I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Well, you're a much more optimistic person than I am!!! I had a really hard time with my first AF after my MC. Heck, I STILL have a hard time! What's your secret??? ;-)

It will be my second af. We didn't try until after the first because I was scared of falling pregnant, not being able to date it and freaking out. I just try to stay positive. It doesn't mean I don't get down and I was really disappointed when I saw a negative. The first af was horrible in some ways as it reminded me I wasn't pregnant any more, but in other ways i was relieved that I could start again! I just try to focus on looking forward but having a good cry whenever I need. And I probably sound a lot more grown up about it than I really am. If I dwell on it I really freak out that I'll never have a baby, I just try not to let myself

It will be my second af. We didn't try until after the first because I was scared of falling pregnant, not being able to date it and freaking out. I just try to stay positive. It doesn't mean I don't get down and I was really disappointed when I saw a negative. The first af was horrible in some ways as it reminded me I wasn't pregnant any more, but in other ways i was relieved that I could start again! I just try to focus on looking forward but having a good cry whenever I need. And I probably sound a lot more grown up about it than I really am. If I dwell on it I really freak out that I'll never have a baby, I just try not to let myself

I am expecting first AF since miscarriage this week- also bummed I didn't get BFP on first cycle :nope: hope I can have your strength!! :hugs:

Hi ladies how is everyone?
Im having a grumpy day!! Had some light brown bleeding yesterday morning and i was really excited thinking that af was finally arriving (32 days post d&c) but since then- nothing, its totally gone.
I've got mixed feelings because i know i'll feel sad when it arrives but the greater part of me just wasnts it over and done with so i can move on and get back to ttc. My brain and body just wants to get pregnant again!! :shrug:

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Hope the witch stays away for those testing this week xxx

:dust:

Hey Johnsongirl!! Grrrrr... I was hoping it was AF! I know you've been waiting (*patiently*) for it for awhile, so hopefully it comes soon!

I'm ovulating today, so we'll see what happens! This is my favorite time of month because I feel like it's the only time that I can actually do something!! The rest of the month--waiting for AF, then waiting for O again--drives me absolutely crazy. I'm a really active, Type A person, so it's really hard for me that so much of this process is completely out of my control.

Hey Johnsongirl!! Grrrrr... I was hoping it was AF! I know you've been waiting (*patiently*) for it for awhile, so hopefully it comes soon!

I'm ovulating today, so we'll see what happens! This is my favorite time of month because I feel like it's the only time that I can actually do something!! The rest of the month--waiting for AF, then waiting for O again--drives me absolutely crazy. I'm a really active, Type A person, so it's really hard for me that so much of this process is completely out of my control.

Thanks Topanga- my patience is definately getting stretched! You're totally right about the control part- i cant stand not knowing and being in control of my body- the only thing i seem to be able to do is poas haha!!
Good luck for the ov'ing and getting some bd'ing in!!

You never know, it may still be the start of af. Give it a few days, fingers crossed. And enjoy the next few days Topanga. I'm with you on it being the best time of the month :)

I hope that it is a sign af is about to start Johnson. I totally relate to how you feel waiting for first af- you just want to move on already!

Topanga, good luck! Hope this is the time that works out for you!!

I totally get how you feel about this time of the month. I'm due to ovulate this coming Saturday and with a 40 day cycle, sometimes it feels like forever to come around! Hope your making the most of your OH today!! :winkwink:

Hi girls. I'm a bit confused. Still no sign of af although it's been feeling like it's coming for 4 or 5 days now. Wondering if I got my ovulation date wrong, but I had ewcm (although it was pink tinged) on cd 8 which is when I always ovulate. I have a 23 day cycle and am now on day 25. Could it just be the miscarriage messing up my cycle? Although I thought it messed up your ovulation date, not the luteal phase. Any ideas?

Lbrum- maybe your cycle is different since your loss, or maybe when you tested before it was just too early to get a bfp....

lbrum I had a shorter luteal phase after my mc. And the next cycle I got knocked up so the cycle change didn't appear to affect much longterm. maybe you did ovulate a bit late, or maybe you need to take another test. or maybe both. :)

Hi everyone!

I sooooooooo want a BFP for xmas!!! I had a D&C on Nov 9th and I am still spotting/getting positive HPTs *ugh* I know I should wait until that first af to start trying again, but I am probably the most impatient person on the planet....

So as soon as I get a negative HPT, does that count as CD1?? I have an ovulation kit so I'm ready to go, I know it won't do me any good though until all that HCG is out of my system. Waiting sucks!

Congrats Mackjess, good luck to you in this pregnancy. It looks like everything is going awesome!

Lbrum- I really hope this is your BFP, maybe your ovulation date changed after the MC and you will get your BFP in the next couple of days!!!

Hi bluebird. Sorry about your loss, and sorry I'm probably not much help on when CD1 is. I had a natural m/c at 5 weeks. Since mine was so early by OB told me to count the first day of bleeding as CD1. And I used OPKs that month and sure enough I ovulated about 16 days later. So that first month I OV'd late and got AF early! I am pretty sure that you won't OV again if HCG doesn't drop under 5 though so some ladies start testing for OV about a week after they get negatives on pregnancy tests.

Sorry I'm rambling. I just have seen so many different stories since joining this page, but most of them end up with BFPs so that is good news. Some get AF right after HPTs drop to negative. For some it takes 1-3 cycles to get back to normal, and for others bam they are prego the very first cycle. A girl in one of the other threads just got a BFP today after m/c on 10/25, so it can happen!

And MLM, I'm glad you are in the states because I'm going to dognap your dog. LOL

Lbrum, any updates?

Yeah, I have been reading through lots of threads and everyone's experience is all over the map. I think I will start OPK testing as soon as I get a negative HPT, I may start my period a couple days later but hey, at least I tried right?!?!

And anyway, it gives me something to do instead of waiting around :)

Jess I am going to dognap your dog!! That face is ridiculous. I have 2 boston terriers with the same coloring and the same 'God help me' look

I love boston terriers! That pic was when Jake was a baby and I just asked him if he ate the giant hole in the linoleum floor. Now he is 12, fat, smelly, gray, and on heart pills. A general all around mess. So if you want him I'll give you the folder on his issues and a basket of pills to go with him! Hehe, He is still a happy doggie though. Just a little slower and a little more into naps than destroying kitchen flooring.

Bluebird- I finally got a negative hpt about 3 1/2 weeks after d&c, then ovulated at 4 weeks 2 days after d&c. So yeah, I'd start with the opks as soon as you get that negative test.

Lbrum- let us know if you test again, I'm hoping for a bfp for you!

Mack- you can have her!! Just kidding, I love my dog a lot (crazy dog lady here!) but she has a TON of energy. She got us up like 3 times last night and I was thinking how it is good prep for a baby!

Thanks MLM! That sounds like a plan, ooooh I'm getting excited now. I took an HPT on Monday and it was lighter than the control line plus I have been excercising like crazy. So I may be back on the TTC train soon, fingers crossed!!

Btw, is your puppy a puggle? Too freakin cute!! And my bostons are way worse than a baby. My daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks but my boston terrorists wake us up AT LEAST twice a night. They act like they need to go out and then they just stare at us like "well it seems I no longer have the urge to urinate, but since you're up can you feed me a turkey treat?" lol gotta love them.

Thanks MLM! That sounds like a plan, ooooh I'm getting excited now. I took an HPT on Monday and it was lighter than the control line plus I have been excercising like crazy. So I may be back on the TTC train soon, fingers crossed!!

Btw, is your puppy a puggle? Too freakin cute!! And my bostons are way worse than a baby. My daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks but my boston terrorists wake us up AT LEAST twice a night. They act like they need to go out and then they just stare at us like "well it seems I no longer have the urge to urinate, but since you're up can you feed me a turkey treat?" lol gotta love them.

Hahaha that is hilarious! Yes, my dog is a puggle.

I hope you get your neg. hpt soon. I kinda wish I started TTC before my first af now. Oh well too late now!

No updates yet. I'm going to wait a couple of days and of still nothing then take another test. With myths pregnancy where I miscarried I didn't test positive until 5 weeks so fingers crossed. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, prob justo body messing around!

Hey bluebird! I don't think you can guarantee cd1 until your first af but it doesn't mean you can't catch before then! It sounds like you're not far off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->