I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Topanga, my ov date usually is around the same time, within a range of a few days. I wonder if yours is just getting back to normal and you used to ov earlier before the mc. Have fun taking advantage of today's positive opk though!!

Bluebird, remind me, are you using opks? Hope you get to test with us around New Years!

I'm trying to bd every other day since I should ov soon, but have been sick for a few days. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Monica is sick and is trying to get Chandler to sleep with her? That's how I feel now, haha

Ha ha ha! That's me today! 'I'm fine....d' got a stinking cold and sore throat thanks to DD!

Sooooo, I came home from work with a new clutch of Clearblues and Frers because I only had ICs this morning and got a faint line..... A line! :headspin:! Done a digi, positive with 1-2 weeks on the conception calender.... Holy frijole. Had to keep quiet as my parents were in the house and I really don't want to tell them until I've seen a Dr and the risk factor has gone down. My Mum was a nightmare when I had my MMC. She had to go to her GP for an increase in antidepressants! She treated it as her trauma and it was more of a struggle dealing with her than me addressing my loss. DH is happy, but openly terrified. I am too. I thought this BFP would have me jumping around, but I'm having a thousand 'what ifs' going round in my head. But, I have my Christmas BFP and I'm so grateful. Praying for a sticky one. Xxx

Congratulations :) I understand you're nervouse but try not to dwell on the things you have no control over. You got your Christmas bfp!!!

Thanks guys. Lbrum, like you say, there's no point in dwelling. I'm going to see my GP in the morning. He was fantastic when we lost the last one. I have a million questions going round in my head about things like soft play with DD (I'm usually the one taking her down the slides and in the ball pit), going to the gym etc. But, I'm so grateful for this BFP. It means the world. Xxx

Do you all think that lack of cm is a sign that you can't be pregnant? I have very bad fatigue and some nausea, but very little cm. I had a lot with my son. Any insight? I'm due to test on Monday. Temps look good so far.

cm helps the guys swim up there. I don't get much so I used preseed.

congrats willow!

Hi calliebaby, I'm a fan of preseed too. I'm quite crap for CM between ov and AF. I don't have much at the minute. Really hope you get your Christmas Eve BFP.

Thanks Mackjess!

Phoned GP for appt and my usual guy is off today. Gutted, but still going in as I want it to be on my record as early as possible. Going to phone Tommy's to ask if I can have a nice cafetiere on Christmas morning and see what the state of play is with soft play with DD. Xxx

Hi everyone

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself to you all, my name is Hollie and I sadly lost my daughter to left heart hyperplasty in august at 6 months. She would have been due jan 4th 2013. Absolutely devastated but ready to try again.

I've been ttc for 8 years! So my last pregnancy was an absolute miracle, I've unexplained fertility problems according to the acu I'd been attending since early 20's.

Now I've bought myself a clearblue fertility monitor which I used this cycle for the first time. I cannot tell you how excited I was to learn that I actually ov around 7 days before expected so feel I'm in with a real chance now! I'm currently in the 2ww and really hopeful for a Xmas bfp.

I need to catch up on all the earlier posts you've written and hope to be some support to you all having suffered two major losses in my life I do believe taking with women in a similar situation truly helps.

Lots of love, luck and baby dust to you all xxx

Hi Hollie! So sorry for your loss. Welcome and good luck with your xmas bfp!

I actually meant during the tww. During ovulation,I have a ton.sorry fur the confusion.

Nah, don't fret, I've been quite dry too, sorry for the TMI. It's not over until the witch sings!

My temps look good and I'm very fatigued. I really hope this is our month! All of us. :)

OMG, having a crisis and need some advice from you ladies because I feel like you may be the only ones that understand!

I FINALLY got a true positive OPK yesterday afternoon so the husband and I dtd last night but he pulled out. I asked him why??? and he said that I have been doing so well the last couple of weeks (I had a D&C 6 weeks ago) and he doesn't want me to slip back into a funk if we don't get pregnant/have another MC. And we have sooooo much going on with work/holidays/etc. right now. We talked about TTC again right after the MC and had decided to try again asap so this was a big fat shock!!! I couldn't sleep last night- I only got about an hour- and cried like crazy.
I got up for work this morning and did my Clearblue monitor test and OF COURSE got a peak. Then I totally lost it, just started sobbing followed shortly by a panic attack- which woke up the husband. We talked it out for about an hour, I told him why it was so important for me to start trying again right away.... he said he had no idea I felt that way and he agreed to try this afternoon.
Here's where I need the advice: Is it right to TTC if I have to talk my husband into it??? I want him to want another baby, you know? And if we are going to try this cycle it has to be this afternoon... Im afraid it will be wierd and non-romantic and I'm a mess after the events of last night. What would you guys do? Chalk it up to a sh*t year and wait until January or go for it?

Bluebird - My DH had such a hard time watching me go thru the m/c that he told me not to tell him again if we were trying because he was too afraid to see me go thru that again. So yes, I think it's OK. When I told him I was preggers he was shocked it happened so soon, because he liked the idea of "trying". hehe, I guess he thought I was going to wear him ragged for months til I got my BFP.

but, even tho we have went to see the baby with the scans and everything, I can tell it hasn't really sunk in for him. He's even said because I'm not showing or anything it doesn't feel real yet. I have heard from a lot of friends that their hubbys were the same way til the kid showed up practically. So I think women are better at knowing when and how to be prepared, and it takes the guys longer to get used to the idea regardless. So go for it.

Wow, you must have been pissed. The first time we dtd after my mmc, DH wanted to use a condom and that made me cry, so I can see where you are coming from. I think men just view this process so differently than we do. I think if he feels differently since your conversation, then go for it. If it were me, I would be more upset if I didn't at least try. Sorry you're dealing with this : (

Bluebird - My DH had such a hard time watching me go thru the m/c that he told me not to tell him again if we were trying because he was too afraid to see me go thru that again. So yes, I think it's OK. When I told him I was preggers he was shocked it happened so soon, because he liked the idea of "trying". hehe, I guess he thought I was going to wear him ragged for months til I got my BFP.

but, even tho we have went to see the baby with the scans and everything, I can tell it hasn't really sunk in for him. He's even said because I'm not showing or anything it doesn't feel real yet. I have heard from a lot of friends that their hubbys were the same way til the kid showed up practically. So I think women are better at knowing when and how to be prepared, and it takes the guys longer to get used to the idea regardless. So go for it.

Thanks Mack, I do the same thing with my husband about not telling him when I am OVing. I dont want him to feel used :wacko: He just happened to have this revelation the day before OV.... the OV I have been anxiously awaiting and stressing about the last 6 weeks!!! ugh

And my husband was totally the same way before we had our daughter, it definitely takes them a bit longer to attach to the baby. She has him wrapped around her finger now though. I came home last night and he was in the bathtub with her in his boardshorts lol playing with her bath toys.

Thanks for the advice, I want to go for it- I really really want to be pregnant again. I'm just hoping its the right decision, the last thing I want to do is screw up what I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->