I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Don't forget our hormones contribute to making us all feel so up and down too. I think one of many things we all share is that we all think of ourselves as just a little crazy and obsessed! That's why this works, we understand where each other is coming from

Don't forget our hormones contribute to making us all feel so up and down too. I think one of many things we all share is that we all think of ourselves as just a little crazy and obsessed! That's why this works, we understand where each other is coming from

So true! Glad we can all admit our crazy/obsessiveness : )

Topanga, you've got a lovely attitude about it all. I wish I could be so calm. Maybe, if this cycle is a bust, I will be. I swear, I'm wearing myself out with it all, and it's only my first cycle ttc after my ep! I really admire your approach this month! Keep it up!

Bluebird - Yay! Thanks for uploading them. I hate to be the bearer of crappy news, but I think you got an extra sensitive test on Sunday. This type of thing happened to me several times as I was following my hcg levels down. It took over six weeks after I got methotrexate (a chemo drug they give you to terminate the ectopic) for my levels to decrease to 0 from their highest of 680. During that time, I would test, get my levels that same day, then test several days after. Sometimes the later test would be considerably darker than the earlier one, even though I knew my levels were declining. I'm attaching an example.

I used FRERs at this point in my ectopic saga, because my ICs ran out. All three of the pictured tests came together in one pack. The one on top was taken on 8/19 with SMU when my level was 16. Two days later, I took another test, also with SMU (second one in the series) and it was noticeably darker than the first. I was so frustrated! Then, two days later, on 8/23, I took the bottom test with SMU. This line is even a bit darker than the one I took on 8/19, although lighter than the one I took on 8/21.

So, I've given you all this info to say that even with a more expensive and sensitive test like FRER (I was getting lines when my number was 3!), there can be quite a bit of difference in test sensitivity and line color/strength, which totally sucks! ](*,) I wish we could get beta quants from our urine.

Maybe you do have a new little bean in there, but it's too early to test? How many dpo are you?

Ah, I went back and reread and see you're 11 dpo? Could still be too early. Or maybe your level went down at 10 dpo and then started to climb again? I'd keep testing. Have you taken an OPK to see what that does? I know you can get positives from those when you'd definitely get a + hpt, so maybe that could help clarify? As in, if your levels are low, still declining from your m/c, then it may not be positive. But, if they're increasing with a new pregnancy, it might be positive??

Oh wow Linds, so the exact same thing happened to you!! 2 days apart and everything, thats got to be what it is.... I really can't think of any other reasonable explanation. Thanks so much for writing all that out for me :)

I have been doing OPKs but they are absolutely no help- they have all been positive for the last 3 weeks. I take one every few days to try and get some indication of where I am in the cycle... but they are always the same, they look identical lined up next to each other :shrug:

It could be a new bean and its just too early, I like that theory- let's go with it hahahaha! :haha: I have also been doing the clearblue fertility monitor- it tests your estrogen and your LH- and I got a 'high' today meaning my estrogen is going up. So maybe I didnt even ovulate 11 days ago like I thought I did? Maybe my body is gearing up to ovulate now??

Moral of the story- don't bother with OPKs/HPTs/CBFMs right after a miscarriage... it will drive you bonkers! :dohh:

So true!! Im glad we can be crazies together :) How is everyone today?? Any exciting TWW symptoms we can analyze/obsess over this morning? :happydance:

Hi everyone... hope your day is going good. I have a crazy symptom... It has happened about three times... My feet get so hot I can't sleep. I had to get up and put lotion on them and stand on the cold tile. Could that be a symptom?

Topanga, you've got a lovely attitude about it all. I wish I could be so calm. Maybe, if this cycle is a bust, I will be. I swear, I'm wearing myself out with it all, and it's only my first cycle ttc after my ep! I really admire your approach this month! Keep it up!

Hehe I should read this to DH... he'd never believe it! :haha: He always has to listen all of the whining and crying that goes on behind the scenes. Trust me, I'm wearing myself out too! As the months go on, I notice that I'm happy and content early to mid cycle (because I'm optimistic that it might happen this month), anxious toward the end, and then horribly depressed when AF comes and another month has gone by without a BFP. It's an awful cycle and I just happen to be in the good part of the cycle now. ;-) My focus this month is on trying not to completely crash emotionally if I get another BFN. What exhausting work TTC can be!!!!

I feel the same way, Topanga! Right now I'm in the bummed out phase, having just passed the anxious. TTC is exhausting and such a rollercoaster of emotions. If I wasn't such a control freak, I'd say to hell with it all and just leave it to chance. In fact, that was what happened with both my pregnancies - I wasn't trying. But I can't HELP but notice ewcm, or what day I'm at in my cycle. I can't just NOT pee on sticks, not when I have a huge stash of them in my drawer and they're so cheap on Amazon! :winkwink:

So true! I find it both crazy and wonderful that I can discuss my cervical mucus with people I have never met face to face and, rather than cover your ears and shout "eek, TMI!" as you run from the room, you fabulous ladies are more than willing to analyze the quantity of my cm with me, tell me about your own, and advise me on the most opportune moments to have sex with my husband. It's so great to be able to share my obsession, my excitement, my grief, and my pain with like-minded women and not feel ostracized, but understood by them, for they share the same obsession, excitement, grief, and pain. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: How lonely this TTC journey must have been before the Internet!

Bluebird - Hpts can just break your heart, can't they? I wish they were more reliable at measuring quants. I'm happy to share my experience with you; I remember how confused and frustrated I was when I'd see a barely-there line, and then, two days later, a clear, pink line.

Hmmm...my opks were bizarre for awhile too. I just started opks last month, but they were almost positive looking all the time during that cycle. I think my hormones were still screwy. Yours are probably positive because you still have hcg in your system. Maybe you're using a super sensitive kind? Which do you use? I used babi onestep from Amazon and they seem very sensitive compared to the wondfos, which are less so.

I have the cbfm too! I just got it (used off ebay) and I got a peak my first cycle (this one). I was so excited I took a picture, for whom I don't know. I guess myself so I can look back and see that little egg picture. I also have a bad habit of using the sticks as regular opks because I like to watch my estrogen do things and analyze the lines. When my temp dipped and I had that spotting two days ago, I used a clearblue stick and my estrogen line was much lighter than the day before, meaning it was higher.
I think, given the cbfm reading, you may be gearing up to o now. How long have you been using the sticks/monitor this cycle? Is this the first high reading you've gotten?

AFM - Well, ladies, I'm feeling pretty discouraged. I took a FRER today (couldn't wait! I'm an addict!) and it was clearly a BFN. No amount of light could reveal a line. I even took the test apart. Nothing. Now, I know FRERs have been sensitive enough to pick up a beta hcg of 3, because that was my level when I used one as I watched my levels declining after my ectopic. So, you'd think if I had implantation bleeding/ temp dip two days ago, my level would at least be a three now. Plus, I have NO symptoms. I really feel like I'm out this cycle, which is disheartening because our timing was so good.

When I got pregnant with my dd, I had only bd ONCE that month. When I got pregnant with my ectopic, I had bronchitis and didn't even think I had ovulated yet. My temps were erratic and I just took a hpt for kicks. Why could I get pregnant those times, but not when I time everything just right? I know I'm not officially "out" yet, but I just don't feel it this time, you know? I hate to be such a Negative Nancy, but I'm feeling pretty let down.

@bobster, I was also due in Febuary, but lost my baby in the end of july, been trying to conceive since then, with no luck. Just got a smiley on my clearblue ovulation test on the 4th and 5th, and should be able to test around christmas, I've been praying everyday that I'll see those two beautiful lines on a pregnancy test.

@bobster, I was also due in Febuary, but lost my baby in the end of july, been trying to conceive since then, with no luck. Just got a smiley on my clearblue ovulation test on the 4th and 5th, and should be able to test around christmas, I've been praying everyday that I'll see those two beautiful lines on a pregnancy test.

Good Luck Jessschuck!! I too use the clearblue ovulation test with the "smiley" faces :) I got a positve opk Dec. 3rd so I will be testing around the same time as you! Woo Hoo!

Hey, I want a Christmas BFP! Just got the go ahead to TTC over a year after a MMC. Just hope we caught the egg. Should be testing just before Christmas. Not expecting too much---maybe that will be the trick that makes it work!

Hehe I should read this to DH... he'd never believe it! :haha: He always has to listen all of the whining and crying that goes on behind the scenes. Trust me, I'm wearing myself out too! As the months go on, I notice that I'm happy and content early to mid cycle (because I'm optimistic that it might happen this month), anxious toward the end, and then horribly depressed when AF comes and another month has gone by without a BFP. It's an awful cycle and I just happen to be in the good part of the cycle now. ;-) My focus this month is on trying not to completely crash emotionally if I get another BFN. What exhausting work TTC can be!!!!

I feel the same way, Topanga! Right now I'm in the bummed out phase, having just passed the anxious. TTC is exhausting and such a rollercoaster of emotions. If I wasn't such a control freak, I'd say to hell with it all and just leave it to chance. In fact, that was what happened with both my pregnancies - I wasn't trying. But I can't HELP but notice ewcm, or what day I'm at in my cycle. I can't just NOT pee on sticks, not when I have a huge stash of them in my drawer and they're so cheap on Amazon! :winkwink:

So true! I find it both crazy and wonderful that I can discuss my cervical mucus with people I have never met face to face and, rather than cover your ears and shout "eek, TMI!" as you run from the room, you fabulous ladies are more than willing to analyze the quantity of my cm with me, tell me about your own, and advise me on the most opportune moments to have sex with my husband. It's so great to be able to share my obsession, my excitement, my grief, and my pain with like-minded women and not feel ostracized, but understood by them, for they share the same obsession, excitement, grief, and pain. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: How lonely this TTC journey must have been before the Internet!

Bluebird - Hpts can just break your heart, can't they? I wish they were more reliable at measuring quants. I'm happy to share my experience with you; I remember how confused and frustrated I was when I'd see a barely-there line, and then, two days later, a clear, pink line.

Hmmm...my opks were bizarre for awhile too. I just started opks last month, but they were almost positive looking all the time during that cycle. I think my hormones were still screwy. Yours are probably positive because you still have hcg in your system. Maybe you're using a super sensitive kind? Which do you use? I used babi onestep from Amazon and they seem very sensitive compared to the wondfos, which are less so.

I have the cbfm too! I just got it (used off ebay) and I got a peak my first cycle (this one). I was so excited I took a picture, for whom I don't know. I guess myself so I can look back and see that little egg picture. I also have a bad habit of using the sticks as regular opks because I like to watch my estrogen do things and analyze the lines. When my temp dipped and I had that spotting two days ago, I used a clearblue stick and my estrogen line was much lighter than the day before, meaning it was higher.
I think, given the cbfm reading, you may be gearing up to o now. How long have you been using the sticks/monitor this cycle? Is this the first high reading you've gotten?

AFM - Well, ladies, I'm feeling pretty discouraged. I took a FRER today (couldn't wait! I'm an addict!) and it was clearly a BFN. No amount of light could reveal a line. I even took the test apart. Nothing. Now, I know FRERs have been sensitive enough to pick up a beta hcg of 3, because that was my level when I used one as I watched my levels declining after my ectopic. So, you'd think if I had implantation bleeding/ temp dip two days ago, my level would at least be a three now. Plus, I have NO symptoms. I really feel like I'm out this cycle, which is disheartening because our timing was so good.

When I got pregnant with my dd, I had only bd ONCE that month. When I got pregnant with my ectopic, I had bronchitis and didn't even think I had ovulated yet. My temps were erratic and I just took a hpt for kicks. Why could I get pregnant those times, but not when I time everything just right? I know I'm not officially "out" yet, but I just don't feel it this time, you know? I hate to be such a Negative Nancy, but I'm feeling pretty let down.

The OPKs I have been using are the ones off of Amazon, so they must be super sensitive. Still getting dark lines whenever I use them.

I LOVE my CBFM!! I've used it twice and both times got pregnant- so 100% success rate for me! This is my third time using it, but because I really don't even know where I'm at in my cycle I don't have a whole lot of faith in it. I am at CD 12 now (according to the monitor), been testing since CD 6, and I had my first high yesterday and of course a high today. I don't feel like I'm about to OV though.... and I don't feel PG and I don't feel like AF is on the way :shrug: Just kind of in limbo right now!!!

You are SO not out!! The cycles I got pregnant I had spotting so I knew exactly when implantation happened and I didn't get a positive on a FRER until 4 days later. And it was really faint even then. Your spotting along with the dip is a really good sign! Hang in there for a couple more days, you may have an early xmas present :thumbup:

Hi everyone... hope your day is going good. I have a crazy symptom... It has happened about three times... My feet get so hot I can't sleep. I had to get up and put lotion on them and stand on the cold tile. Could that be a symptom?

That is a crazy symptom, Carybear! I hope it's a good sign.

Hey, I want a Christmas BFP! Just got the go ahead to TTC over a year after a MMC. Just hope we caught the egg. Should be testing just before Christmas. Not expecting too much---maybe that will be the trick that makes it work!

Hi, mowat! I hope you caught the egg, too! When is your official test date? Christmas eve? Why did you have to wait so long after your mmc, or was that your decision?

Bluebird - Oh, I hope I have the same experience you did! You've given me some hope. :D When did you start testing? Did you have any symptoms when you tested?

I'm so glad the cbfm worked well for you! That gives me even more hope! I think I peaked at night, because that's when my opks turned positive and I used a test stick and my lh was dark and my estrogen was light. I didn't bd that night, but I had the day before. I bded the next morning when the machine gave me my "official" peak. What was your bd schedule when you got pregnant?

The first time I got a BFP at 11 dpo (in the pm), then a BFN at 12 DPO (in the am).... i didn't get a clear line until about 15dpo. This last time I didn't get a BFP until 13 dpo, that ended in a MMC at 11 weeks though :( With the first I started testing at 9 dpo (BFN) and the second I started testing at 12 dpo (BFN also).

On my first pregnancy we BDed on the high day right before my peak and then both peak days (in the am).... we went for it! On the second pregnancy we BDed only on the high day right before the peak (in the pm)- not on the peak days at all.

As far as symptoms go I had spotting for both around 7-8 dpo and then around 10 dpo I completely lost my appetite. It's the wierdest thing, and when I did eat I felt like I had cotton mouth- I would take a couple bites and could barely swallow. That was my tip off on the second pregnancy :) I had a little bit of light cramping/twinges and sore BBs, but nothing that couldn't be attributed to AF.

So I'm sure you caught the egg if you BDed the morning of your peak!! From what I've read you typically OV 12-24 hours after that LH hits your system. You are totally in!! FX for you and keep us updated :)

Hiya! Do you mind if I join? I'm in the middle of my 2ww and going a bit crazy symptom spotting! If I'm not pg, the witch is due next Friday. We only did it once this cycle as things have been a bit mental workwise for DH. I got a positive OPK on Friday (EWCM) and Saturday, we BD'd on Friday night. My boos were killing me all weekend, nut that's tailed off. Today I have mega munchies and can't stop eating! I'm keeping everything crossed that I'm still in the game.
Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on... christmas :dust: to all! Xxx

Hiya! Do you mind if I join? I'm in the middle of my 2ww and going a bit crazy symptom spotting! If I'm not pg, the witch is due next Friday. We only did it once this cycle as things have been a bit mental workwise for DH. I got a positive OPK on Friday (EWCM) and Saturday, we BD'd on Friday night. My boos were killing me all weekend, nut that's tailed off. Today I have mega munchies and can't stop eating! I'm keeping everything crossed that I'm still in the game.
Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on... christmas :dust: to all! Xxx

Good Luck Wannabewillow!! AF is due for me around Dec. 24th so I am right in the middle of the TWW too! Today I am 10dpo and have really had no symptoms up to this point other than frequent urination. I've also had the "no matter what I eat, I never feel full" feeling. However, with my 1st pregnancy I was the opposite, extremely nauseous, tender boobs, and I never felt like I was going to the bathroom often. This, however, was all noticed at the time I found out I was pregnant which was 1 week after AF was due. So there is still hope!

Since my MC, my boobs hurt at ov and for a few days after. I've been very twingy this evening, who knows if this is it. The only thing I can do is wait to POAS. It's funny, we weren't exactly planning a pregnancy before. DD was conceived after 2 years and 2 cycles of clomid. This second pregnancy was conceived after a Birthday BD. It was the only time we had been intimate the whole cycle as my FIL had passed away the week before after a short illness. We had seen this as a parting gift from him. To lose it was devastating. So now, I'm frantically trying to get chances for me and DH to try again! I really hope your Christmas brings a lovely BFP for you and your OH. Xxx

Welcome Willow and BSelck! Good luck this cycle, when do you plan on testing?

Linds- have you tested yet today? I bet you'll get that BFP in the next couple of days, it was just too early yesterday!

mlm- where are you on your cycle? You just got back down to 0 on your HCG levels right? I just barely got back down to 0 also, so I have NO IDEA where I'm at now. I thought I OVed a couple weeks ago, but now I'm thinking I didn't??? I don't know if I am waiting for OV or AF?!?! eeeek!

Hi, mowat! I hope you caught the egg, too! When is your official test date? Christmas eve? Why did you have to wait so long after your mmc, or was that your decision?

Bluebird - Oh, I hope I have the same experience you did! You've given me some hope. :D When did you start testing? Did you have any symptoms when you tested?

I'm so glad the cbfm worked well for you! That gives me even more hope! I think I peaked at night, because that's when my opks turned positive and I used a test stick and my lh was dark and my estrogen was light. I didn't bd that night, but I had the day before. I bded the next morning when the machine gave me my "official" peak. What was your bd schedule when you got pregnant?
Thanks for the welcome Lindsfx. I think I'm 1dpo today, so I'll try to hold out until next weekend (like that's going to happen!)

I had to wait for so long because my period didn't return even after several rounds of hormones. I had a hysteroscopy that showed Asherman's (scarring caused by the D&Cs). I had some of the scarring removed and I just had another hysteroscopy that showed some scarring, but nothing too bad. Super excited to be back to TTC! It's been a horrible year not knowing what was going on with my body. I think 2013 is going to be a better year for everybody!

Thanks for asking bluebird- I am currently cd 6. As for the hcg, I'll get results tomorrow and am realllly hoping my levels are at 5 or less. It's been over 9 weeks since my d&c, this is crazy! So strange, since I have had af twice with hcg in my system, plus a pos opk. Gonna start bd'ing every other day soon I think.

well, looks like I'm joining the Valentine's group. AF came early (9dpo- really weird too) I'm not having any cramping, but I doubt it's ib with the amount I have. Oh well. Now to just get over the flu and start ttc again.

Welcome Willow and BSelck! Good luck this cycle, when do you plan on testing?

Linds- have you tested yet today? I bet you'll get that BFP in the next couple of days, it was just too early yesterday!

mlm- where are you on your cycle? You just got back down to 0 on your HCG levels right? I just barely got back down to 0 also, so I have NO IDEA where I'm at now. I thought I OVed a couple weeks ago, but now I'm thinking I didn't??? I don't know if I am waiting for OV or AF?!?! eeeek!

Being the addict that I am, yes, I tested again. :wacko: Another BFN on a FRER. I have a tiny bit of hope left yet, so I am going to wait until Monday when my ICs come in to test again (I'll be peeing on opks in the meantime to satisfy my cravings!). That'll make me 13 dpo, which ought to be enough to know for sure, although my period isn't due until the 23rd because I ovulate early and have a really long luteal phase (18 - 19 days). Still no symptoms, other than one sore boob. Just the one. Weird!

I'm so sorry you're stuck in limbo. Feeling pregnant at all or any closer to O? How's your cm situation? Do you get any other pre-O symptoms? I can't remember if you do temps. If so, how've those been looking?

Thanks for the welcome Lindsfx. I think I'm 1dpo today, so I'll try to hold out until next weekend (like that's going to happen!)

I had to wait for so long because my period didn't return even after several rounds of hormones. I had a hysteroscopy that showed Asherman's (scarring caused by the D&Cs). I had some of the scarring removed and I just had another hysteroscopy that showed some scarring, but nothing too bad. Super excited to be back to TTC! It's been a horrible year not knowing what was going on with my body. I think 2013 is going to be a better year for everybody!

I sure hope 2013 will be a better year! I don't think I can handle another like 2012. I don't like even years anyway, and 2012 did nothing to change my superstition. :) It sounds like your luck was horrible. I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time and such a long wait to ttc. 1 DPO - how exciting! Have you been charting or using opks?

Thanks for asking bluebird- I am currently cd 6. As for the hcg, I'll get results tomorrow and am realllly hoping my levels are at 5 or less. It's been over 9 weeks since my d&c, this is crazy! So strange, since I have had af twice with hcg in my system, plus a pos opk. Gonna start bd'ing every other day soon I think.

I bet your levels will be less than 5, mlm. I've got my fingers crossed! Let us know as soon as you hear!

well, looks like I'm joining the Valentine's group. AF came early (9dpo- really weird too) I'm not having any cramping, but I doubt it's ib with the amount I have. Oh well. Now to just get over the flu and start ttc again.

I'm so sorry, Sophiasmom. Maybe the flu brought af on early? At any rate, I think I'll be joining you in the Valentine's group. I tested yesterday and today with FRERs and got two BFNs. I'm not feeling all that hopeful anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->