I have a really, really silly question to ask...

if they dont they dam well should......
its should be the law! xxx

and OMDZZ :)haha:) ITS PANCAKE DAY ON TUESDAY!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Wooooooooooo i Love pancakes! yum yum yum yum yum

do they do pancake day in america, or any other country in fact :wacko: ?

We have pancake day in the US (thank God)...Alex (DH) says it's the 28th or sometime abouts...

Only they do American pancakes, so I'll be making a nice load of crepes with sugar and lemon juice! :D

xx

I don't think we have Pancake Day, unfortunately... does that just mean you eat pancakes that day? Lol (NOTE: I guess we do have one! Lol!)
However, Denny's had a "free grand slam day" last week.. I heard it was packed to full capacity in their restaurants. Gran Slam = a dish Denny's serves with eggs, pancakes or toast, bacon and sausage (or you can switch around combos with like oatmeal or grits or something). It's DELICIOUS.

BTW: To everyone who has gained any weight because of reading this thread, I am terribly sorry. I have been snacking so much! xD It all sounds so yummy.

I don't think we have Pancake Day, unfortunately... does that just mean you eat pancakes that day? Lol (NOTE: I guess we do have one! Lol!)
However, Denny's had a "free grand slam day" last week.. I heard it was packed to full capacity in their restaurants. Gran Slam = a dish Denny's serves with eggs, pancakes or toast, bacon and sausage (or you can switch around combos with like oatmeal or grits or something). It's DELICIOUS.

BTW: To everyone who has gained any weight because of reading this thread, I am terribly sorry. I have been snacking so much! xD It all sounds so yummy.

IHOP has free pancakes on pancake day :winkwink:

https://www.ihoppancakeday.com/

IHOP has free pancakes on pancake day :winkwink:

https://www.ihoppancakeday.com/

OH MY GOSH.
That is incredible lol. I'm so going.

pancake day is shrove tuesday, the day b4 ash wednesday lol
And well done Char, u keep the englishness going....
pancake say ur meant to pancakes for dinner.
And there meant to be what u call 'crepes' coz its based on the tradition that when the ancients went on there walk for 40 days/40 nights they had to use the last of there supplies coz they couldnt carry it with them, which was flour, milk and eggs so they mixed em together and fried em thin and nowadays we have them with lemon juice and sugar/butter and sugar/orange juice and sugar etc smothered on them and rolled up...mmm tasty
:mrgreen: xxx

The Denny's grandslam has something to do with the Superbowl I think.. I know they advertise it every year during the Superbowl :shrug:

I didn't know they had a free pancake day!! If I'm not in labor and remember I'm soo going there!! I'll be 39+6 but what the heck :winkwink:

pancake day is shrove tuesday, the day b4 ash wednesday lol
And well done Char, u keep the englishness going....
pancake say ur meant to pancakes for dinner.
And there meant to be what u call 'crepes' coz its based on the tradition that when the ancients went on there walk for 40 days/40 nights they had to use the last of there supplies coz they couldnt carry it with them, which was flour, milk and eggs so they mixed em together and fried em thin and nowadays we have them with lemon juice and sugar/butter and sugar/orange juice and sugar etc smothered on them and rolled up...mmm tasty
:mrgreen: xxx

YES! The American Pancakes are WRONG!! :rofl: :haha:

xx

The Denny's grandslam has something to do with the Superbowl I think.. I know they advertise it every year during the Superbowl :shrug:

I didn't know they had a free pancake day!! If I'm not in labor and remember I'm soo going there!! I'll be 39+6 but what the heck :winkwink:

Maybe they'll give you extra, you'll need the energy!! :thumbup::haha:

Its funny how UK, USA, Canada, Australia and not sure about others but all speak 'English' yet they are all kinda different haha! like English say boot (back of car) Americans say trunk lol!
Funny thought!
xxx

When DH tries to correct me, I remind him he's speaking MY language...It's not my fault if he wants to butcher it! :smug::haha:

:rofl: trunk! Sidewalk, subway, cop, cab...
Its boot, pavement, underground, policeman and taxi! :rofl:

We DO use some of those.. :shrug:

I'd probably totally confuse the hell out of people if i ever went to the UK :haha:

:rofl: trunk! Sidewalk, subway, cop, cab...
Its boot, pavement, underground, policeman and taxi! :rofl:

Boot? We use all of those except boot. If you said boot here people would think that you're referring to your shoe lol

lol its mad how its all so different even though we speak the same language. my step dad is canadian and i used to make him say things to see how it sounded :haha:

this thread is really long for just bein about food :p

noo i meant you say trunk we say boot, the ones on top are what you say the ones on bottom are what we say ;) jello for jelly and you call jam jelly! That confuses me!lol

noo i meant you say trunk we say boot, the ones on top are what you say the ones on bottom are what we say ;) jello for jelly and you call jam jelly! That confuses me!lol

Yeah i posted that too, for 16 years i though Peanut butter and jelly sanwiches were sanwiches with peanut butter and jelly :wacko: .. no the wonder it seemed wrong ! Jelly in a sarnie :nope:

:rofl:

Here the most popular ones are.. New york style, Strawberry, Turtle & Marble
But I'm not an expert on American cheesecake..
Turtle is definitely my favorite :winkwink:

What is turtle cheesecake?? Like what flavour?? When you're saying turtle all I can think of is the animal!! xx
According to google it's like a mix of chocolate and caramel.. I really don't like caramel and I don't taste the caramel at all..
It's like a mix of sweet chocolately flavors ok?! I don't know how else to describe it :haha:

Mmmm that sounds yummy I love both chocolate and caramel. My fave flavour of cheesecake is lime but I had a chocolate malteaser one once and it was SEXY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->