I think FF got my O day wrong, please help

We are really cycle buddies...I had a temp spike today too..:hugs:
FF thinks I ovulated 3 days ago which I think is bogus..it even gave me full crosshairs..although that was the day I had that "positive" OPK..but still I think I haven't O-ed yet...I intend to keep BD-ing so that the situations from january does not repeat.
My favourite book this year was the biography from Catherine the Great, it's fantastically good written and interesting too. Among my favourite books for years was Anna Karenina. Jane Austin is wonderful too! I will check that book out.

If I were to O tomorrow my due date would be on my DH birthday <3 I love that...
Do you check when your due date would be or am I the only one crazy? :haha:
Looking at your chart, I think you ovulated yesterday. If you look at our charts, for the last three days, they are almost identical! :thumbup: FF also insists on misinterpreting my chart!
According to FF, if conceived this cycle, I would be due on December 11, 2013, which is pretty close to my birthday. My hubby always complains that my birthday is so close to Christmas, now imagine adding a child to that time frame. :haha:
Susanne

Yes I noticed our twin charts :) soooo funny :) It would make more sense that I O-ed yesterday rather then 3 days ago, but still I'm not convinced :wacko:. My CM is dry too. I will temp for a week to be sure. Until when do you plan temping this cycle? Does your apetite increase in tww? Mine does, maybe that's why I feel bloated too :haha:. So far no PMS symptoms for me except for some light backache but it's too soon anyways.
That's so sweet, mummy & baby having birthday on same day or close <3 It would be your birthday present :flower:..although I agree with your hubby about Christmas being to close to it :haha:
I must check that book, will do in an hour :)

Yes I noticed our twin charts :) soooo funny :) It would make more sense that I O-ed yesterday rather then 3 days ago, but still I'm not convinced :wacko:. My CM is dry too. I will temp for a week to be sure. Until when do you plan temping this cycle? Does your apetite increase in tww? Mine does, maybe that's why I feel bloated too :haha:. So far no PMS symptoms for me except for some light backache but it's too soon anyways.
That's so sweet, mummy & baby having birthday on same day or close <3 It would be your birthday present :flower:..although I agree with your hubby about Christmas being to close to it :haha:
I must check that book, will do in an hour :)

My appetite, especially for sweets, seems to increase during the two week wait quite a bit! I am having quite a few PMS symptoms this time around, this is my third day of consecutive headaches and bloating! Not fun. :wacko:
Our charts are still pretty much alike. For me, Easter break starts today and I will have a whole week off from school, a lot more free time to worry during this TWW!

Susanne

I got the book, so looking forward to reading it, but will start on Monday. Couple of friends came for a weekend visit so I'll be quite busy.
Be strong - no symptom spotting for us :thumbup: I love how our cycles are so insync...it really helps to be able to talk to someone about all of this without looking crazy :haha:
Did you start reading the book? Do you have plans for the weekend?
So far I guess my theory about my lazy ovary was wrong...just shows how my body wants to drive me insane :wacko:

Hi Susanne! How are you? Did you have a nice weekend?
I had a wonderful weekend up until yesterday afternoon when I got a fever (from 37.5 C/99.5 F to 38.35 C/101 F). I think I have a cold (I hope it's not the flu :nope:) and am soooo worried about that. Do you know is it possible to conceive even if you have a cold/flu? I keep thinking it's not :cry: It came in the worst possible time... I can't find any info online about cold in lutheal phase and conception.. I'm taking tylenol because I've read it's safe for pregnant ladies... :(

I had a wonderful weekend up until yesterday afternoon when I got a fever (from 37.5 C/99.5 F to 38.35 C/101 F). I think I have a cold (I hope it's not the flu :nope:) and am soooo worried about that. Do you know is it possible to conceive even if you have a cold/flu? I keep thinking it's not :cry: It came in the worst possible time... I can't find any info online about cold in lutheal phase and conception.. I'm taking tylenol because I've read it's safe for pregnant ladies... :(

Our weekend was great--from what I read, cold or flu won't make a difference. I saw my OBGYN today and she said that you can take Tylenol Cold and Flu, Tylenol or Tylenol PM when trying to get pregnant, which is a relief because colds are miserable without some relief. The doctor confused me however because she thinks that my charts show that I am ovulating on day 17 when I thought I was ovulating around day 21. Her rationale is that I had spotting on day 17 several times indicating ovulation. I asked her about the OPKs and LH spikes that happened around day 21 and she said that she thinks my hormones are just delayed in getting into my urine. Is that possible? This just makes me think that the BBT work I have done is inaccurate. What's worse is that I missed the window if I really ovulated on day 17! This might be related to the fact that I was on the pill for 15 years starting pretty young and that my body hasn't been on its own for very long figuring out hormone regulation. What do you think?

Our weekend was great--from what I read, cold or flu won't make a difference. I saw my OBGYN today and she said that you can take Tylenol Cold and Flu, Tylenol or Tylenol PM when trying to get pregnant, which is a relief because colds are miserable without some relief. The doctor confused me however because she thinks that my charts show that I am ovulating on day 17 when I thought I was ovulating around day 21. Her rationale is that I had spotting on day 17 several times indicating ovulation. I asked her about the OPKs and LH spikes that happened around day 21 and she said that she thinks my hormones are just delayed in getting into my urine. Is that possible? This just makes me think that the BBT work I have done is inaccurate. What's worse is that I missed the window if I really ovulated on day 17! This might be related to the fact that I was on the pill for 15 years starting pretty young and that my body hasn't been on its own for very long figuring out hormone regulation. What do you think?

Thank you so much for the info :hugs: that's great help!
Since I'm home in bed all day I had a lot of time to brows through internet and have found that as long as the fever is under control everything can work out fine :thumbup:
What else did your obgyn tell you? Did you ask for/or maybe she reffered you some tests? Did she answer all of your questions? Are you happy with how it went?
As far as her theory, I looked at your charts and I looked on internet and this is what I found: some women have mid-cycle spotting and if it happens every cycle it's reffered to as ovulation spotting. Also there are some claims online that FF is infact wrong and that thermal shift does not happen day after ovulation but several days after, because it takes time for progesterone to build up enough to show a shift. So that can contribute to cd17 O theory, but what does not add up is your other fertile signs - CM and LH surge. The only way you could know for sure when you are ovulating is to monitor follicles with ultrasound. Did you do a sonogram today?

I hope you are feeling better! Colds are no fun. My doctor was really nice and took a lot of time answering my questions. She thinks that having been put on the pill at the age of 13, my body had never really a chance to regulate its hormones by itself; according to my doctor, you do not reach hormonally maturity until age 21. This is way it might take my body a little longer to figure things out. She did not recommend any further tests, as we have not been trying for that long. She wants us to keep trying until summer and then, we could do a few tests such as a semen analysis. She did not seem overly concerned about how long we have been trying, but as she suggested that we should change approach: She suggested that we should start bding at day 12 every other day for ten days. Additionally, she thought that I should take a break from temping and OPKs as we have established a pattern and ovulation over the last five months.

Thanks for looking up all this stuff online! I actually have a of mucus about five days before ovulation. I have a hard time telling the difference between creamy and eggwhite cervical mucus. I tend to add the eggwhite information after FF has confirmed ovulation.

We had a snow storm yesterday so we have been snowed in today. I hope that your are really feelinf better!

Susanne

I hope you are feeling better! Colds are no fun. My doctor was really nice and took a lot of time answering my questions. She thinks that having been put on the pill at the age of 13, my body had never really a chance to regulate its hormones by itself; according to my doctor, you do not reach hormonally maturity until age 21. This is way it might take my body a little longer to figure things out. She did not recommend any further tests, as we have not been trying for that long. She wants us to keep trying until summer and then, we could do a few tests such as a semen analysis. She did not seem overly concerned about how long we have been trying, but as she suggested that we should change approach: She suggested that we should start bding at day 12 every other day for ten days. Additionally, she thought that I should take a break from temping and OPKs as we have established a pattern and ovulation over the last five months.

Thanks for looking up all this stuff online! I actually have a of mucus about five days before ovulation. I have a hard time telling the difference between creamy and eggwhite cervical mucus. I tend to add the eggwhite information after FF has confirmed ovulation.

We had a snow storm yesterday so we have been snowed in today. I hope that your are really feelinf better!

Susanne

I feel better, I suppose Tylenol is working :) I still have fever, but my body doesn't ache that much :)
Your OBGYN sounds great! It makes a lot of sense everything she told you. You will have your BFP in no time :) no need stressing about it. I was thinking about letting go of temping and OPK's too but I don't have the luck of regular cycle :( So are you going to try that approach (in case there is need to) next cycle?
Oh also one thing I found on web- progesterone is highest at average on 7dpo, so your O day could very much be on cd17.:thumbup:

How are you feeling today? Do you still have a fever?

We'll probably try the doctor's suggested approach next time. Unfortunately, on the day we would start trying, my father-in-law is coming for a visit. Since Saturday, I have been so bitchy that my husband who is the kindest person in the world is getting frustrated with me. :-( Last night, I woke up with heat flashes. My hubby is now convinced that I am pregnant?!

Susanne

How are you feeling today? Do you still have a fever?

We'll probably try the doctor's suggested approach next time. Unfortunately, on the day we would start trying, my father-in-law is coming for a visit. Since Saturday, I have been so bitchy that my husband who is the kindest person in the world is getting frustrated with me. :-( Last night, I woke up with heat flashes. My hubby is now convinced that I am pregnant?!

Susanne

Crappy and sick :( I didn't have the fever in the morning but around noon it came back full power and I strated coughing really bad and feeling nauseated:(

I completly understand you, I was so bitchy on Sunday I could not help myself but that was probably because I started feeling sick :growlmad: poor DHs...

Hot flashes in combination with bitchiness sound promissing :thumbup: FX I've heard tons of stories how husbands called on pregnancies..that's so sweet :)
Did you start the book? I didn't yet but plan to today :)

I hope you are feeling better! I have not yet started the book, but I am planning on doing so soon!

Still very bitchy! I am no fun to be around at the moment!

Susanne

I hope you are feeling better! I have not yet started the book, but I am planning on doing so soon!

Still very bitchy! I am no fun to be around at the moment!

Susanne

Oh I hear you! My fever just will not come down, I feel even worse and it's really annoying..I feel so depressed because I can't prepare for Easter like I wanted to, my DH has to cater on me :( and I'm pretty sure there's nooooo chance for a BFP this cycle.. why does this have to be so complicated?:cry:

When I'm bitchy I try to get away from people and keep myself busy with some house chores or something like that so I don't get into fights :coffee: put on some relaxing music and avoid sugar :hugs:

My hormones are on my case today: I started crying in the middle of the supermarket!?

Susanne

My hormones are on my case today: I started crying in the middle of the supermarket!?

Susanne

How are you feeling today? FX for you :hugs:

I'm feeling better, the fever is over, but I'm still feeling week so I can't prepare like I wanted for Easter :(

Susanne

I'm feeling better, the fever is over, but I'm still feeling week so I can't prepare like I wanted for Easter :(

I spent most of my day in the kitchen today getting ready for Easter. Tomorrow, I'll need to go shopping. We have a good friend come in for Easter. On Easter Sunday, we'll have a big breakfast with French toast and for dinner, we have coq au vin on egg noodles, white chocolate pudding and some kind of appetizers and Easter Lamb for coffea. Good Friday is a of fasting for us.

Are you finally rid of your cold?

Susanne

Susanne

I spent most of my day in the kitchen today getting ready for Easter. Tomorrow, I'll need to go shopping. We have a good friend come in for Easter. On Easter Sunday, we'll have a big breakfast with French toast and for dinner, we have coq au vin on egg noodles, white chocolate pudding and some kind of appetizers and Easter Lamb for coffea. Good Friday is a of fasting for us.

Are you finally rid of your cold?

Susanne

Your menu sounds lovely. Wouldn't mind coming over for lunch :)
I'm not quite yet :( My cold wants to stick around. I didn't have a fever this morning so I went grocery shopping because us too are having friends over, but they are staying for the whole weekend. Anyways I think I overdid myself because the fever is back :( I'm Christian, it sounds like you are too :) We are fasting tomorrow too, so I'll just bake some fish. Today I made one cake, and on Saturday will make another..but I feel so crappy..:(

It sounds as if I have to change my cooking plans. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder yesterday while working in the kitchen. I cannot drive and therefore, cannot go shopping. This is really frustrating as I can neither take Ibuprofen nor muscle relexant until a potential AF visit. :-/ We are Christians, too! :) On Good Friday, we only eat one full meal. Today, it is a smoothie for breakfast! I really hope your cold goes away!

It sounds as if I have to change my cooking plans. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder yesterday while working in the kitchen. I cannot drive and therefore, cannot go shopping. This is really frustrating as I can neither take Ibuprofen nor muscle relexant until a potential AF visit. :-/ We are Christians, too! :) On Good Friday, we only eat one full meal. Today, it is a smoothie for breakfast! I really hope your cold goes away!

One full meal today for us too.
Oh my, do you have some help? Can DH help with the shopping?
It would be a beautiful Easter if you were to get the BFP. FX! I have a good feeling for you Susanne :hugs:

Hubby cleaned the house And went shopping with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->