I want another baby

goddess25

Reaction score
Not really the appropriate place to post because we are not WTT. I really want a 4th baby but my husband will not entertain talking about it at all.

I am also 40 and lucky to have 3 healthy children, and we cant afford another not to mention its a struggle to cope with 3.

I just cant get it out my head.

I was just about to post saying how ridiculously broody I am too! I have a 6&7 year old and an 11 month old and really want a 4th..return to work in 2 weeks tho :( my hubby has agreed to try for no 4 next year tho. Is there no way your other half would change his mind? Xxx

i am in the same boat. really broody for a 4th and hubby is adamant no more. i am 30, 3 healthy boys with very little complications. we always planned 3 and i am happy but cannot stop thinking about another baby. highly unlikely to happen and it makes me feel sad.

It took me 2 years to persuade him into #3. I think I just have to accept that I am so blessed as it is. I will keep talking to him about it, I think its compounded with heading back to work next month too.

I am the same, and my husband is far than happy to have 2 healthy boys which they are nearly 5 and 3 and I wanted another baby. He kept telling me that I should accept that I already have two beautiful boys but I don't feel completed still yet after I had a missed miscarriage last year.

I'm in the same boat! DH & I have 2 girls (5 & 1) and we've always only planned on 2 but I cannot get having another baby out of my head. I'd really like to try again for a boy but DH doesn't seem interested AT ALL :cry: I get so sad thinking of never having another baby and I keep thinking about having a little boy

Its a tough thing to stop thinking and obsessing about, that's for sure.

Even if we do go for another we wouldn't try right now anyway as we already have 2 summer babies and wouldn't want another so we'd probably not be trying until the new year anyway so I'm trying to put it out of my mind until then and then I'll bring the subject up if it's still troubling me. My hubby has outright said no more though - which upsets me as normally we're on the same page with everything. We have so much going on this next year or two though so it's probably for the best. He has said I can get animals though - which while it's not a solution, it's a form of compensation lol. :blush:

It must be so tough wanting another baby and trying to convince your hubby it's a good idea. My SIL went through this recently and I know she found it really quite heartbreaking. I just have one baby at the moment and would love four one day too! I'm BF still so no period yet but when it comes back we'll start trying for number 2.

Even if we do go for another we wouldn't try right now anyway as we already have 2 summer babies and wouldn't want another so we'd probably not be trying until the new year anyway so I'm trying to put it out of my mind until then and then I'll bring the subject up if it's still troubling me. My hubby has outright said no more though - which upsets me as normally we're on the same page with everything. We have so much going on this next year or two though so it's probably for the best. He has said I can get animals though - which while it's not a solution, it's a form of compensation lol. :blush:

Do you mind me asking why you wouldn't want another summer baby? Both of my boys are spring/early summer babies, which I've found to be lovely times, particularly my March baby. I fancy a similar gap again but that would give a November due date, and I just can't help but think that maybe I'd prefer to wait to the spring.

2 reasons. 1 is spreading out birthdays a little but just for convenience. 2nd is education. Summer babes struggle and i feel guilty enough especially for my August ds3. In an ideal world i'd like either November or February ...... But that would be expecting too much lol.

I feel you :(. I've always wanted 3 (but wouldn't say no to a 4 if my DH wouldn't have a heart attack at the prospect! :haha:) and before we had kids we talked about having 2 definitely and probably 3 and we bought our house with 3 children in mind. Since having our 2nd DH has been pretty consistant on sticking with 2. We had pregnancy "scare" a few months ago and DH took it well, he said that he felt a lot happier at the idea of a 3rd and we talked about trying for another baby around Christmas time. But since then he's changed his mind again and although we've agreed to talk about having a 3rd he has said that he is happy with 2. I've tried to convince myself that 2 is right for us but it just doesn't feel right :(.

I feel you too... I am REALLY lucky to have three, as DH didn't even want to entertain that possibility... Granted we didn't do anything to prevent it, and Jason HAPPENED, THANK GOD!!!!!!! I so desperately wanted 3!
And now he's here I am already thinking about 'my' fourth... :dohh: I always said 4 kids but I CANNOT say anything to DH yet... he'll probably DIE!! :cry:
I just can't help wonder, will I EVER stop wanting more?!?!? I know I can't continue with this ad-eternum, I'm already 36! :shock: And Switzerland is an EXPENSIVE place to raise kids... *sigh*
Gonna wait another month or two and maybe bring it up once. If he has a complete cow at me, then I'll get the implant and be done with it I guess :( Three really was our compromise... :cry: :cry:

I feel you too... I am REALLY lucky to have three, as DH didn't even want to entertain that possibility... Granted we didn't do anything to prevent it, and Jason HAPPENED, THANK GOD!!!!!!! I so desperately wanted 3!
And now he's here I am already thinking about 'my' fourth... :dohh: I always said 4 kids but I CANNOT say anything to DH yet... he'll probably DIE!! :cry:
I just can't help wonder, will I EVER stop wanting more?!?!? I know I can't continue with this ad-eternum, I'm already 36! :shock: And Switzerland is an EXPENSIVE place to raise kids... *sigh*
Gonna wait another month or two and maybe bring it up once. If he has a complete cow at me, then I'll get the implant and be done with it I guess :( Three really was our compromise... :cry: :cry:

This is my case too. I'm waiting until we would 'ideally' want to TTC (i.e. to get a winter/spring baby) and then I'll bring it up just the once. If that is a no, then that's it. I'm like you - I don't know if I'll ever be done but I look at my 3 and feel incomplete and like there's someone/something missing. Problem is I can't figure out if that's a personal thing, that there is something missing from my life generally as I'm struggling with career/home life etc also, or if it's a genuine, there is a gap that needs another person to fill it? :shrug: This might all be a moot point though as hubby is adamant. I am on the mini-pill and that gives symptoms akin to being pregnant sometimes and just recently I've been having an episode and hubby keeps asking me genuinely if I might be PG, and he looks a little frightened at the concept. I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that doubt in his face is enough to upset me.

Hubby has asked me twice also if I'm pg - once when I was about to tell him I had bought a deep-freezer without telling him :)blush:) and once just last week b/c I have been craving (and still am! :blush:) carrot cake with cream cheese icing... :rofl:
Both times I totally couldn't read his feelings though... was a bit weird! :shrug:
We are going away in Sept for two weeks on a family holiday and I'm hoping to get a romantic evening going with wine on a beach-front balcony and some..."playtime" and ask him then...
I already know the answer I'm sure, but I'll always regret not having TRIED at least... :blush:

xxx

This is my case too. I'm waiting until we would 'ideally' want to TTC (i.e. to get a winter/spring baby) and then I'll bring it up just the once. If that is a no, then that's it. I'm like you - I don't know if I'll ever be done but I look at my 3 and feel incomplete and like there's someone/something missing. Problem is I can't figure out if that's a personal thing, that there is something missing from my life generally as I'm struggling with career/home life etc also, or if it's a genuine, there is a gap that needs another person to fill it? :shrug: This might all be a moot point though as hubby is adamant. I am on the mini-pill and that gives symptoms akin to being pregnant sometimes and just recently I've been having an episode and hubby keeps asking me genuinely if I might be PG, and he looks a little frightened at the concept. I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that doubt in his face is enough to upset me.

This is exactly how I feel! DH & I have always only wanted 2 kids...now we have 2 and I just cannot get over this feeling of wanting another, but at the same time I'm wondering if there really is someone "missing" or if there's something going on with me...and what happens if we do end up having one or 2 more...will I feel "complete" then?? I also wonder if maybe because we don't have a boy, that's part of it? I don't know but the thought of never "trying", being pregnant, giving birth, having a baby, etc. again really makes me sad :cry: DH is 30 and I'm 28 so I keep telling myself even if we wait a few years we'll still have time so that does give me some hope

Its a hard feeling to shake. I have mentioned it a few times but I just get a look no words and I know its out the question.

Swissmiss my brother lives in Zurich so I can only imagine what its like raising kids. Lots of fab toys over there though.

I had to take a hpt today as we weren't sure about these symptoms . Even with everything i didn't want a bfp so.relieved but still a bit disappointing. Hubby is still adamant no more. Weird mix if emotions.

i thought we were done at 2 it was my DH that suggested no.3 when dd2 was born and the thought terrified me :wacko: i just am not keen on the baby stage and have been umming and ahhing and Dh has been mentioning name ideas lately etc but then said if we have 1 more it has be by end of next year as he feels he will be too old. which means we would have only a few months to conceive. this has made me ridiculously broody however he wouldnt give us the go ahead to start he keeps pulling out. then on holiday he said ok maybe start next month but DTD this am and he still pulled out.:cry: i just feel so confused and he wont give me a straight answer i feel like he talked me round and now he isnt sure.however now crazily the thought of never having another makes me feel sad:nope:

argh i thought i was improving but hubby has said that he would accept us having another baby off we conceived within 3 months of now so that we would have baby here before i turned 32. its my birthday today you see. just as i thought i was getting my head around no more i have this potential. it would mean another summer baby but hey i can deal with that. tbh i wouldn't want tottc right now as my hubby is just embarking on a pgce which will finish at the end June. we would then be moving house etc and having a baby would potentially be a nightmare but i will never get this opportunity again. of course we may not even conceive if we only have a 2 cycle window. arghhhh this is too hard!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->