• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

icsi in 2011?

Congratulations Tink on being PUPO!! Thats great news! :happydance: And having 2 Future Babies :baby::baby: Thats Excellent!! Aww The Transfer sounded awful.. And what makes it worse is that your fully awake and aware of it all.. Main thing is that your little Bean is in you safe and sound :thumbup:... (For me Egg Transfer is DEFINITELY the worse when cycling, your in the stirrups what seems like forever, every one seems to be peeping into your peach :blush: and by the time its all over, your emotions are everywhere!) Being Pregnant is our goal so I guess we do what we have to do! be kind to yourself in your 2ww xx

Lolly- 25 Follies thats a healthy number! I pray they will all be mature and ready for egg collection :thumbup: Your doing Ace... Your early mornings will hopefully be a distant Memory xx untill your waking up for the morning feeds :haha:

Annie- :hugs: Im sure you will forever miss your Angel xx but imagine the angel praying for you and rooting for you in the heavens above xx I have excellent feelings for you all xxxxxxx

T4B- It certainly has been an emotional ride.. i have touched the sky and reached the pitts.. Hopefully it will all come to an end for us all :hugs:

Gill- Hope your doing fine Hun, thank you again for the information xxx Its scary the tests, As mentioned above hopefully it will all be worth while.. and we get out BFP...

Tink and Lolly, those poems really did bring a tear to my eyes... :cry: Our babies will be the most loved babies and the MOST WANTED in the Universe! and i know we will all exceed in Motherhood :hugs: Just waiting for the Lord to shower his blessings and to let us show him how great of Mothers we will be xxxxxxx

AFM I had my 1st Therapy this morning it lasted 3 Hours (first one 3 hours and the rest will be 2 hours).. At first I was thinking what the hell am i doing here!! :blush: I felt so weak and pathetic, i was BB'ing my hubby that I wanted to go home and I should not be here.... I FELT there was a huge banner over my head saying Loony Toon! :wacko: Cutting the long story she was so so lovely and sweet, i was shocked how fast the 3 hours went! :shrug:

I told her im usually a strong person... but life has worn me down recently, before i knew it i just started pouring my heart out to this complete stranger... I told her that my MIL passed away last year and my DH was very close to her and has not really been himself since.. Than not long after that he slipped a few discs in his back and had to be in bed for 2 Months.. My Parents got a very messy divorce, and my father has spiralled into a dark depression and calls me almost everyday crying.. (i told her i dont feel strong enough with what is happening in my life and hearing my father like this crushes me to the core) Than my Husband got Zero sperms in the first Analysis.. and now its just a handful... 2 Failed ICSI with no one knowing a thing... Broke my Arm In July... And I am having very bad panic attacks I have been off work unpaid leave.. I told her i just feel like a total mess that needs help and living have become a chore :cry:

She was so sweet saying to be Therapy does not mean your sick or your broken.. I kept telling her am i fixable??:blush: she told me the mind plays many things.. she said the more you want something FACT it will be even harder to get... Women who obsess about losing weight end up gaining it? the women who really want Mr Right do not find him? etc etc... she told me take a step backward... enjoy sex enjoy living.. and watch everything happen naturally.... ( i was thinking Duh! theres something medically wrong and we NEED help :shrug:) than she gave me an example of a client of hers 4 failed IVFS Tubes very damaged Husband zero sperms... after the 4th failed one she said she will leave it and it was not meant to be?? 2 Months later she missed her period and now has a baby :thumbup:
Another example she gave a women with 3 failed IVFS.. adopted a 4 month baby from China 1 Month after adoption she is now pregnant!

These stories sounded splendid and its hard to believe that can be me :nope:, she kept telling me i dont feel you need IVF love your body be kind to your body, and watch your body be kind back?? she said the mind controls EVERYTHING... She knows people who have had terminal cancer, yet with the positive thinking they are totally cure... and she told me some people who are perfectly healthy are convinced they have and illness and something is wrong and in manifests into real life... she told me think happy.. and happiness will come your way.... etc etc

She was so positive and sweet.. and told me I SHOULD NOT let IVF be the centre of my life... I have some homework to do.. but i do feel a little better after seeing her, £95 in a blink of an eye.. but do feel comfortable in what she was saying. my next session is next week.. I think I can only Afford a few more.. She said between 6-8 no way that will be possible with our financial situation :nope:

Have to take in as much as I can in each session.. Some people are remarkably happy and have a great Aura about them she certainly was one of them... I felt a huge weight of my shoulder when i left the room... it was like 'wow needed to get that all out!' it was like chatting to a friend about ALL your problems knowing that you will not get judged... or my DH rolling his eyes whenever i try and tell him whats in my heart,, it was liberating to say the least!

Sorry I have think i have gone off on one... :blush: honestly girls i use to think Therapy is like what you see in the movies.. than some one will come and lock me in padded walls!! :haha: it was so relaxing and she told me she has ALL sort of people.. eg no confidence in public speaking... martial problems.. sexual problems.. I told her you must be thinking im moaning about nothing compared to everyone else :blush: She said she has had 1 women who didnt know what clothes to wear every morning and would start crying and getting upset before work :shrug:.. She had to teach her to plan.. she said everyone is different.. i so wished i saw her before...

I will re-read my notes, Take care everyone, you ladies are forever in my mind and prayers xxxxx and i look forward to hear ALL the BFPS xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Tinks - i love givin advice & ur very welcome lovie... I did test today when I was out with my mam shopping and its a negative - - not to worry tho' girlies i'm really kinda past the stage of feelin hurt so to treat meself I dyed my hair a different colour :) hehe And just read about ur great news for ur 3 high graded embies.. congrats hunni so happy for u.... About the bleeding - its very normal after ur explanation of what happened now take plenty of rest & stock up on the chocolates xxxxx so happy for u ... I tink 18 days is a long time but sure everywhere is different - mine was 16 days but i tested 13days... did u ask him why you have to wait so long i'd love to know too :) Annie - i have to say ur very strong getting through the heartache of losing a baby - I had an early pregnancy almost 13 yrs ago & it gets so much better over the yrs. My husband also had lost a child when his ex from many many yrs ago lost a baby too - but unfortunately for him he cant get by what happened because now after all our treatment he thinks its all his fault.. I just try to help him understand its not him at all & faith will give us a little baby soon xxxxx

Lolly - ur so funny - very alike so we are. I had a bad hair day today so thrun a hat on haha.. but did manage to get outdoors today for some shoppin & me new hair colour is only lovely so happy days for now :) xx Lolly amazin u have 25 follies dats a lot of baby potential haha.... brilliant news today...Hopefully u'l get it done friday so u can start ur 2ww soon..

Nayla so glad ur finding therapy useful - don't ever think ur a looney.. I think the looney one's are the people who dont seek the help.. Ur amazin and you've been through the mill and after a couple of sessions u'll feel all the better in yourself and with ur partner and although its early days keep ur head high even when ur feeling down. Look at all u have achieved in your life and get through everyday knowing that one day you will have ur own bundle of joy....When u run out of money all us girlies will give u the hope to stay positive and look forward xxx ..

For me girls i'm feeling great and looking forward to our review on wednesday. I feel completely back to myself after all the meds and worrying and waiting and after the test showing a BFN I felt I deserved a treat so dyed my hair a fresh new colour.. The hubby just ordered a curry so i'm going to enjoy every bit.. hehe Hope u are all happy and excited about the next few wks... Love poppin on to see how u are all doing xxxx

Everyone on here sounds pretty positive right about now :happydance:

Nayla, so glad you have had some benefit already, thats a great sign of things to come :hugs: I bet you have held on to so much for so long and it must have been a massive relief for it all to pour out, i'm so glad you did :hugs: Interesting what she said about not feeling that you needed IVF, I hope she is right but until then I hope she helps you to find the strength to try again if you get there. So sorry your family problems continue. I'm sure they would be horrified if they knew the torture you have gone through. Have you spoken any more to your sisiter as I know you had to tell her a while back when she was planning a bday trip. I hope you and DH and find yourselves again, so much can get lost in this process. :hugs: We are all here hun, and so appreciate your kind words to us all :hugs:

Tinks, how are you feeling today? How was first day back at work? I hope little embababy is getting comfy for the long haul :cloud9: Does it feel weird with it being inside you? i know I could never get my head around it! Rest up hun :hugs:

Annie, your angel will always have a special place in your heart. You have been amazing and you should be so proud that you are trying again for your forever baby. Rooting for you!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

T4B, sorry was a negative but you sound so positive about the future, good for you! Love the idfea of a new look! I have a go at dying my hair every now and again with generally shocking results :haha: Last trauma was when 'chocolate brown with a hint of red' turned me into a pillar box, omg RED!! I have quite fine hair and always forget to adjust the times accordingly... :wacko: Massive good luck for your follow up tomorrow, I hope you and your clinic can make a good plan going forwards and you can start to look to the next cycle. I am sorry to read about losses before for both you and hubby. But with your PMA right now I have great feelings for you! :happydance::hugs:

Gill, hows things lovely, are you still on for IUI v soon? Hope you and your family are well :hugs:

AFM... Well day 2 of cold, think is starting to tail of now. Hoping tomorrow brings just the red nose reminder :dohh: I had bloods again today. Nurse couldn't find my vein, 3 people were done opposite in the time she got to mine. She was tring different veins as the usual one is now pretty bruised but in the end she had to go for the old faithful!! Ouch! If it is possible I think I may now have a bruise on a bruise, a double wammy!! Anyway, they didn't ring so all must still be ok. Had a good look at my chart and turns out I actually have 39 follies! :wacko: Obviously loads must be mini but no wonder i'm looking fat!! I seem to always get a lot of follicles but not many eggs considering, but maybe thats good, loads of eggs may mean bad quality :shrug: Anyway i'm bit paranoid at work now. I can't do up my clothes properly and have a noticeable stomache. Normally size 8 so any extra weight does show quite obviously. If anyone makes any pregnancy jibes i'll punch them :haha: I feel pretty achey now and when bending down to pick toys up etc can feel my my ovaries! Hope scan tomorrow can confirm EC, hoping for Friday but we will see...

Loads of love, you ladies are amazing, Lolly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

Hi Everyone, haven't been on here in a few days and things are moving fast! :flower:

Tinks, what a great result!!! You couldn't ask for better. :hugs: How are you going to get through the 2ww. OMG Im nearly biting my nails for you. I really like Lolly's word "embababy". So cute. You've got an embababy. Love it.

Lolly 39 follicles. Holy smokes. You're on fire!! No wonder you feel so bloated. I feel like a balloon and nothing like those numbers here. Elastic waist jammies are the must-have fashion on this thread :winkwink:

Nayla, so glad you got so much out of your first session. It sounds like you have a hell of a lot to verbalise. You're such a trooper. Just to even get yourself to the appointment and go through with it, shows you've still got some fighting spirit. I didn't know that therapists would do three hour sessions. Brilliant!

Annie how are you getting on these days? Where are you in your process? I think you were down regging recently. Is it going ok?

T4B's sorry the test was a no-no. Hopefully it's all just around the corner for you though. We'll be here rooting for you :hugs:

Things have been kinda moving for me. Cetrotide making me so sick. Cons reckons its mixing with the steroids etc. I've been an nightmare to live with. Went to gp yesterday to get sick cert for work for few days and got the flu jab while there at his recommendation. DH went ballistic due to immunology stuff but I did discuss it all with the dr. I usually have v.v.v. bad winters, and last yr got the jab and never got sick once. It was a miracle. Not so much as a runny nose. Anyhoo my raging hormones and DH upset did not make for happy campers :cry: Had scan today. It was kinda odd. You guys might be able to give me some advice here.:thumbup: Apparently I have too many follies coming up for IUI. The lady doing scan scan they could remove a few or we could transfer to ivf stuff instead. She went off to talk to my cons and came back and said it's ok, they were will to go ahead with IUI as I had loads of follies the last time too. She left the decision to me but I think we we will go ahead as planned. I just hadn't got my head around it to suddenly change over.:nope: They are doing another scan on Thursday at 9am with a view to triggering and doing IUI on Friday. Did we make the right decision?? Apart from anything else the sheer expense of changing over, it would be another 6000 euro for the ICSI with IMSI and perhaps we should give 1 IUI a go first? Oh god, I dont know now at all. Anyone any thoughts?? I've love to hear them. :shrug:

Lolly -I was choco brown too and have gone a firey red now.. looks much nicer :) hehe.. I'm always experimenting... hehe..... hope u feel better soon.. Nothing worse going through ur cycle with a cold. And for the trying to find veins. I also am in dat group. I was so sore after the bloods. Huge bruises which never hapens to me but sure everything seems to be different with my body now after the whole process... I'm sure ur follies are all fine - i wouldn't worry to much - there was a lady on the test tube baby programme and have i think 46 follies and she was fine but was bloated i wouldnt say there bad,hope ur scan goes really well tomoro and you'll have ur date for ur EC :) whoowhoo....

Gill - Thats a shocking amount of money extra... I can't believe how expensive it is. Sure over here its only about 4,500 euro for the process of ivf. And there trying to tell u its an extra 6,000 on top of ur bill... I think its really up to u about deciding to stick with IUI although the succes rates are a huge difference. I really think ur doctor should have advised you at the start about the optional treatments instead of giving u an ultimatim... sorry cant spell dat word.. I tink myself if money wasn't the issue I would change to the ICSI treatment because of the success rates etc.. that's only my opinion but if its about money and u can't afford it then stick with the IUI.... at the end of the day IVF, ICSI are all still just success rates and its really a luck of the draw in my eyes.. Some people have amazing results and then there's all the girls here having problems xxx I really think research it online and see if you've a better chance of the IUI xxxxxxxx

Lolly -I was choco brown too and have gone a firey red now.. looks much nicer :) hehe.. I'm always experimenting... hehe..... hope u feel better soon.. Nothing worse going through ur cycle with a cold. And for the trying to find veins. I also am in dat group. I was so sore after the bloods. Huge bruises which never hapens to me but sure everything seems to be different with my body now after the whole process... I'm sure ur follies are all fine - i wouldn't worry to much - there was a lady on the test tube baby programme and have i think 46 follies and she was fine but was bloated i wouldnt say there bad,hope ur scan goes really well tomoro and you'll have ur date for ur EC :) whoowhoo....

Gill - Thats a shocking amount of money extra... I can't believe how expensive it is. Sure over here its only about 4,500 euro for the process of ivf. And there trying to tell u its an extra 6,000 on top of ur bill... I think its really up to u about deciding to stick with IUI although the succes rates are a huge difference. I really think ur doctor should have advised you at the start about the optional treatments instead of giving u an ultimatim... sorry cant spell dat word.. I tink myself if money wasn't the issue I would change to the ICSI treatment because of the success rates etc.. that's only my opinion but if its about money and u can't afford it then stick with the IUI.... at the end of the day IVF, ICSI are all still just success rates and its really a luck of the draw in my eyes.. Some people have amazing results and then there's all the girls here having problems xxx I really think research it online and see if you've a better chance of the IUI xxxxxxxx

Nayla - You are not a loon. You are very brave to amitting you want help. Your therapist sounds amazing, you have had o much to deal and if she can help with just a little bit of that then it will be worth it. I really hope the possitivity continues :hugs::hugs::hugs:

T4B - I am sorry about the BFN hun, new hairs sounds fab though. Its great to hear how possitive you are about round 2. Cant wait to hear what they say at your update. The clinic said to wait 18 days as you can get false possitives but all other clinics dont wait that long. I was just speaking to one girl and her clinic test 12 after transfer of a 3day embie :thumbup:

Lolly - 39!!!!!!!!! Wow, no wonder you ar struggling to bend down. Do you have a scan tomorrow??? You may be triggering tomorrow night :happydance::happydance: OMG :happydance: Sorry your blood draw was difficult. For my last one they got a funny little fine needle out that was attached to like a thin tube, I think its used on kids :dohh: My veins can be naughty also :dohh:

Gill - Sorry you are feeling so sick, I think the sick note is the best idea. Make sure you rest :thumbup: I think you have made the right decision, you may as well give IUI a go first, it may save you money and less stress on your body. GL for your scan on Thursday :kiss:

I am doing ok, loving the work embababy as well. I am very very bloated but i guess thats expected really. If all is well embababy will be going to blast tomorrow :happydance::happydance:

Eaten my pineapple, including core, for today :thumbup:

hey guys im sorry havent been in for a day been busy as usual! no rest for the wicked.

tinks you little pupo princess im so glad u have your high grade little embryo in there and two frosties yay!!! u ought to have those feet up missy i do hope you are not working too hard. i agreee transfer is the hardest part pain wise im dreading my next transfer the most x

lolly 39 follies! wowsers! you poor thing make sure you take it easy not long for egg collection now then!

gill sounds difficult to decide between iui and icsi i would have liked the op to have had a iui but we were told due to dh severe mf it was never going to work. if u have the chance it may be worth it but listent to the clinic they no best :)

t4b liking the sound f red hair mine is mousey brown i havent dyed it for 6 years and im very tempted lol dorry for the bfn but hopefully your review this week will mean you can get going again very soon :0 )

nayla well done on the therapy they sound very good and this experience can only help you and make you stronger for the next cycle keep smiling xxxx

afm, ive done down reg injection no 15 5 more before my hospital scan on monday so hopefully i can start downregging then im booked provisionally for the 31st october egg collection i feel so far behind you girls right now long protocol sucks ha ha!
im also feeling very poorly i think im coming down some coldy fluey thing and my head wont stop banging and the damn hot flushes dont help either but hey ho its all worth it for the forever baby and i really should not moan! it's a bugger tho cause i treat cancer patients and i dont really want to spread my germs but i need my sick leave for egg collection/transfer week! my hubby is being good tho and looking after me xxxx

I should have clarified about the price of it, ordinary ivf is 5000, then add the icsi, another 500 and imsi on top of that another 500. TBH if we are going to do it, I'll do the lot and throw in imsi aswell. We got pregnant before twice (m/c's) with non-existent sperm so I think that is why doc wants to give IUI one chance and hopefully DH's sperm is still going strong since the last test. We've already spent 2500 in this clinic and another 2000 roughly in the other one, with all the testing, appointments etc. Then there's the meds, the gp's visits throughout, acupuncture, we must be at the 5500 mark by now. When I think of it, its really scary to think we've spent all this and haven't even had a procedure yet. We don't have a lot of money so it's a tough call. I had intralipids again today. 260 a go. :wacko: The IUI will cost 850. :wacko: Oh what to do? I feel that we should give IUI one go. What's another month and another grand in the hock. We will learn a bit about DH's sperm too I guess when they see what's there with washing. We will have to :sex: all weekend just to be sure we really are giving it the best shot. Every cloud :winkwink: It's all a gamble isn't it really, no matter what way you look at it.

Hmmmm... not sure about new look B'n'B :wacko:

Yay for embababy :happydance: Thought it was cute too :haha:

Gill, I think maybe you are making the right choice to try IUI first, but obviously its a totally personal decision. But like you say, you are DH got bfp twice naturally so gotta be in with a chance :thumbup: Plus sometimes moving on to ivf/icsi needs a bit of time to get your head around and I would feel that springing it on me personally would be too much too soon. Good luck lovely!!! :hugs:

Annie, boo for the germs huh! Sorry to hear you struggling a bit. Your job sounds very hard, it must be tough with all the emotions also. Get well hun :hugs: Glad to hear hubby is giving you lots of TLC, much deserved :hugs:

Hi Tinks, go blastobaby!! Heres hoping all is :thumbup: I have no doubt hun :happydance::happydance: I have noticed that there is one nurse that uses that tube one for bloods :shrug: It was her I had today, she said I had bad veins :growlmad: I said she had been poking them to much :haha:

T4B, new hair sounds amazing colour! Thanks for words of encouragement. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, can't wait to hear how you get on.

Well girls i'm shattered, hopefully a good night sleep before another early start :wacko: Hoping to trigger tomorrow, feel like theres no more room for any more growth :haha: I'm very pleased with 39 but from past experience lots will be fluid filled. I just hope for a few good eggies [-o<[-o<[-o<

hi girls!

Just a quick update... Scan went well although was a mad rush gettin there! Ended up 15mins late! Why is it that as soon as a little rain the motorway comes to a standstill?! Anyway, didnt matter as they were about 35mins behind schedule anyway :dohh:

Have nearly 50 follies now :wacko: nurse said she felt sorry for me! But loads, about 25-30 are small! There are about 8 big ones and then the rest are racing to catch up. Hoping they will grow quick as EC is friday :happydance: phew! Very glad as cant see me coping over the weekend like this. Im actually waddling now :haha:

So trigger at 10.30 tonight. Here we go again...

Right lunch over and back to work. Hope all of you are well today :hugs:

All my love, Lolly x x x x x x x x

Lolly, 50 follicles!!! :wacko: That's amazing. :thumbup: Wow you should defo get some frosties out of that bunch! Good luck with the trigger and and Friday. Seems like a lot of things on this thread happen on Fridays.. and please god they will all be good. :hugs:

I have apt at 9am for a scan in the morning. It will be a nice 7am start on the road. Will hopefully bring good news. Nerves are at me though after the last scan...

It WILL bring good news! You will be fine, i'm sure! Good luck :hugs: Always nerve wracking but PMA and everything crossed :hugs: Yuk for the early starts, I hear ya with that one! The one day we leave at 7 we are late though! Back to 6.15 for EC Friday :dohh:

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope I get a good result but I have many follies each time and have only gotten 7 eggs first cycle, and 5 the last. Although the last one was unrealistic as mhy cysts messed all that up :wacko: But don't think i've ever had 50 before!! Anyway, here's hoping for us all :hugs:

Hi girls tanks all for the comments -

I've got a really long story here...

anyhow today we went in as planned and we seen one bloke just to check all the files where available for the doctor... Brought up to the waiting room and said be just a few mins.. half hour went by and i got very pi**ed off so the DH went to see what the hold up was...They had forgot we were there waiting... That turned my day upside down...They said sorry and I told the counsellor so she went out to complain because we didnt need that at all on REVIEW DAY...

Now u's all probably tink a half hour is nothing.. i'd never complain about anything but today just annoyed me so i was upset...after me ranting on we had a chat and we both agreed we wouldn't be telling a soul and the counsellor told us her son had gone for treatment and what made it worse was having to ring the 20 people and explain so that's one thing done now - NOT TELLING anyone not even the family. she asked us how we felt when we knew the result was a BFN and I told her the full truth - i said I took everything out on my DH and threw a few tings round the house and cried all day and was very angry..
She said that's why we are here so u don't do that to ur DH and you can shout are roar here.. bless her she probably thought i was a nutcase hahahaha...
I think we'd both cope better not telling anyone next time and to talk to each other and prepare for a BFN as well as a BFP...

Then got to see the doctor and he was so so nice.. they've a new chart system so things look good.. we talked about how long we have to wait and he said they would rather a bleed from the transfer then 3 full periods.. I was nearly gettin away with going in december but we were thinkin about the weather and I had told him my symptoms of been sore for the few days etc so he said he would rather we wait til january..
I asked him about why i was so sore and he said when the eggs grow the ovaries get big.. from a small golf ball to the size of half a football or bigger (must be a football because i'm huge..) he said it takes time to go down and heal because all the proding to collect the eggs when they grew probably bruised the insides and that's why they wait a while before starting treatment again.. Its basically to get myself back to normal...)
Talked about DH sperm, of how low its gone down and he was saying he could be back up from the one million to the ten million he last got in april.. I said to him thats perfect timing because he'll only need 72 days.. the doctor said I was well up to date and I said I knew so much about it I could b a consultant myself hahah.. I had a great chat and a laugh.. felt really comfortable. Now back to my EGGS.. He said because I was on a short protocol .. I should have produced less follies and that they were very amazed at the 16 they retrieved...

After checking the quality they are now changing my meds from purogon to menopur as menopur sell there drug to help gain QUALITY eggs rather than the amount. We also asked could we reduce the amount of mls per day as they grew to quick and we thought if they grow on a steady rate we would defo get better quality.. The doctor was shocked at the amount of info we knew and he agreed to take that route as it would be much better for me to produce quality eggs....

HAPPY DAYS I dont wana miss anything.. Hope u's arent bored with me ranting on again... I'm just so excited now.. I tink we are much more prepared this time round and at least we can get xmas over and done with.. :) :) :) I've to ring in December to make my appointment for my pre-period scan and he's put a prescription in my file to collect. so looks like its round 2 for january girls He also advised us to go for blastocyst but we can decide by january so just signed all the forms in case we take that route... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx hooray

GILL - i never heard of imsi until now... My clinic don't do it.. is it only new?? i would have asked today. I tink when it comes down to the costs it really makes it harder to make the decision.. Defo sit down with the DH and really think it all over.. what the benefits are the pro's and con's etc... Read up on medical studies rather than just success rates as the doctor was explaining to me.. I told him about the acupuncture and he said medically its not proven to increase the chance of a pregnancy.. Its only success rates that they use and if everyone was to go by success rates then everyone would do the acupunture so least I can look at it from both sides. He said if I think it would relax me and relieve stress then it would benefit but not to think of it as a 50% chance it will give me a baby.... Hope dat helps too gill xxxx

LOLLY - - - Glad to read ur post.. hopefully you'll get ur trigger tomoro :) happy happy happy xxxxx :haha:

TINKS -hope ur bloating doesn't get to bad for the next while.. :hugs:

LOLLY 50 follies... madness 8 big ones is really good... so happy that's happened least u don't need to worry about the other racing.. :thumbup:

GILL good luck with ur scan in the morning xx . :happydance:

Hi T4B

So glad your appointment went well :happydance: Yay for January :happydance: New year new start new baby :cloud9: Sorry that they 'forgot' you, how the hell... :shrug: Bet you was mad, deserve to be :growlmad: But guess all's well that ends well and like you said, you told them a thing or two :haha: Glad your doc is taking your advice :haha: Good for you!!

Thanks for the encouragement :hugs: Trigger shot in 20mins (else I would've been :sleep: long time ago!!) I'm nervous! This will be my last injection ever, i'm not doing this again so praying praying praying its third time lucky :cloud9:

Lotsa love xxxxxxxxx :kiss:

Oh yes new year new start new baby I love it... :) :kiss:
Tanks lolly :)
It's all happy days - was like me telling the doctor exactly what we are going to do.. hehe :D Its shocking they forgot us when we were the only couple in the waiting room haa......
Oh trigger shot - you'll fall :sleep: after it i'm sure..
It's defo going to be ur luck this time :hugs:
I'll say a little prayer for u xxx Enjoy ur sleepies xxxx Loadsa loves back at ya sweetie xxxxxx nite nite x

:flower::flower:

Hi everyone, looks like we are all set for the IUI tomorrow. Yikes! :thumbup: Scan went well first thing this morning. Cons said there are plenty of follies and was v.happy with how much so little stims could do. There are three big follies and lots of sml ones and she's hoping I don't produce triplets or she will get fired. ( I think neither of us really believe 3 will happen) She said even though my amh was so low, things were looking good and if this didn't work, we would be definitely looking good for good response with ICSI. It made me feel better when she clarified that we could go straight into an ICSI cycle after this, no waiting about. But maybe this will work.... :wacko: Had to pull out my trigger shot from the cooler bag and stick it in, with her there. It's amazing how all embarrassment goes out the window. I was injecting at the dinner table the other day with my elderly parents sitting there :coffee:

I don't know whether Im really able to get my hopes up after all the disappointment in the last 2 years. I went shopping after the appointment and bought a lovely size 8 miniskirt. Maybe I'll keep it in the bag with the receipt in the hope that I have to bring it back in two weeks (pray)... and if it all goes belly up, well I'll put on that skirt and some nice boots and at least try to feel good about not being a beached whale for the winter. :cry:

DH has to go in 2 hours before me tomorrow to produce his sample. I know they wash it or something, don't really know what that is. Pity they can't add some steroids to it and make it gooooooooo!

Any craic with you guys? Lolly, how's it going? Are you dying to deflate? One more day!! What are you going to do while you wait for news after EC? Waiting, waiting, AAAAGGGHHHH :hugs:

Great news about the scan Gill! :happydance: Can't believe you are going for it tomorrow, its come round so soon! :happydance: Also its nice to know that if this isn't your time that there is hope for a good outcome for icsi. I'd say all in all a positive day! Oh, and hope you end up being that beached whale :haha:

I am typing this from bed!! Pretty exhausted! Had to go to this posh conference meeting this morning, so nice trousers and heels. God I was so uncomfy! Ended up with my cardi wrapped round me all day, holding it together so no one could see my trousers (2 button and zip!!) undone :haha::haha: So EC is tomorrow, then weekend to recover. have monday off assuming we are lucky enough to have transfer then back to work tuesday morning, then its my graduation Tesday afternoon :wacko:

:hugs:

Lolly - so sorry i missed your news last night :thumbup: EC tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: If they work the same as last week you will be 3rd in, I think. Exactly a week behide me :happydance::happydance: Oh GL hun, I really hope you get some good eggys and DP sample is just as good. Hope you get some rest tonight and speak tomorrow :hugs::hugs:

T4B - I would have been mad as well if they forgot us :haha: Wow everything sounds so possitive. New years baby then, it will be here in no time. Xmas will make it go quick. Its good that the cons did take on board your suggestions.

Gill - :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: all systems go for you as well. Triplets, could you imagine :winkwink: FX you will not be needing icsi, ther is no reason why this will not work. PMA PMA PMA :kiss:

Annie - Glad DR is going ok, not long until your scan now. Sorry you are stuck on long protocol, must be frustrating :hugs::hugs::hugs: I have done some research though and you should get more eggs on LP, good things come to those who wait :winkwink:

AFM - nothing to report. I feel soooooooooo bloated I look pregnant :dohh: its making me fed up as I am constantly uncomfy. If I was 100% getting a BFP I would not care. How long does it take for the bloat to go?????

tinks hun my bloat never went because i got a bfp and it carried on even after i had my missed misscarriage until a couple of weeks after d and c lol! and since then ive put weight on so i still feel fat but its deffo a small price to pay for your forever baby! eeekk!!

lolly 50 follies you must be walking like a penguin!! ha ha! im glad you are getting your egg collected tomorrow i expect you flipping need it ha ha! goodluck for tomorrow hun i will be thinking of you!

gill goodluck for the iui tomorrow that is fab news and has also come round so quick too! im hoping this will be the cycle for you so you dont have to spend any more euros lol!

t4b they forgot me once too thats such a bugger! i took my menopur for my last cycle and will be this cycle i hadnt heard that about the quality but thats interesting as i stimmed for 17 days last cycle so it was a slow process.

afm yep still down regging and bored bored bored of it now! cant wait until my scan on monday so i can start two injections a day lol! i wish i was on short protocol tinks cause even tho i had 12 eggs last time i only had one suitable for freezing after my embies were put back and the pct wouldnt fund for one so it got disposed of so it made no difference lol! i'm feeling a little down today i have been ok all the way through so far but i think im scared, scared of a bfn but more scared of a bfp and losing it in such a cruel way again i'm def having a why am i putting myself through this day?!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->