I must be bonkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wriggley

Reaction score
Im officially crazy!

Every year I make the mistake of buying so many presents that they barely fit round the tree :shock:. the stupid thing is neither of our boys are particularly toy playing kids.... toys don't hold their attention for very long and they get bored... they much rather be out and about doing things then playing in doors with toys.

As a result a lot of toys they receive at xmas and birthdays don't get played with and stay sat in the cupboard and toy boxes... complete waste of money.

This year i am determined not to go over board as One - A lot of money is wasted on toys that never get played with and two - my oldest is now at the age where he remembers things further back and I don't want him to remember previous xmases for their mountains of presents as I worry it will always be expected.

We have just gotten back from a week at Butlins for my sons 4th birthday. We have taken him there for his 2nd 3rd and 4th birthday and just got him a few presents to unwrap... He gets so much more out of doing this and we always come home with fond memories!

We are going back there in Dec before xmas for a christmas fantasy weekend. But due to a new job and fact OH had 8 days off for this holiday just gone. he will not be able to come on this holiday with us (he's a lecturer so he generally has to take his holidays during half terms and school holidays etc...). But me and the boys are still going as we are meeting a friend and her girls who i met on here (bnb) which I'm really excited about as due to distance we haven't seen each other in over 18 months! :(

Anyways OH was a bit sad that he can't come with us so we have decided to book to go AGAIN on the 27th (2 weeks later :rofl:) for their new years party holiday :happydance::happydance::happy dance: as its during OHs time off.

Im SOOOO excited! - we NEVER do anything for new years. we normally sat at home itching for it to turn to midnight so we can say happy new year and go to bed :rofl:

Seems crazy going twice in one month but we would much rather spend money enjoying something as a family then wasting money on toys that won't get played with. of course they will still get a pile of presents xmas day but will be a fraction of the amount they would normally get...

Im also chuffed because i went on the website to get a quote. I requested a call back and they added some extra discount for me because we go so regular (also went at easter!) and the price he came out with was a good 200+ less then the quote I got :happydance::happydance::happydance::happy dance:

That sounds awesome, although you're a brave lady going on holiday without your OH to help :haha: You go to Butlins in Minehead right? I love it there, we're off there next July once the kids break up, we usually go yearly but skipped this year. Been going since I was little myself :D

ahh, that sounds great!
We went to Butlins for the day just before school went back in September & I thought
the food seemed soooo expensive, but I guess if you stay you can take your own?

Omg that sounds so fun! I've been begging dh to take us to butlins too.

When they get older they'll look back and remember the experiences, not toys. I think that's brill and very (really much) jealous!! :happydance:

Yeah we go to Minehead :) We really do love it there... my oldest LOVES going... he sat so patiently on the way for his 4th birthday (it took us about 6 hours to get there) and as soon as he saw the top of the tent he SCREAMED and started shaking he was so excited and our youngest really enjoyed it this year too.

sounds like your gonna have a fun month! i'm sure the kids will love it!
i agree for my oldest's 4th i took him for a weekend away to thomasland and twycross zoo. he got a few small gifts to open but nothing much and he still talks about thomasland now (his birthday was in may) whereas i know toys would have been shoved in a toy box.
he wants to go to lego land next year.

Sounds like fun even though I have no idea what Butlins is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back