'm confused?? xxxx

Hi ok here is my limited knowledge on temping ....
Taking your temp any other time but first thing in the morning before doing anything does not count and tells you nothing . What you are looking for a your basal body temp , ( the lowest temp your body reaches after resting ) you can only take it after 3-4 hours of uniterupted sleep . Temp taking is designed to confirm ovulation , no other purpose . Basically if you temp every day at the same time every morning you will see that your temp will rise after o/v and stay high until AF arrives . You will confirm ovulation with 3 consecutive days of high temps ( temps before ov tend to be lower ) . After ov temps will remain high , if they remain high for 18 days post ov you are likley pg as progesterone keeps them high . Usually you will know AF is on the way if temps start to drop a day or two before she is due .

NB one temp tells you nothing you are looking for a pattern

hi ladies,

i hope everyone is well.

i havent been on here in a while.... from my signature you can see that i finally got my final answer as to what was wrong.

after being told i had a MC last week (which to be fair i did) i then woke up in agony on monday and was diagnosed with an ectopic .... i was told theres only a 1 in 30,000 chance of having both an interuterine pregnancy and ectopic.

i have now lost my left fallopian tube which i am devastated about.

my hCG was at 5000 but is now at 700 and im attending the clinic every 48 hrs to make sures it going down.

i was told to wait 3 months before i try again to get pregnant and i feel sad about that though i know i need my body to heal.

were any of you told to wait???? it seems so hard to understand what happened to me it feels surreal

dream- how did your first week back to work go?

Cmc how awful for you xxxxxxxx I've never heard of that before , must have come as quite a shock :( I'm so sorry for the loss of your two little souls xxxxxxxxx
Make sure your getting lots of TLC xxxxxxx

Cmc how awful for you xxxxxxxx I've never heard of that before , must have come as quite a shock :( I'm so sorry for the loss of your two little souls xxxxxxxxx
Make sure your getting lots of TLC xxxxxxx

thank you.

i had accepted the MC and was thinking of trying again as soon as possible. i was in so much pain it was unbelievable and the emergency surgery just frightened me.......now i keep thinking that i could have had twins:cry:

im scared now that only having one tube will mean i will find it hard to conceive and im at a 10-20% risk of having an ectopic in my remaining tube, though they did say it was probably a one off event. i guess i have to take the chance ... looks like i cant TTC till August:cry:

Cmc - sorry for your loss of your twins. Ive only got one working tube and got pregnant so try not to worry about your chances.
Xxx

thank you...... its seeing people who have only one tube get pregnant that will give me hope through this

c.m.c,
Hi Love,
I read about your ectopic in another thread, and I am so so sorry you had to go through that. <3
I hope you guys only know love, health and happiness :hugs:

And that goes for everyone here! :dust:

Cm my sister only one tube and has three beautiful children . AFM I got a + Opk .... So looks like ill ov tommrow ....... Onto the TWW ;)

CM I know it sounds like ages away but August is right round the corner ! 10 weeks .

Congrats on +opk left wonderin. Get bding! Good luck x

C.m.c i only found out i had a blocked tube in January and i lost my hope for getting pregnant even more but then got pregnant that same cycle. As long as u ovulate, u can get pregnant with one tube :) xxx

thanks for that leftwondering, so is there any point in me temping now, as i think i have already ov'd due to the amount of pain i had thurs,fri (smiley)and today... i'm in really bad pain, this happened last month :( god i dunno if i could handle that again:( xxxxx

Left wonderin,
Whoot whoot! Congrats on the +OPK, now, get busy!
:dust:

Cmc - I'm so so sorry to hear about your double loss. I have also had a recent ectopic so know the worry of surgery. I also have the dubios of honour of being a rare statistic. My ectopic was found at 13 and a half weeks. I'd had no spotting or pain until in ruptured and the surgeon said the chances of the baby making it was around 1 in 20,000. No idea if he's right but I remember feeling particularly unlucky. I'd have much rather have had my 1 in 20,000 being a small lottery win!
Did you have key hole or an incision?
My surgeon said we could try straight away (even though I had the laparotomy) though he recommended waiting one cycle so it could be dated. He also said that despite having only one tube your chances are not halved. As long as you still have both ovaries the remaining tube can pick up the egg from the opposite side. It doesn't happen everytime but around 15-20% of the time (I might have remembered the exact % incorrectly but it was definitely around that range). I didn't really believe him at first as it wasn't what I learned in biology class ( and my biology degree lol!) but I researched it when I got home and he wasn't telling porkies!!!
Please don't be too disheartened - us one-tube wonders will get our BFPs together soon.
Take it easy after your surgery. xx

ps sorry for any typos, I'm typing on my phone and am hopeless

Sarah - if you've not temped before I would take your temps even though you have already ovulated, at least for a couple of cycles ( unless you get your bfp first!) as it will help you learn how your body works and what is your typical post ov range. Everyone has a different range so you won't be able to compare absolute temperatures with anyone else. Good luck - it is quite fascinating! Maybe I'm just a geek but I find it fascinating at least!

Leftwonderin - great news for your. +opk. Now stop checking this board and get bding! ;-)

hilslo,
I've heard that the good tube can pick up the egg from the opposite ovary, but can you explain exactly how that happens? Are the ovaries that much closer than in all the pictures we see?
This is interesting, but I'm sorry and understand if it hurts to talk about...

Our bodies ARE amazing, if we just look at all the little signs it's sending us, we'll get pretty much all the information we need. Incredible! The body is amazing. Just look at how it makes life! Now that I've gone through it, I realize, and appreciate it even more. I can't wait to hold the life I make <3

I'd temp. O pain isn't necessarily a sign you've ovulated.

Hi ladies,
You really have been chatty! I had a lot of pages to go through ;)

Nina - How I understand the thing with the birds! I've been waking up around 6 am this week with birds and sunshine; and couldn't decide at all what to do!

Sarah - Your hormones might be quite messed up after the MC. Maybe you haven't ovulated still?! I'd really reccommend temping too. It takes a little time to get used to at first, but after some time you automatically reach for the thermometer, even before opening your eyes :) Fertility Friend is a great site and has many tutorials and info on temping.

Charting Tutorial E-book

twinmommy - Glad the operation went well!

hilslo - Since you waited this long, I guess it's more fair if it comes after Wednesday ;) Hope you have a great time!

cmc - Sorry for what you're going through. I had a partial molar pregnancy which is like 1 in 1000 chance and had to wait until my HCG dropped to negative. It did in 10 weeks, but we want to wait for a couple of cycles to see whether I have a short follicular or luteal phase (shortish cycles, around 24 days, before MC). We will also start TTC in August. Hope we both get our BFPs quickly!

Left wonderin - Congrats on the +OPK! Now go and get busy ;)

AFM - I think I am about to O, since I have EWCM, and had partial ferning this morning! I'm not getting any +OPKs, but since I'm reading many women don't get one with the cheap ones (just as Nina), I'm thinking of investing in the smileys for the next two cycles. I hope my temp rises tomorrow morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->