I think FF got my O day wrong, please help

Love love love the name! Beautiful!!!! We don't have a name yet, we change our mind a lot :)
My plans change with every month we don't conceive...:( Our general plan is I would stay at home with :baby: until he/she would turn 1 yr. My mom has minimum 5 yrs until her retirement :( DH would love 3 kids, one after the other...so the age difference is small, but seeing this is taking a bit longer than he expected we'll see whether that turns out like that :)
My temp dropped today so AF is around the corner..DH was so sad, he told me-maybe I'm the problem :cry:... I told him we're fine, this has been 6th/7th cycle ttc,but only 4th with good timing so we're good but the truth is my worst fear in life is that conceiving would be very difficult (or not possible) and it's always somewhere in my head..

:hugs: I understand how you feel. Statistically speaking, you only have about a 20 to 25% chance of conceiving every month. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. I am a little concerned about this as well, especially as I will turn 30 this year. My DH is much more laid back than I am. I just made an appointment with my OBYGN for the last week of March for my check-up. Let's keep our fingers crossed for our next cycle. March is a good month and it might be a lot more fun to be pregnant during the summer! :thumbup:

Sahnie

I am such a nerd in genral :laugh2:, I like to be informed and knowing the facts..so I know about chances every month and all that..that's why I started temping and all the other stuff- to feel more in control, to plan, organise, that's what I do, I feel safe when I know facts. But today it occured to me that perhapse I should let go (even the thought of it scares me!!:sad2:) and not do anything..atleast for a month. This month has been so emotional for me and I was way too preocupied with TTC. I'm not sure I'll do it (to be honest, I don't know if I can :)), it's just a thought..:shrug:
Although 30 is young, and it's very common to have babies even waaaay later, especially if you are preoccupied with your studies and/or work, I know what you mean..I always thought I would have (atleast 1 baby) by 30..maybe we shouldn't put that kind of pressure on us.. It will happen, who cares if it's 31 right? :hugs:

I hope you had a great weekend! It looks our cycles are pretty much in sync. I am on CD 5 and so far, AF has been pretty mild and easy-going. Except for today, my temperatures have been pretty low.

I had the weirdest AF ever, it was pretty light and today on cd3 it's almost gone. I thought about letting go temping and all thet..and I'm not ready yet...:) Maybe next cycle, just maybe.. :)
I had an awesome realization regarding my cycle...every other month is the similar cycle lenght and overall similar symptoms. When I ovulate from my right ovary I have a shorter cycle (28-32 days), the shift is very obvious and there is no dilemma, but when I ovulate from my left ovary the cycle is longer (34-37 days), and I'm always confused when did I ovulate as the temp shift is slow rise, and it feels as if my body is gearing up to O several times so my CM is present for a much longer period..This month it's my left ovary :(
How are you feeling? I've got some stomach virus :(

My AF is pretty mild. I think it is almost over! While still on the pill, I used to have very heavy and long periods of bleeding.

I think I am finally relaxing a little bit. I actually think taking my BBTs and using OPKs is relaxing for me: It helps me to be a little bit on top of what is going on and gives me something to do. It takes the guess work out for me. I may sound totally different during the two week weight. I have a good feeling about March!

Sahnie

I was on the pill for 7 yrs and I had medium, not very painful AF. When I stopped taking them my first couple of AF were horrible, so painful I would vomit and couldn't get out of bed..but now it's good. My first day and day before AF is painful but not that much, bleeding is medium..I can live with that...although I would love a 9 mth pass from AF :)
My boobs are still sore and full, normally when AF arrives they deflate and aren't sore anymore. Did that ever happen to you?

I was on the pill for 7 yrs and I had medium, not very painful AF. When I stopped taking them my first couple of AF were horrible, so painful I would vomit and couldn't get out of bed..but now it's good. My first day and day before AF is painful but not that much, bleeding is medium..I can live with that...although I would love a 9 mth pass from AF :)
My boobs are still sore and full, normally when AF arrives they deflate and aren't sore anymore. Did that ever happen to you?

Mine usually stay swollen and full until AF is over. The soreness usually goes away when bleeding starts. I would not mind a nine month break, either! My sleeping patterns seem to finally get back to normal. When I first came off the pill, I would wake up every other hour. Now, I only wake up once or twice a night! How is your stomach flu?

Sahnie

I'm better, thank you for asking :) Stomach flu is over :) I'm waiting for my temps to start falling. Normally I'm quite energetic and positive pre O,but yesterday depressing thoughts were bothering me..I was thinking when will it happen, will it happen at all, what if we cant't have children..oh..it took a lot of energy to get myself from that..I'm feeling more positive today :)
Do you have a list of questions for your ob/gyn? I'm already thinking what will I ask..:dohh:

I'm better, thank you for asking :) Stomach flu is over :) I'm waiting for my temps to start falling. Normally I'm quite energetic and positive pre O,but yesterday depressing thoughts were bothering me..I was thinking when will it happen, will it happen at all, what if we cant't have children..oh..it took a lot of energy to get myself from that..I'm feeling more positive today :)
Do you have a list of questions for your ob/gyn? I'm already thinking what will I ask..:dohh:

I am already getting a list of questions ready. I am on CD 12 today and will probably start using OPKs tomorrow. My temperatures have been pretty low so far, so the daylight savings time change has messed me up. How are you getting along?

Sahnie

I'm on cd 11, also will start with OPK's tomorrow. If my theory about my left ovary being the slow one is correct, this month O will be around 21-23 cd so I'm only halfway there :) so far I'm feeling realy relaxed and at peace, but that's always like that preO for me. Tww throws me out of balance :wacko:
Once again I'm determined not to symptom spot. Reading all these threads here, I think symptom spotting is the main cause of later great disappointment. Although easily said then done, I must map out a detail plan of distractions for the tww :haha:

I'm on cd 11, also will start with OPK's tomorrow. If my theory about my left ovary being the slow one is correct, this month O will be around 21-23 cd so I'm only halfway there :) so far I'm feeling realy relaxed and at peace, but that's always like that preO for me. Tww throws me out of balance :wacko:
Once again I'm determined not to symptom spot. Reading all these threads here, I think symptom spotting is the main cause of later great disappointment. Although easily said then done, I must map out a detail plan of distractions for the tww :haha:

Distractions for the TWW: lots of cooking, Easter preparations and reading, NO symptoms spotting. I am on CD 14, so you are only three days behind me! :thumbup: My fertile period starts on Sunday and hubby is on spring break next week. This should give us a lot of opportunity for AM Bding. Maybe, AM vs. PM will make a difference. I am really curious to see whether your ovary theory is correct. How can you tell which ovary is the more active? Let's prepare some TWW strategies to stay sane!

Sahnie

Distractions for the TWW: lots of cooking, Easter preparations and reading, NO symptoms spotting. I am on CD 14, so you are only three days behind me! :thumbup: My fertile period starts on Sunday and hubby is on spring break next week. This should give us a lot of opportunity for AM Bding. Maybe, AM vs. PM will make a difference. I am really curious to see whether your ovary theory is correct. How can you tell which ovary is the more active? Let's prepare some TWW strategies to stay sane!

Sahnie

Yes - lots of cooking! :) Today I made bread for the first time and I think I will remain in the cooking mode, especially during tww. Great for spring break! Perfect timing. That will give you the opportunity to not only BD when you want but to stay relaxed beacause you'll be toghether :) I've read somewhere that AM BD-ing is better because the swimmers are more active or something like that. :thumbup: My left ovary was once inflamed and it is little bigger then the right one. Although I have small number of small cysts on both ovaries, my left ovary has more then the right one, so that's how I presumed if one month cycle is better and the other is wacky it's because of the chanching ovaries, but that's one of my questions for ob/gyn check up in July (to see if I'm right).
TWW strategy - I love that! :) Let's see...hard core cooking as we mentioned..hmm maybe everyday 30min to 1hr going to walks with DH or friends? then maybe..twice/three times a week some activity away from the house like going to movies/theater/museum..? what do you think? Do you have some ideas? :)

Sahnie

Yes - lots of cooking! :) Today I made bread for the first time and I think I will remain in the cooking mode, especially during tww. Great for spring break! Perfect timing. That will give you the opportunity to not only BD when you want but to stay relaxed beacause you'll be toghether :) I've read somewhere that AM BD-ing is better because the swimmers are more active or something like that. :thumbup: My left ovary was once inflamed and it is little bigger then the right one. Although I have small number of small cysts on both ovaries, my left ovary has more then the right one, so that's how I presumed if one month cycle is better and the other is wacky it's because of the chanching ovaries, but that's one of my questions for ob/gyn check up in July (to see if I'm right).
TWW strategy - I love that! :) Let's see...hard core cooking as we mentioned..hmm maybe everyday 30min to 1hr going to walks with DH or friends? then maybe..twice/three times a week some activity away from the house like going to movies/theater/museum..? what do you think? Do you have some ideas? :)

It sounds like you have everything planned out for the TWW! I had my first positive OPK today (CD 19) and I should ovulate at some point on Wednesday. We'll try to get two more times of BDing in,for good measure. It seems that progesterone is already bothering me before ovulation and my sleep patterns start to get messed up again. :dohh: If I conceive this cycle, I would know on Easter Sunday, which would be cool!

My OB/GYN appoint is today in a week and my questions for my doctor are so far:

1) 5 months of trying and no BFP: Effect of 15+ years on the pill?
2) Do I have enough cervical mucus?
3) Second half of cycle progesterone effects: Disturbed sleep, acne
4) Luteal phase of ten days: Too short?
5) Is there anything we should do / change to get BFP?
6) Show my BBT charts

For the TWW wait, how about reading a book? We could choose a book together, read it and have it finished during the TWW?

How are you doing? Any positive OPKs yet?

Sahnie

I'm doing great. I had an active and fun weekend :) Today is cd 18 for me. Yesterday I had OPK which had both lines pretty dark but I didn't count it as a positive OPK because I get much darker lines normally and I think I will O in 3-6 days from now (+ I don't want to confuse FF :haha:), but I did get those annoying pre O acne :growlmad: On the plus side I'm already having loads and loads of EWCM. It's crazy the amount of it :happydance: maybe the grapefruit juice is making the differenece after all..but my body needed 2 months to get in touch :haha: or maybe it's just a coincidence..
Those questions are excellent Sahnie, I'm curious to hear what will you ob/gyn tell you.. :thumbup:
How are you feeling? Are you trying the SMEP again? We are.
I love the idea of reading a book together. Do you have any suggestions? Last month I've read Fifty shades of gray, the book isn't good but it's good for ttc if you know what I mean :haha: I've heard that Life of Pi is very good...or should we go with something like What to expect when your expecting? :shrug: Hmm, perhaps better not - I don't want to jinx it :haha:

I'm doing great. I had an active and fun weekend :) Today is cd 18 for me. Yesterday I had OPK which had both lines pretty dark but I didn't count it as a positive OPK because I get much darker lines normally and I think I will O in 3-6 days from now (+ I don't want to confuse FF :haha:), but I did get those annoying pre O acne :growlmad: On the plus side I'm already having loads and loads of EWCM. It's crazy the amount of it :happydance: maybe the grapefruit juice is making the differenece after all..but my body needed 2 months to get in touch :haha: or maybe it's just a coincidence..
Those questions are excellent Sahnie, I'm curious to hear what will you ob/gyn tell you.. :thumbup:
How are you feeling? Are you trying the SMEP again? We are.
I love the idea of reading a book together. Do you have any suggestions? Last month I've read Fifty shades of gray, the book isn't good but it's good for ttc if you know what I mean :haha: I've heard that Life of Pi is very good...or should we go with something like What to expect when your expecting? :shrug: Hmm, perhaps better not - I don't want to jinx it :haha:
I had tons of EWCM, too this time around! This time, we tried to BD every day on the four days before O. Poor FF thinks that I ovulated three days ago, we I think is bogus. I had a positive OPK yesterday morning, but it turned negative last night. So I think that I actually ovulated at some point yesterday or during the night. I am actually thinking about taking my temperatures only for three more days to confirm that I ovulated and then stop for the rest of the recycle. This way, I will not get so stressed out at the end of the cycle when the temperatures start to drop. What do you think?

About reading a book, what kind of books do you like to read? I read mostly fiction with a happy end!

That's a great idea! Maybe I will do that too this cycle to preserve myself from the tww craziness :) Although I will temp 5-7 days after O because this cycle remindes me of my January cycle and will probably be weird in pinpointing the O-day.
You will probably have your big temp rise tomorrow. FX, hope you catch that egg :flower:
I love fiction with happy ends too so that works for me :)
Do you elevate your hips after BD-ing? I started to (I put a pillow under my butt and remain horizontal for 15-30 min) and feel so funny about it, like those scenes from movies.:dohh:

That's a great idea! Maybe I will do that too this cycle to preserve myself from the tww craziness :) Although I will temp 5-7 days after O because this cycle remindes me of my January cycle and will probably be weird in pinpointing the O-day.
You will probably have your big temp rise tomorrow. FX, hope you catch that egg :flower:
Do you elevate your hips after BD-ing? I started to (I put a pillow under my butt and remain horizontal for 15-30 min) and feel so funny about it, like those scenes from movies.:dohh:

I have fully developed PMS today with headache, bloating, sore back and cramps. :wacko:

I have been elevating my hips the whole time hoping for the best, just like you with a pillow under my butt! So I usually only stay in this position for about 15 minutes.

Do you like reading fantasy stories? Love stories?

Susanne (Sahnie)

I have fully developed PMS today with headache, bloating, sore back and cramps. :wacko:

I have been elevating my hips the whole time hoping for the best, just like you with a pillow under my butt! So I usually only stay in this position for about 15 minutes.

Susanne (Sahnie)

Men are so lucky, our bodies endure so much change and stress..ahh..

The funny thing about elevating the hips - my DH suggested it! :headspin:

I like all sorts of stories..fantasy, crime, biographies.. I'm pretty romantic so love stories are often on my repertoar <3 Do you have any suggestion?

Susanne (Sahnie)

Men are so lucky, our bodies endure so much change and stress..ahh..

The funny thing about elevating the hips - my DH suggested it! :headspin:

I like all sorts of stories..fantasy, crime, biographies.. I'm pretty romantic so love stories are often on my repertoar <3 Do you have any suggestion?

I had my huge temperature spike this morning, but silly FF still insists that I ovulated earlier, I'll have to put a manual override on. I am really bloated this time around.

Mhm, book recommendations: My favorite author is Jane Austen and one of the books I have my eye on is Tooth and Claw, a Jane Austenesque novel with dragons instead of humans. Do you have any favorite books?

Susanne

We are really cycle buddies...I had a temp spike today too..:hugs:
FF thinks I ovulated 3 days ago which I think is bogus..it even gave me full crosshairs..although that was the day I had that "positive" OPK..but still I think I haven't O-ed yet...I intend to keep BD-ing so that the situations from january does not repeat.
My favourite book this year was the biography from Catherine the Great, it's fantastically good written and interesting too. Among my favourite books for years was Anna Karenina. Jane Austin is wonderful too! I will check that book out.

If I were to O tomorrow my due date would be on my DH birthday <3 I love that...
Do you check when your due date would be or am I the only one crazy? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->