'I ran out of cellotape' and other pet peeves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
After running out of cellotape wrapping tonight, It made me think of all the christmas pet peeves I have!!

Not being able to find the end of the cellotape is probably my biggest!!

Whats yours?!

Putting the pen or scissors down next to you and then when you reach for it, it's gone! Just disappeared! lol always happens when I'm wrapping! :dohh:

Putting the pen or scissors down next to you and then when you reach for it, it's gone! Just disappeared! lol always happens when I'm wrapping! :dohh:

This happens to me all the time! Thought I was alone :haha:

Haha I know that one very well!

My Mum was wrapping last year and lost the scissors, they just vanished, of course I got the blame...she'd only wrapped them with the present she was wrapping and found them christmas day :dohh: x

i hate people asking me why i bought DS what i bought him as he is only 2 and would be fine with just a box its called none of your business ok lol

-arghhh the scissors! I KNOW i put them down, RIGHT there! now i have to move everything to find them!
-cutting paper for something big, and it end up like 1.5 cm's too short!
-also as previous poster said, people having their "opinions" on what you have gotten your kids! Was talking to my best friend about presents (she has 3 kids herself) and read out lexies list only to be met with "thats too much, why would you get her a horse (£20 sit on horsey) AND a bike? Cant you hold some over to her birthday? You should hold some over to her birthday" whatttt?? She doesnt have much at all (Ive seen the stash pics on here :haha:) OH thinks shes jealous because shes only started her kids and doesnt have much yet but I wouldnt turn round and tell her she DIDNT have enough?
-I know its a bit weird, but people getting them really random things, then saying "ah they are really hard to buy for, I didnt have a clue what to get them!" ask me!! I have a wee list of inexpensive "extras" just for this purpose! Ditto buying clothes, you know my children are huge, you have met them, why would you buy them a size smaller than the recommended?? they take the size bigger than the recommended! ask me!!

My biggest pet peeve for Christmas is how nasty people get in the stores. It's ridiculous. You would think people would be nicer as they are in the Christmas spirit but no way...

I could be here all day hhaha
- The biggest one has already been mentioned, when wrapping the presents up I put the knife to a side and then once I've finished I can't find it again!

- Also mentioned, cutting the paper "perfectly" to find it doesn't fit by a few mms! :angry:

- Running out of wrapping paper half way through wrapping presents meaning I have to wait to wrap the rest!!

- People making comments about how much Kian has without realising he has a lot of playsets & added parts to go with them! Also the fact its not of their business what we spend/buy him. He's our child :D

- No mentioning any names but having relatives saying "I can't believe you've bought ________ so much, we can't return that much" I don't care about prices! Its the fact of being thought of at Christmas time that counts!

- People saying "you're a lot more expensive to buy for this year as I have to buy for you, DS & OH". Me & OH don't care about having presents as long as DS is thought of!

- People in the shopping centres :angry: always have their faces up their bums, snatch things off you, get in the way of the pushchairs etc.

Definitely running out of sellotape and not finding the end! Also something I've done a lot this year is really understimate how much paper I need fo a big present when wrapping, so cutting a piece too small then finding it doesn't fit round the box :dohh: then not having enough left on that roll to cut another big piece that fits!
xx

all of the above :haha:

xmas illness - someone is ALWAYS ill in the run up to xmas usually me or DS which means i cant go out and get all the last min bits i need!!!

What about when the cellotape splits down the middle like into a really small strip?? :grr:

pretty much all mine have been mentioned...

running out of paper/sellotape/tags so i cant wrap any more
putting things down and them disappearing
people saying ohh youve overspent again
ect ect ect

I put the scissors and celeotape up high on our fridge in preparation for wrapping....it can be there for weeks ....the night I want to wrap....gone...I will then give up after an hour...the next day I find them whilst looking for car keys lol lol lol

Holding the next bit of cellotape between your teeth ready for when you need it, then when you go to take it, it catches your lip and you end out with sore lips [or maybe that's just me lol]

Holding the next bit of cellotape between your teeth ready for when you need it, then when you go to take it, it catches your lip and you end out with sore lips [or maybe that's just me lol]

I've done that loads of times! I have barely any skin on my lips haha. Even worse that I've been wrapping up birthday presents too haha

For the girls having problems with finding the end of the sellotape and the scissors here's a tip for you - when taking a bit of sellotape off then stick the scissors (or pen) onto the sellotape then it cures both problems. And when finished with the sellotape ALWAYS either fold it under on the end for next time or stick a tiny piece of cardboard on the end.

So says the sellotape expert who has just discovered she has none in the house:rofl:

Definitely the selotape splitting down the middle and cutting a bit of paper a tiny bit too short

Cutting the paper too short
Losing the scissors or cellotape
The stupid way they wrap childrens toys with a million fasteners
The bits the tree sheds every year even though it's not real
Stupid bloody paper table cloths that don't sit right so I have to celloptape them down
Advent calendar doors that won't open
People's attitude. The closer to christmas it gets, the more grumpy people to be!
That moment when there is ONE present left to buy and you can't find it ANYWHERE!!!

OMG cutting the paper too short!!!! Or running out of paper when youve only got one more to wrap!

* when you catch your finger on the blade of the cellotape dispenser (ouch!)
* not buyin someone a present coz your sure they won't buy you one either then they turn up with presents :dohh:
* when your gliding your scissors down the paper super straight and right near the end it decides to snag and tear the paper :growlmad:
* when you only have one present left to wrap and no paper...means buying a whole new roll for one thing!
* when you've put loads of thought into someones present and its obvious they didn't give yours a second thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"